project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-11-21, 06:53   #11
0331SgtSpyUSMC
Supporting Member

Default Re: Muttrah Sniping Guide

Good post. I have to agree with Doc here, most of the time sniper is left on his own. Even when you try to play as a part of the team, very seldom that anyone actually listens to enemy location reports. A good sniper can most of the time if not stop then definitely slow opposite force down by a great deal. I once held 2 sqds from advancing, allowing my team to flank and overrun them. However, when you do have a good commander as well as descent SL's, a sniper becomes a very valuable intel provider. Nothing is better than executing a well coordinated air strike on enemy FOB and saving cobra by taking out an AA gunner moments before. As for joining a sq just to get a sniper kit, I've done it so is 90 % of PR community have. I'm sure of it. I think there is nothing wrong with allowing 2 sniper kit to be requested in the same sq, because this is how they end up most of the time anyways.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.If you can't eat it or hump it. Piss on it and walk away

0331SgtSpyUSMC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 10:01   #12
Nick_Gunar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorManhattan View Post
@Nick

Yes I had assumed that as well before I went off 3 months ago. However rest assured that it is OK to use those few spots. Reason being there are a lot more influx of new players into the game. They have zero idea what to do the first time they are under sniper fire. Also they do not know where to look.
To be honest, I think your post is great really but I didn't make myself clear enough ^^.
The only problem is that every "sniper hunters" (myself included lol) visiting this thread know the common used positions for new snipers in PR, you see?

I watch all the times for mountains, hotel roof, water tower in muttrah and now I have discovered more spots
Nick_Gunar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 12:32   #13
Winstonkalkaros

Basic requirements of PR Sniper:

- You have trained in single player or training server.

- You have a spotter to work with you (Not always necessary in short ranges)

- You have you SL's permission to play as sniper.
Winstonkalkaros is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 00:19   #14
PFCWashburn

None of you know the true spot to snipe from in Muttrah...
PFCWashburn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 16:13   #15
Limitbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0331SgtSpyUSMC View Post
As for joining a sq just to get a sniper kit, I've done it so is 90 % of PR community have. I'm sure of it.
So I ask you, is it okay? I mean to solo as sniper.

To be honest I don't have any friends playing PR and I doubt anyone of them would like to play "the worse" role (spotter), same as most people in DotA want to play carries instead of supports.

I've been always refraining myself from taking Sniper kits to solo because I always heard how bad and wrong it is. And I just couldn't force myself to be such an asshole.

Now I ain't sure if it'd make me an asshole though.
Limitbreaker is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
guide, muttrah, sniping