project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2015-09-28, 20:37   #11
blayas
Default Re: Critical Open Tasks

interesting!

Sorry I was not being specific , what do I want to say `` realistic`` , is whether this cannon will have the same rate of fire of true and can be equipped with AA ammunition that has a proximity fuze , whereas the operator cannon would need to be skilled to hit agile aircraft in PR since he would not have fire control assistant at your disposal.
Old 2015-09-28, 22:07   #12
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

It will have the same rate of fire as r/l, which is 25 rounds per min and will have the same max/min elevations (of -10 / +55 degrees) + a 360deg rotation (although if it shoots backwards it will hit the ship and will cause it serious damage).

I'm unaware of any Proximity fused ammunition for the Vickers 4.5" Mk8 Naval Gun, the only ammunition I'm aware of is HE, Chaff and Startshell, and later on after the Falklands War HE-ER (extended range, which I mentioned in my last reply).

As such like in r/l, you will have to get a direct hit to kill, which is tricky in r/l but even more so ingame and its probably going to be next to impossible to hit a jet tbh.

Old 2015-09-29, 15:53   #13
blayas

Searching further , I found that there was no specifies AA ammunition, actually the ammunition HE was used with multifunction fuzes , including mechanical timing and Proximity fused AA function, This is excencial for a weapon as described multifunction`` including anti-missile and AA functions.

``The HE round is used for both air and surface action with the fuze mode selected electronically just prior to ramming. Two fuze types were originally provided, N7 (mechanical time) and N97 (multirole: direct action, proximity low or high altitude and post-impact delay). These have been joined by the UA 3345 Proximity Fuze, which is a derivative of the UA 3018 fuze used in projectiles for the 76.2 mm Compact.``

What did you think now Rhino ? We could see the Mk8 helping its smaller 20mm peers?
Last edited by blayas; 2015-09-29 at 16:04..
Old 2015-09-29, 16:52   #14
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Interesting, I had missed that and surprisingly nothing mentioned on it in my other sources but ye, see where you found it which is one of the most detailed sources I have on the gun.

Will look into it but still, even with a proximity round not sure how effective its going to be vs aircraft

Old 2015-10-12, 16:51   #15
LiamNL
Supporting Member

So would the frigate be a claimable asset? And if you made a squad for the frigate would that also include the lynx on the back so you know when to slow down for the lynx to land?
Old 2015-10-12, 23:58   #16
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamNL View Post
So would the frigate be a claimable asset? And if you made a squad for the frigate would that also include the lynx on the back so you know when to slow down for the lynx to land?
Well that's really for players and server admins to decide but I would recommend that it is probably best for them to be in the same squad since the Lynx can also do a little recon for the Frigate, as well as like you said, let it know when its coming in for a landing but there is no need for slowing down, main thing is to sail in a straight line and for the other slots to be taken up by at least one spotter on the ground.

Old 2015-10-16, 15:04   #17
LiamNL
Supporting Member

Another question, as there might be a night layout for the map, will the British get actual night vision goggles? As I can remember that that was one of the major advantages that the British had over the Argentinians.
Old 2015-10-16, 15:35   #18
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

British Infantry didn't have NVGs back in the Falklands War, nor did the Argentinians. Both sides had a few "Starlight" night scopes but these where not very common.

Old 2015-10-16, 18:12   #19
LiamNL
Supporting Member

Shame, then it will just be 2 sides with FALs shooting everything around them in the dark.
Old 2015-10-26, 06:13   #20
Ivancic1941

Will you be able to walk on ship when it is moving? AFAIK you cant walk on ships in BF2 engine because it will kill you. How did you solved this problem?

Tags
ask rhino a question, falklands, poxo is ghey, prf, prfalklands, question, team