project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2011-02-18, 15:16   #11
cyberzomby
Default Re: Project Reality Tactical Casualty Care

Press 9 for the field dressing if its not in your kit selection menu. As blufor you always have a dressing. Wether you can see it in the menu or not.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 15:16   #12
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Always try 9, everyone has em I fink.
Last edited by PLODDITHANLEY; 2011-02-18 at 15:17.. Reason: ninja'd
Old 2011-02-18, 16:02   #13
SoB-Rindee

Thank you. I see it in the US Army kit all the time, but never in the Marine kit. Ill make sure to check it out next time Im in.
SoB-Rindee is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 05:10   #14
Cavazos

Thank you everyone, I appreciate the kind remarks. I'm glad it is very useful for you. I'm surprised it made a bump back from 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tte.oteo View Post
once of the best guides i seen, all players must start playing like a medics them PR life.
I happen to be a medic, so I used some experience from there to help my writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beginna View Post
excellent guide.

I really try to play according to the manual.

got quite good response from SL & squadmates.
I'm glad you think my list is good enough for you to try to play by my guide. Most of it was second nature to me that i've developed through countless hours of playing PR as a medic, however I still had forget to do all the steps when I played actively.

This is just me listing everything I would do that is useful in a logical sort of list that anyone can follow and help me remember everything I would need to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
I got the impression I was reading a military manual until this:

Quote:
There are times when players are dead and do not tell the medic.

OFC it's PR but made me laugh.
Yea, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberzomby
Good guide although might take it a bit far for PR (its still a game). Well written and marked up and theres good tips in there.

One thing I do not agree with:
Quote:
Quote:
is to either smoke your position that also covers friendly bodies as well as much as possible and resuscitate as many squad mates as you can.
Doing that will invite grenades (launched or thrown) or LATs and even HATs (or TOWS) to be fired in to it. Smoke out the area between you and the enemy to make it harder for them to get lucky.
Your quote is off, I didn't say that, although I didn't specify the exact situation when you throw smokes. In my experience, anytime I threw a smoke the body is usually away from the main squad. If i'm with the squad, I am covered and concealed because the other squad mates are on the perimeter protecting me and the downed buddy so I never throw a smoke if me and the body are both in cover already.

I throw a smoke to provide cover where there is none. This can happen when a buddy is out there separated from the squad. Sometimes the body will be in cover, but if i'm away from the squad, I still like smoke for insurance.

The only time I would throw a smoke in the middle of the squad is when we are on a road and the downed buddy is in the middle of the street. I do this because the smoke will be in the open road where any of your squad mates should not be if they practice basic tactical principles.

Even though the squad may be on both sides of the street covering me, it doesn't mean i'm safe in the middle of the road. I'm glad you brought it up though, so me and you could clear that point out and others don't just throw smoke in the middle of their squad.
Cavazos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 09:08   #15
cyberzomby

exactly :P I used to do it as well but learned the hard way.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
care, casualty, project, reality, tactical