project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
30 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2005-08-12, 19:31   #11
Pak

Well, the bouns doesn't really matter, but the point system should be changed so you get points for actually DOING things as commander. As it is, you get points the longer you are commander, even if you don't do anything at all.
Pak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-08-14, 00:14   #12
TaZ

whats a nimrod?

This is an amazing idea...I would love for a command post. It would certaintly solve the problem of hiding in dumpsters
TaZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-08-14, 00:46   #13
Harmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmor
What if you actually had to get into (press 'E' to enter), the Command Trailer to command?

I mean how do you have access to calling artillery strikes or requesting supply drops? I don't see a PDA in your hand with a little stylus to click where the supply/artillery strikes should be?

Now does this mean that SpecOps/Snipers will have a field day on the commander? Why yes. Snipers, however, will require the M95 to kill the commander though (to get though the windows).

Obcourse the only person allowed in the command trailer would be a player who is currently commander.

A commander can jump out of the trailer, but wouldn't have access to any of the command functions.

The interior of the Command trailer should have graphics and hudlike information - model it after the inside of jets/helicopters if possible.

Note, the commander should be able to see out of the trailer using mouse-look - heck make him able to move around a bit inside - a small room that only he can enter.

Just thinking out loud.
Harmor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-08-14, 02:18   #14
TerribleOne

This would give people acces to lots of areas for commanders eyes only and hopfully lots of toys to play with. Which would sway lots of people to want to be the commander i think.

A nimrod is a reconnaissance aircraft used heavily by the british its primary functions are electronic warfare, linguist and acoustics. Some of its roles include searching for submarines via boyes placed in the water or by looking manually for water marks left by subs called 'feathers in the water'.
TerribleOne is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-09-02, 18:57   #15
Wonder

How about a command bunker?
Wonder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-09-05, 12:58   #16
GABBA

Mutinies never EVRER work. you could have the worst commander but it only takes one or two poeple to fail a vote.
GABBA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-09-08, 20:10   #17
SiN|ScarFace

The UAV should be an actual object. Dono if thats possible.

Also the UAV should not provide red blips on the mini map for the whole team. It shouldnt even provide any kind of infomation other than an aerial view of the battle field and only to the commander.

Im not a fan of commander mode and what it has done to BF.
SiN|ScarFace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-09-08, 20:34   #18
bpwelch

I have this idea posted in my other topic but I think it would work better in this topic.

The idea is this: have the commander be a combat controller life they have in the air force; you would end up with a modified T-Button set up I think.

Also if any of you have watched black hawk down, you will remember the combat controllers were in a special black hawk with comm. and survailence gear.

My idea for the above would be to have the comm./CC be able to direct battle from the helo ONLY and have to piloted around, therefore making it even more realistic and somewhat harder so that one man can't just up and decide the fate of the battle. You would have to have a pilot that would help and maybe give some teamwork score to the pilot of the CCs BH.

Another neat part about having a CC(combat controller) only BH(black hawk) would be that it could get shot down; this would require that the pilot be compitent(sp) and stay out of range of missle locks. It would also mean that if the pilot just flew off to the edge of the map it would reduce the effectiveness of the CC; I think the CCs BH could act in the place of a UAV or maybe be an enhanced version of one since it is a stable platform for a host of survailence gear.

Hope that all helps!

-bpwelch
bpwelch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-09-08, 22:52   #19
TerribleOne

And while the commander is flying around on the battlefield giving support he doesent have any weapons he can use right? No minigun attached to his laptop
TerribleOne is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
battlefield, commander