project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-03-06, 00:03   #11
McBumLuv
Default Re: grenade spam?

I don't find grenades are spammed. Sometimes I'll see one coming in and I'll yell in mumble to GTFO, then run, usually still getting injured though. All the same, it would be nice to hear them hit the ground. Not that it would solve this "problem" of spamming, mainly because there is no problem.
Old 2009-03-06, 18:11   #12
frrankosuave

I don't feel 'nades are spammed. if a guy is tossing them from a cache/crate, so be it, that's his prerogative.

A louder sound for the chunk of metal would be nice. but it would have to be dependent on surface it hits. Sand not as loud as boards. could be problem...
Old 2009-03-23, 18:40   #13
Grasli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
maybe a louder noise when the grenade hits the ground would help
Yeah!
Hmn, I'm not sure but I believe even vBF2 have a louder sound for grenades hitting the ground around you than PR has. In vBF2 I clearly hear when a grenade lands close to me - I cant say I have done that in PR.. But as frrankosuave said, it should differ a little from what surface it hits though. I assume it already does in both PR and vBF2, but the sound could be louder in PR..
Old 2009-03-23, 19:35   #14
Tomato-Rifle

When i hear some guy pull the pin, i immediately run out of wherever i am and shoot the guy while he has the grenade out so that he is an easy kill. And i really dont see grenade spam going on much. And i hear grenades hitting the ground just fine..
Old 2009-03-23, 20:46   #15
Cptkanito

i chased a guy throwing a smoke grenade, but he couldn't switch to his main weapon quick enough...
Old 2009-03-23, 23:09   #16
nick20404

No such thing as grenade spam, that is like saying "omg stop bullet spamming us!". All is fair in war and in reality if I had a bag full of nades and I was on a enemy position I sure would spam them.
Old 2009-03-24, 06:35   #17
socomseal45

The only time I've ever experience major nade spam in PR was Asad Khal. Grenade spam seems regular on that map at certain points.
Old 2009-03-24, 08:26   #18
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I choose the nade over the bullet if its safer

asad kahl isn't the main culprit tough, its OGT or Tad Sae when you can't see anything but they are shooting at you

Old 2009-03-24, 08:42   #19
White Rock

Noooo, nades are the riflemans only good feature. Without it he's just an walking ammobag with a scope.

A 4 nade barage can be annoying, but it quickly ends there after the they run out of them. Nades are intergral to close combat, please don't nerf.
Old 2009-03-28, 04:33   #20
Cobhris

There's no nade spam, unless a squad decides that you're too well entrenched. Then they will launch a coordinated grenade barrage from multiple men to flush you out, which is nothing like the BF2 spam: "Frag out! Frag out! Frag out! Frag out!" *BOOM!* --> Killcount doubled plus 2 teamkills. Personally, I find that people don't use grenades enough. When clearing a building full of enemies, I tell people to first toss grenades in and THEN move in. But instead they just run in guns blazing and we end up with people unnecessarily dead.

Tags
grenade, spam