project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2011-12-11, 18:26   #11
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map] Umm Qasr (4km) [WIP]

Water brakes up the uniformity of the map, giving you another scenery to fight in, and you dont need to put any statics in water, so you can save static count for other areas (though desert serves about the same purpose, so this is not that valid).

However, you are right with those choke points, and above all this is your map, so its up to you to decide what you want it like. I will look forward to it in PR

-lucky

lucky.BOY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 20:07   #12
Vista
PR Server License Administrator

Map looks good.

But if you are going to do INS, please consider lowering the assets, or (the option that I like to most ) balance it for the INS so that we can use the assets!!!
Vista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 10:09   #13
pr|Zer0

Assets loadout will NOT be entirely my call...if,on later stages, map is suitable for PR, dev team will have the final word on assets load...i think.
pr|Zer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 10:32   #14
pr|Zer0

Some SS's on Umm Qasr city area and?f course, ever present bunkers area

Last edited by pr|Zer0; 2012-01-06 at 10:49..
Old 2012-01-06, 12:01   #15
dtacs
Supporting Member

'Port Authority'
'Border Crossing'
'have no fucking clue'

lolol
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 13:42   #16
Xander[nl]
Supporting Member

I'll post this here as well so perhaps a dev could comment:

Quote:
Are the armies definitive? It might be really cool to switch to USMC (or keep Brits and just use an Essex) and have them assault from a carrier. Think of it as Muttrah and Jabal combined. MEC would have some spawn points in the city but without any supplies or assets. They'd have to try and hold out with what they've got as long as possible untill reinforcements arrive.

Once the initial assault is over and the Marines have secured the harbor, heavy assets could be made available in a main base (a landing zone on the beach). Kind of like the airfield flag for the Germans on Silent Eagle.

So after a first 20-40 minutes of air/sea borne assault, the real battle starts with both armies bringing in heavy armor (and/or air) support. This would make it a truly unique map, instead of 'just another one'.
If any of you played BF3's Kharg Island on Rush mode, you'll know what I mean and how awesome this could be.
*prays its possible*

Xander[nl] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 15:20   #17
ryan d ale

So far your map is very interesting.

I know it is still in early development but at the moment it looks like you intend to make the map smaller (lots of free space available).

Anyway, if you want a tip for the flag name... maybe industry or shipyard (with it being next to the docks).

Looks interesting if this can be completed.
ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 15:41   #18
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Looks nice, keep it going.

Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 16:51   #19
AK47 WARRIOR

OP Ya better put the Marines because The video That spush has posted feauteres us Marines fighting Iraqi Army forces & possible Fedayyen So i recommend you put MEC Too other than that keep it up
AK47 WARRIOR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 21:48   #20
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Some quick suggestions:
  • When placing walls (or fences, sidewalks, etc.), try to use the longest piece possible that fits. So instead of 5 x 10m wall sections to fit a 50m length, use 1 x 40m and 1x 10m.
  • Most of your ground textures look too large scale. Play around with the scale in the tweaker bar to make the stones smaller, etc.
  • Flat cities are easier to create, but it sure is nice to have some variation in elevations.
  • You grass looks so long that players may try to hide in it, not knowing that it doesn't render at distance so they can be seen by a vehicle or sniper 200m away.

Keep at it and don't feel rushed. You have to "feel" the area as you create it or else it will end up artificial.

AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
4km, map, qasr, qasr4, scrapped, umm, wip