project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2017-10-04, 13:03   #11
The_Turkish_Moose
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map] Farah (2km) [WIP]

Quote:
Looks good man! Always nice to see new maps being made!

BluFor will be carrier-based right?

And will this be AAS or will there be CNC and INS modes?
So I will be adding a US carrier in the top left of the map but I intend to have different AAS layers. There is a small US base in the south west of the map too so I intend to have the INF layer have the USMC start at that base in the SW corner pushing towards the Insurgent held peninsula. The other layer will see a coastal assault from the USMC pushing towards the Insurgent/ MEC occupied US base to the south west.

I would love to add a INS layer to the map but I would need to discuss this idea with the devs as there are no INS layers that are based in a carrier.

Last edited by The_Turkish_Moose; 2017-10-04 at 14:24..
Old 2017-10-04, 14:43   #12
FlyingR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Turkish_Moose View Post
So I will be adding a US carrier in the top left of the map but I intend to have different AAS layers. There is a small US base in the south west of the map too so I intend to have the INF layer have the USMC start at that base in the SW corner pushing towards the Insurgent held peninsula. The other layer will see a coastal assault from the USMC pushing towards the Insurgent/ MEC occupied US base to the south west.

I would love to add a INS layer to the map but I would need to discuss this idea with the devs as there are no INS layers that are based in a carrier.
Excellent! Well you could be the first
FlyingR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-04, 15:58   #13
The_Turkish_Moose
Supporting Member

Hey Rhino, I want to add the carrier but I'm a bit confused. It comes in pieces which is fine but there seems no simple way to put it together. I'm using the WASP pieces and copying the Z,X and Y axis doesn't seem to be working. Do I have to manually put this together?

The_Turkish_Moose is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-04, 16:12   #14
Ivancic1941

How about this,

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...ign-video.html

Nice looking minimap,like it!
Ivancic1941 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-04, 18:57   #15
The_Turkish_Moose
Supporting Member

Yeh I didn't actually try it with anchor - I'll give it a go

UPDATE: Carrier done

Last edited by The_Turkish_Moose; 2017-10-05 at 11:20..
Old 2017-10-04, 20:30   #16
Jabil_One
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Parkhouse doesn't fit.
Can you tell me which image you're talking about?
Farah Pensinsula Spoilers 1st Pic. It's the parkhhouse building on the northest point of Farah Peninsula. On the 1st Pic. it's the west'ish building. It doesn't fit with your whole City building layout.

A parkinhouse makes much more sense in the middle of the city, excample close to the hightower T-shape building but it would also ruin the whole picture of your map and that isn't my point. The building isn't a good choice. It's ugly.

I will not say dont use the parkhouse at all but when you already spend time with placing terrain covers, pavements etc. maybe you can make an underground parkhouse next to the hightower t-shape building.
Something like you going down the t-shape building stairs and there are also a stairway to a basement that is connected with a tunnel to the underground parkinghouse.
You have a parkhouse but it dont ruins the ambient of the city picture.
Making changes in an early stage of the map aren't so painfull as when the map is nearly finished.

And when i think about the gameplay of the map, where you can start an attack on a t-shape building by using a sneaky underground tactic. The team who occupy the hightower building would be forced to cover the building interiors, balconies and the basements.

For sure, this building is an infantry / FOB location magnet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Turkish_Moose View Post
So Rhino, about the pavements. I've done some pretty blasphemous stuff...

You could cover/hide the z-fighting or ugly looking blasphemic spots with the car wreck or the box left of it or maybe you re-think about other cosmetical cover objects in those pavement areas like a little bit DIRT undergrowth.
Jabil_One is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-04, 21:04   #17
The_Turkish_Moose
Supporting Member

Oh right the multi-story car park! On the tip of the peninsula, there is a TV broadcasting complex complete with tower, office and of course, staff car park. It may not be to everyone's taste but I like it! It will house the Insurgent main base for the AAS INF layer I plan to layout and also in the INS layer (most likely)

So it's not just one case with the pavements overlapping - it happens quite often. I try to avoid it where possible but sometimes a road is too long/ short and they have to overlap. I'm doing my best to add details to draw the attention away or cover it up so the player should never really see it fighting unless you look really hard for it at a distance.

Last edited by The_Turkish_Moose; 2017-10-05 at 11:20..
Old 2017-10-06, 15:24   #18
The_Turkish_Moose
Supporting Member

Quick bump - added a DL link to the current version for anyone that would like a closer, detailed look of the progress. Still much to do so don't think anything is final.

Download link is at the top of the initial post!

Last edited by The_Turkish_Moose; 2017-10-06 at 17:42..
Old 2017-10-11, 15:44   #19
The_Turkish_Moose
Supporting Member

I was going through the available road textures and came across the rubber matting that I've seen in the map Kashan Desert. What is it actually used for? I would love to add it to my US base but I'm not sure how to go around it?

ALSO

there's a lot of lovely road textures which would bring a lot of extra detail into the map (such as oil spills & sand e.c.t). Would this be performance friendly?

FINALLY

what helipad would you recommend I use?

PS

Is there a tractor I can add to the level?

Last edited by The_Turkish_Moose; 2017-10-11 at 16:31..
Old 2017-10-12, 05:37   #20
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I don't think there are any tractors in BF2, or even static ones. The only tractor I've ever come across is in FH2, but that's a WW2 era tractor .

Perhaps you could use a plough though, there's a modern one, which was part of one of the xpacks, so I think that's in the xpack folder. There's also a somewhat older plough, which is used in PR:WW2.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2km, farah, map, usmc, wip