project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2009-04-23, 13:46   #11
Engineer

Default Re: "Look over there" markers.

If there isn't any confusion?

It doesn't need to be used if bullets are flying over your head, in that case it's already too late... I'd see this useful before the combat is taking place, not when actually while in a combat.
Engineer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 13:50   #12
richyrich55

Exactly.
richyrich55 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 16:41   #13
richyrich55

So is this possible with the BF2 engine?
richyrich55 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 22:39   #14
abbadon101
Supporting Member

+1

Great idea
abbadon101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 00:50   #15
nick20404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
If there isn't any confusion?

It doesn't need to be used if bullets are flying over your head, in that case it's already too late... I'd see this useful before the combat is taking place, not when actually while in a combat.
Than you would be paying attention and know where your Squad mates are looking and who is speaking, Put those 2 factors together and you will look in the same direction and hopefully see the humvee he is looking at. creating markers for each squad mate would just clutter up the screen and its less realistic, if anything the SL marker should be removed and be only visible on the mini map/field map.
nick20404 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 01:51   #16
llPANCHOll
PR Beta Testing Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick20404 View Post
IRL you can't place markers and it is just as hard to point out someone as it is in the game, so I say leave it to the squad leader, and next time just look in the direction he is talking about and you should be able to see his tracers.
YouTube - Generation Kill - Follow My Tracers

Like this??

The Idea is for squad members to be able to communicate positions which is difficult at best in game...

I like this Idea though I doubt it will ever be implemented.
To add to this Idea. I would say that the markers placed by SM's should be exactly like the Current SL 'Observe' marker which can be placed without any Audible. This would cut down on the 'SPAM' if it just made a marker appear without making any cute noise that they like to hear over and over and over..... like "There blowin us away!!" and "SHASHKA!!" (my personal favorite)
llPANCHOll is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 03:15   #17
TempesT
Supporting Member

I think small markers that don't last a long time would be good, although I don't know about the realism side of it. Plus it would cause a lot of visual clutter on screen.
TempesT is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 04:56   #18
Spuz36

I was considering bringing something like this up, but I was not sure if it was possible to do a marker for people other than the SL. (engine wise) Would be a good idea though.
Spuz36 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 16:28   #19
coxy52k

To stop the clutter maybe just one marker for all the SM. If someone places a new one the old one (no matter which SM placed it) dissapears.

Coxy
coxy52k is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 19:35   #20
llPANCHOll
PR Beta Testing Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy52k View Post
To stop the clutter maybe just one marker for all the SM. If someone places a new one the old one (no matter which SM placed it) dissapears.

Coxy
There you go!
llPANCHOll is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
look over there, markers