project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-01-05, 12:41   #11
ZaZZo

I "nadespam" everytime I'm in combat face-to-face if they run for cover behind rocks or the corners of buildings.
Fire a few rounds into him and then he runs for cover to heal.
I sure as hell ain't gonna risk being killed, and walk a mile to combat, while rushing a position with good cover (behind rocks, crates, building corners etc.) just because I didn't throw a nade.
Old 2008-01-05, 12:46   #12
bobfish

Must admit I have been guilty of this recently, nade spamming a known choke point or RP.

There isn't much else to do though, only a few kits can take out an RP with explosives, so the nades are needed for that task imo.
Old 2008-01-05, 12:52   #13
Kahuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfish View Post
Must admit I have been guilty of this recently, nade spamming a known choke point or RP.

There isn't much else to do though, only a few kits can take out an RP with explosives, so the nades are needed for that task imo.
Don't knives work anymore?
Old 2008-01-05, 12:53   #14
BeerHunter
Supporting Member

I find it's not the game/mod , it's the players.

They tend to be migrants from other FPS where points are garnered from kills rather than objectives/teamwork and little regard is given to their team mates.

Grenade spamming ruined some RO maps (another realism based game in case you didn't know)too. It was fruitless trying to leave spawn for the first objective right after the round started because it would be inundated with flying frags. No semblance of realism at all.

I hardly ever use them unless I'm sure I have a valid target and there are no friendlies in the vicinity that might get injured by them.

They aren't capable of blowing treads of tanks aka Hollywood but certainly capable of decimating anything within their blast radius.
Old 2008-01-05, 13:29   #15
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Guys, [R-DEV] Duckhunt said it best (he has RL military experience). 'Nade spam is nasty, but realisitic.

During his training basically they told him that when there's the possibility of enemy contacts in a confined area, the entire squad lob a grenade in - EACH. That's 8-10 grenades coming in at once, guys.

Yeah it sucks that someone can miss you with a rifle and grabs a grenade to finish you off before you land your (accurate) shots on him, but that's how it goes.

If you don't like getting grenaded:

1) Engage from beyond throwing range
2) When you're forced to close up (i.e.: attacking a flag), use YOUR grenades first
3) Don't bunch together with your squad - stay apart and have medics hang back a little
4) Don't stand immediately inside doorways. It's begging to have a grenade chucked at you.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Old 2008-01-05, 14:38   #16
Alex6714

My suggestion: Halve the amout of grenades of all soldiers and make them non reloadable, except from grenadier. Then people will value their grenades and not spam them.
Old 2008-01-05, 15:30   #17
daranz

I don't find nadespam annoying at all. It means that I can't get comfy behind cover, since, after all, I'm in battle, and the enemy can just throw a grenade in at any time. Such is modern combat, and you have to deal with it. Yeah, it sucks if you have a lot of grenades coming your way, but then, in real life a soldier is more expensive than a grenade, so you generally want to send the grenades first.

Personally, I almost never use grenades, mostly because I usually play medic, so even when I do have grenades when playing another kit, I forget all about them.
Old 2008-01-05, 16:05   #18
Leo

Puh-leez, stop bitching. If you constantly get killed by nades, alter your tactics. Don't run into a chokepoint and expect to be safe. Clear out from a distance (yes, even on CQB maps). Throw nades of your own, if you die from a nade, accept it and keep on playing. I can't think of one map where nade spam is a serious problem. Even in cramped maps like street you can outflank them or shoot them from a distance. Both gameplay and realism wise, nades are fine right now.

The whole point of a realism mod is to make the game tougher, and to make tactics a necessity. If you half the amount of nades, or make them non-reloadable, that's like bending over to the people that want to make all guns shoot nerfballs and for tanks to shoot beanie babies.
Last edited by Leo; 2008-01-05 at 16:10..
Old 2008-01-05, 16:05   #19
H1tman

i hope this dosnt get enforced as it is as close to real life as possible. and if you dont like getting fragged all the time learn to shoot to kill before the frags start flying.
Old 2008-01-05, 17:46   #20
S.P.C-[Reality]-

i totally agree with you wolfe. it's really sad to see such good maps turn into strike at karkand.

Tags
combat, infantry, nade, ruins, spam, tactical