project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion > PR:F Suggestions
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:F Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Old 2012-10-17, 09:46   #11
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Sugerencias Malvinas

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanDrago View Post
I'm not suggesting that they were of the soldiers, if not the kit of an officer, the photos are officers (lieutenants), I think an officer deve have night vision is very important
If you have hard evidence to support this I may consider it but it would give the Argentines a significant advantage ingame over the Brits if this was given as the SL would just spot targets, then put down an attack marker and the rest of the squad would just open up on that.

Quote:
One last question, I'm interested in the texture editing to help the Falklands mod, if you have a guide it agradesco ....
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...s-3ds-max.html

Not a very good source, probably best you post a new topic in the community modding forums asking for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
NVG's first brit use was with helicopter pilots I'm sure no fixed wing had them.
Ye, I know during the war their was a few chopper night sorties (such as the Raid on Pebble Island) which I'm guessing the pilots used NVGs for, dunno about the Harrier pilots or the Argentine pilots but haven't heard anything about any night sorties from fixed wings, although I would be tempted to add NVGs to all pilots, not only that we don't have separate chopper and fixed wing pilot kits, but also since its pretty much impossible to fly at night right now hehe.

Quote:
Dunno about Brit ground forces though I'd be suprised they just had to eat carrots (old WW2 joke).
hehe, no radar here, just carrots

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 14:10   #12
Igwaith

Wasn't a lot of NVG, maybe 1 or 2 over 120 men....
The exception was the IM (Marines) BIM5, they had:
There were 3 classes of NVG: for head ("Goggles"), for FAL ("Litton") and for machinegun 12,7 ("Mizza").
The Company of Machinegun 12,7 had the following numbers of NVG:
- 1a Seccion con el BIM 5: 3 NVG Mizza. 12,7 y 6 Googles
-2a Seccion (-) (Mte Longdon): 3 NVG Mizza. 12,7, 5 NVG Litton y 12
googles
-3a Seccion con el RI 25: 3 NVG Mizza 12,7, 2 NVG litton y 11 NVG googles

The GA4 (Grupo de Artilleria 4) had 6 Googles.

The RI7 had 3 googles, 1 per section (or company, the same), so... officers and guards only.

The RI4 only had observation googles, not fitted to aim. more or less 4 or 5.

The RI12 has no register of getting any NVG. they was in Pradera del Ganso (Goose Green)

And its more or less the same in all the EA companys, 1 per section (every RI was over 3 sections)

There was also, in the Apostadero Naval, one observation NVG, it was like a binocular with night vision.

There really are some mess over the night vision over the war, most of regular soldier only saw it "to look how it was like", was most used for Guardsmen and Officers to aim fire.
Igwaith is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 14:40   #13
IvanDrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
NVG's first brit use was with helicopter pilots I'm sure no fixed wing had them.

Dunno about Brit ground forces though I'd be suprised they just had to eat carrots (old WW2 joke).

jajajajaj....
IvanDrago is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 14:49   #14
IvanDrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igwaith View Post
Wasn't a lot of NVG, maybe 1 or 2 over 120 men....
The exception was the IM (Marines) BIM5, they had:
There were 3 classes of NVG: for head ("Goggles"), for FAL ("Litton") and for machinegun 12,7 ("Mizza").
The Company of Machinegun 12,7 had the following numbers of NVG:
- 1a Seccion con el BIM 5: 3 NVG Mizza. 12,7 y 6 Googles
-2a Seccion (-) (Mte Longdon): 3 NVG Mizza. 12,7, 5 NVG Litton y 12
googles
-3a Seccion con el RI 25: 3 NVG Mizza 12,7, 2 NVG litton y 11 NVG googles

The GA4 (Grupo de Artilleria 4) had 6 Googles.

The RI7 had 3 googles, 1 per section (or company, the same), so... officers and guards only.

The RI4 only had observation googles, not fitted to aim. more or less 4 or 5.

The RI12 has no register of getting any NVG. they was in Pradera del Ganso (Goose Green)

And its more or less the same in all the EA companys, 1 per section (every RI was over 3 sections)

There was also, in the Apostadero Naval, one observation NVG, it was like a binocular with night vision.

There really are some mess over the night vision over the war, most of regular soldier only saw it "to look how it was like", was most used for Guardsmen and Officers to aim fire.
gracias por la info

thanks for info
IvanDrago is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 20:10   #15
Ivan_PELOC

Do you mean a wooden stock FM FAL? While yes there where very few about, which where the old FM FALs, the majority of the FM FALs had plastic stocks.

Try and spot the wooden FM FALs out of these piles of Argentine weapons

Prisoners of war were conscripts few officers and the shooters of that time were not on the islands so you can not find the wood spoil in the mountain of FAL, They fought with children not with officers. With the uniforms theme it would be great if there were the real uniforms

Oficial:

Ivan_PELOC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-20, 21:17   #16
Rabbit

I am not entirely convinced the argies didnt just paint them black to look tacticool.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
malvinas, sugerencias