Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.0 Manual

Good!!!!!!!!
Old 2013-08-02, 10:57   #12
Murkey
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medal|2010 View Post
Can someone explain what an informant is? Is this a new feature?

"Insurgents and other irregular forces (except for the militia) do not have access to the UAV. They can
gain some intelligence on enemy troop movement by sending out informants.

This is simply done by
placing waypoints at the locations where you want the informants to head to. About 5 minutes after
placing a waypoint the informant will be on location and report if there are multiple enemies in his area
(6 or more). The reports take about 30 to 60 seconds to reach the commander and can be used to
determine where the opposition is approaching from"
The feature has been around for a while. If I had to guess I'd say 0.8 or 0.9. It's purely a commander intel feature. There are no sneaky insurgents with eye holes cut into newspapers watching bluefor movements :P

Old 2013-08-02, 11:01   #13
Medal|2010
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkey View Post
The feature has been around for a while. If I had to guess I'd say 0.8 or 0.9. It's purely a commander intel feature. There are no sneaky insurgents with eye holes cut into newspapers watching bluefor movements :P
I am aware of the waypoint part, what I don't get is the informant part that gives enemy positions away. The only use of waypoints I've seen is to mark out positions of previously destroyed caches. Not to locate enemies.
Old 2013-08-02, 11:10   #14
Heskey

Page 6 says...

"Deployment:
The main mode of play in PR:BF2. Here you will find intense battles with up to 64 human players."

Needs to be changed to 100?
Old 2013-08-02, 11:25   #15
Murkey
Supporting Member

Quote:
I am aware of the waypoint part, what I don't get is the informant part that gives enemy positions away. The only use of waypoints I've seen is to mark out positions of previously destroyed caches. Not to locate enemies.
Oh I see, from memory the waypoints can become overrun, similar to rally points.

I think it was 6 enemy within 50 or 100 meters and then after a delay the commander sees that the position is over run and can estimate where the enemy are coming from.

Old 2013-08-02, 11:26   #16
Medal|2010
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkey View Post
Oh I see, from memory the waypoints can become overrun, similar to rally points.

I think it was 6 enemy within 50 or 100 meters and then after a delay the commander sees that the position is over run and can estimate where the enemy are coming from.
I see, thanks.
Old 2013-08-02, 11:43   #17
Raklodder
Supporting Member

Thanks, sir! This is indeed an improvement over the previously (v0.95) three plus year old one.

Old 2013-08-02, 11:47   #18
PR0_SNIPE
Supporting Member

Had a good read!! Thanks for the manual.

You're hit and then hear the shot.
Old 2013-08-02, 12:41   #19
Felix

Quote:
Can someone explain what an informant is? Is this a new feature?

"Insurgents and other irregular forces (except for the militia) do not have access to the UAV. They can
gain some intelligence on enemy troop movement by sending out informants.

This is simply done by
placing waypoints at the locations where you want the informants to head to. About 5 minutes after
placing a waypoint the informant will be on location and report if there are multiple enemies in his area
(6 or more). The reports take about 30 to 60 seconds to reach the commander and can be used to
determine where the opposition is approaching from"
It's not a new feature, it's been there for a while but hasn't been used a lot. It's basically a UAV that you place somewhere (as taliban, insurgent or hamas) and it will tell you when a group of enemy players are near it (6 or more), you can place multiple of these. This feature might become usefull on the new 4km insurgency maps like burning sands.
Old 2013-08-02, 12:56   #20
Mauser GDog

Beautiful document, will make excellent throne room reading this weekend!
Closed Thread

Tags
manual, prbf2, v10