project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Clans > Clan Recruitment
25 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Clan Recruitment Post here if you are looking for a clan, or wish to advertise vacancies within yours.

Old 2013-08-27, 14:35   #11
Wicca
Supporting Member

Default Re: [PRTA] The Project Reality Teamwork Alliance

Roger doger!

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 01:19   #12
Wicca
Supporting Member

I think that you should all have a look at our video thread:

[Video] - Project Reality gameplay videos | PRTA - Project Reality Teamwork Alliance

If you dont, youll be sorry!

Old 2013-09-02, 00:31   #13
Wicca
Supporting Member

PRTA has 3 goals.

1. The PRTA will strive to create a standard and level of professionalism and teamwork on all servers in games. A good game of teamwork, is what it is all about.
2. The PRTA will try to ensure all members have fun.
3. The PRTA will try to play games together and support the games with servers and similar structures.

We believe theses are a good set of rules that ensure we play the games our members like, and keep a community that focuses on the core strengths of being social and working as a team.
Our community grows at a steady pace, if you want to join our community sign up to join one of our units:

Members | PRTA - Project Reality Teamwork Alliance

Similarly we allow players to join us as members without being in a unit. But beware, they go through a voting round before being allowed in. So make sure you know a few of us. We have only one requierment, be active on teamspeak. Thats where the bonds are made, and the games are played.

See you soon!

Join us! | PRTA - Project Reality Teamwork Alliance

Old 2013-09-02, 21:12   #14
guru951
Supporting Member

It's tough to find consistent teamplay nowadays, but it has become much easier since joining PRTA. Lots of communication, lots of good rounds, and plenty of seasoned PR veterans.

YouTube

guru951 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 10:49   #15
Curry
Supporting Member

Done with cleaning anytime soon?

Curry.

Curry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 11:51   #16
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

We are moving our website host. It might take a while as most tech guys are seemingly on LOA. Our TS and PR servers are still up though.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 12:22   #17
Wicca
Supporting Member

We have successfully moved our website to a new server.

I would like to thank mr. Semtex for hosting us as long as he did, from his own pocket! Thank you Semtex.

Additionaly, Temexter has been working very hard on getting the website up. Thank you for that. If anyone else has participated, let us know.

Now roam free and use this great site!

- Wicca and PRTA Management

P.S. Feedback is still welcomed...

PRTA - Project Reality Teamwork Alliance

TS: ts.prta.co

Old 2013-10-11, 23:57   #18
Wicca
Supporting Member

PRTA - Managment Positions
We are currently in need of some hands on help from the community. Under is a list of open spots on our managment team, aswell as a small introduction as to what that managment does.
There is also a moderator team open for those of you who wish to sign up for that.

Vacant postions:
Head Managment

Manager: Economy, ensures we have enough donations to cover the server costs. If we dont, asks people for donations.
Manager: Reports & Requests, any thread in that forum must be taken seriously, and as such this person has the ability to process it with alot of freedom and insight into PRTA operations.
Manager: Suggestions, if a suggestion is posted, it is the Original posters responsibility to settle the manner by a vote. Since nothing is done by simply suggesting it. Make sure the OP makes a vote about it. And follow through any other suggestion that is not finished.
Manager: Work Tasks, makes sure the threads and tasks in this forum gets done. And when done moved to archives.
Manager: News, ensures our frontpage looks proffesional, and coordinates events and announcments from the managment, aswell as their promotion.

Server Managment
Manager: PHP, HTML5, CSS3, MySQL and XSLT knowledge, someone who can help us code new attributes and content.

PRBF2 Managment
Manager: Seeding, makes sure the server is seeded everyday.
Manager: PRBF2 Admins , ensures the admins are up to date on knowing what the rules are, and how to behave in the server.
Manager: Ban Appeals Forum, ensures all ban appeals are worked on, and that admins and players are connected.

Art Managment
Manager: Media, makes sure people gets their media requests done, aswell as producing media for PRTA.
Manager: Facebook, updates our facebook on a regular basis.
Forum Managment
Moderator: Makes sure the forum rules are kept, infracts and bans users based on their posts.

Member and Unit Managment
Manager: Administrator of Members and Leaders, makes sure members and leaders outside units stays active. And sorts out usergroups for them.
Manager: Administrator of units, makes sure the unit pages are correctly displayed, ensures they stay active and sorts usergroups and forums for them.
Manager: Leader forum, ensures there is an ongoing engagment between the leaders, and works on any issues or requests they make.

Team spirit
In PRTA, all our managers work on certain "passive processes" that entail repetitive task or work that is streamlined. We also promote creating "active processes", where we develop new software or features for PRTA. So any additional skills in Photoshop, programming or similar is very appreciative. The ability to solve problems and figure out solutions are also very important.

How do you apply?
Go to this forum; Join us! | PRTA - Project Reality Teamwork Alliance
Find the correct application form, and make a thread there.

Regards Wicca & PRTA Managment

Old 2013-10-17, 22:24   #19
Wicca
Supporting Member

PRTA FORUM MEDAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey Community,
I have a pleasant announcement to make! Today we show our WIP Medal system: an achievement system on the forums that allows you to show what you have done in PRTA. Whether this is participating in our events, having a great ability in the games we play or just a special personal one we made for you.

To see what medals are available, just go to the MEDALS tab on the navigation bar where you will see them all in their categories. You can see a user's latest 4 earned medals under a users avatar. Clicking on them shows all of the users medals with their description. You can also look at users profile and look for the medals tab.

How do i get one?
Well as you can see, we don't have that many medals yet, neither have we awarded them to anybody yet.
To recommend somebody or yourself for a medal, use the following forum in the support section:
Medal Recommendation | PRTA - Project Reality Teamwork Alliance

To suggest new medals or categories, please use this thread or the following:
[Suggestion] - Medal Suggestion | PRTA - Project Reality Teamwork Alliance

Now go ahead and discuss who should get the CAS Whore medal!

Old 2013-10-27, 11:54   #20
Wicca
Supporting Member

Our own Flix, from Spearhead is organizing a training for squadleaders, if you are interested:

Quote:
Motivation: The idea is to provide a controlled environment were players can try out how it is to lead a squad. I know from experience that it can be rather stressful to take responsibility over 7 unknown players and order them around, but that stress fades away with time, especially if you lead often. Therefor, I'll arrange this session as a first step to build confidence and try things out.

Also, if you're really interested in starting leading squads, I'd recommend that you read Oskar's Guide to Squad Leading. It covers almost all aspects you'll need to know, so it's certainly worth your time.

Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19000835/PRTA Guide to Squad Leading v2.pdf

Setup: I'll not hold your hand or force people to walking in a perfect line. Everyone lead in different ways, so instead I intend to give you a chance to figure out what works for you.

As a squadleader (SL), you'll be given a task. Then it'll be up to you and your fireteam leader (FL) how you want to proceed. I, or someone else who's competent enough, will also be part of your squad, answering questions if needed. We'll play it out in rounds and have a debriefing after each round, where you'll evaluate how it went and receive feed-back from the squad. If it went well, we'll switch SL/FL and start a new round, slightly different from the previous one.

As a squadmember (SM), I'll just require a few things of you.
-Pay attention to what the SL/FL say.
-Be obedient. If you think an idea is bad, save it for the debriefing.
-Keep everyday banter away from the squad radio. This will also be a good time to train on proper radio discipline.

At this moment, I only have a few scenarios in mind, but I think you'll get the general idea of how this could work. If this works well, we'll plan new sessions with different themes.

First session: Leading a squad using fireteams

Time: 3rd of November, starting 19:00 PRTA-time. We'll meet up in Spearhead's "PR2"-channel.
Map: Asad Khal, skirmish mode.
Requirements: 1 SL, 2 fireteam leaders (FL), 6-8 grunts.
Setup: IDF has one full squad, tasked with searching through the small village of Asad Khal to make sure it's safe to setup a FOB. Hamas has one fireteam working in the area and whose orders are only known to them, and will vary between rounds.

Every round lasts until either team is completely wiped out or I call it off. You're only allowed 1 death per round, meaning that if you're dead, you'll have to hold you spawn until next round.

The purpose is to give regular players a chance to try out leading a squad or a fireteam. If you're unsure what a "fireteam" is, I'll go through it before the session starts.

Example of how this can be done:

At the beginning of the round, I'll give the IDF SL a short briefing ( example: "We have reports about a enemy fireteam operating in the area") and then let him sort out his squad the way he likes. The Hamas fireteam will be given a simple mission (example: "Hold the brigde N of West Village at all costs"). For the sake of training, Hamas will initially be mostly stationary, making good use of the AR and elevated positions, so the IDF has a clear target that they need to take down.

The reasoning behind all this is to give the leaders on IDF a nice and gentle first step towards being a good and confident leader. The odds are screwed in IDF's favour for this very reason.

Any member of PRTA is welcome. If you feel that you can help out with the training, giving tips and guidelines, you're also very much welcome; Every new insight is appreciated.

If you're interested in participating, sign up in this thread:
http://prteamwork.com/threads/prta-s...eginners.6493/

If you have any questions, suggestions or general feed-back regarding the setup or so, feel free to post in this thread or, preferably, find me on TS (Flix).

Tags
alliance, project, prta, reality, teamwork