project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.4 Feedback Forum
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2006-07-03, 00:31   #11
luizinhuu

type "renderer.drawfps 1" on console and you'll get your fps on the top left of the screen

16 version on the city would be very nice, but try to include a bridge on the 16 version maybe.. i think it'd be interesting
Old 2006-07-03, 03:53   #12
the_godfather

Great map, the best custom map ever seen out htere adding some fog would be good. actually, the map is only playable with high end computers, so reducing the visibility very slightly would be excellent. Can't say nothing about gameplay, there were only 4 players online yesterday
Old 2006-07-03, 10:57   #13
da.SPAWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer
The major problem was FPS, and i missed important stuff of gameplay because there wasnt AAS. Some players said there is too many flags.

-Maybe factoryports or construction site could be removed as well as river village or critical bridge.
Removing some flags would be a good idea a big map does not neccecary needs much flags, set the rest of the flags to strategic buildings.

Quote:
-Im so noob that i dont even know how to see my FPS in game, could someone tell me? I would test difference between newest sky/lighning settings and sky/lightning settings of the test version of map. In new version fog is about 300 metres away and there is very very transparent fog 1-300metres.. in test version the fog was 600 metres away and there wasnt any fog close. Would like to test difference of FPS between those 2 sky settings.
even on my 7900GTX i lost compared to vanilla maps a lot of frames, about 40-50%.
if you have a new version or settings PM me i would like to test.

Quote:
-For 16players mode maybe it could be made so that battle is only in city area ? from rivervillage-hillvillage-frontline-constructionsite-factory ?

Quote:
-I think im gonna remove some of vechiles and make spawn times longer, maybe 15-25minutes for heavy vechiles and for light vechiles 10-15minutes, there is lots of vechiles atm and i think infantry fighting is better?
this is not a good idea if i remember right eggman has posted some guidelines for vehicle respawn times but such a long time you proposed is verry bad.
Old 2006-07-03, 12:50   #14
Deer

I just finished deleting A LOT of misc stuff, many many plants, some trees, a lot of small objects like barrels boxes and stuff. Also i deleted about 80% of destroyable objects, i guess those eats a lot of memory, there was shitloads of those before but now there is "normal" amount means about 20-30 (before about 100+) Dunno how many objects i deleted but it was hundreds. However map didnt change so much even there is a lot less small stuff.

Not gonna change spawn times of vechiles but i deleted many of those.
-US lost 2/3 light cars, 2/3 tanks, 1/1 AA vechile.
-Neutral area lost 3/3 cars and 1/1 helo(helo at TV house)(so basicly all vechiles but boats)
-MEC bases lost 2/3 light cars, 3/6 heavy cars, 1/3 tank, 1/3 ABC
-Moved one of hillvilage boats to river village also added somekind of boathouse object to rivervillage.
-USMC vechile spawn times are a bit faster and they have infantry flag at rivervillage.
-Maybe deleting tank from Mountain base ?

Also in new sky settings there is fog 240 metres away, and very very transparent fog 1-240 metres. I think FPS problem is pretty much solved, gonna still keep deleting some most useless misc objects but to know exactly it would need another test to be sure.. (new sky is not the SaK sky).

Currently thinking about removing flags, which flags and how exactly those would be changed. Critical bridge would be one, and construction site or factory ports.
Last edited by Deer; 2006-07-03 at 13:01..
Old 2006-07-03, 16:43   #15
luizinhuu

this is weird, i have a poor ati 9600pro 256mb and just 512 of ram and the map ran fine here!
deleting somethings is ok, just don't make the map too CLEAN.. it's a war for god's sake

objects on the roads as cover is very nice, as some concrete ones i observed on one of the bridges
Old 2006-07-03, 17:08   #16
Deer

That is really wierd hmm, maybe all the lag was because of ping ? not FPS...

Well stuff i deleted doesnt really make anykind of difference to gameplay or outlook of the map

One thing totaly blow my brains, the map testing changed low detail texture for all maps in my computer, at least all those which i have been playing after it. Even the new version of dusk storm low detail texture changed in editor and in game even that map is in BF2 folder, not in PR folder. I noticed this already when i joined test server, and my map was running while i joined( i think i was a bit late or you started earlier) it had totaly different low detail texture for mountain textures than i remembered.... How could i fix it and avoid this happening again ?????? im totaly confused
Old 2006-07-03, 18:01   #17
da.SPAWN

here are my settings which gave me about 40-50FPS and i got these values even if i start my own server. so i donĀ“t think it comes all by ping. the changes sounds promising, any chance to hands on the new version?

Code:
VideoSettings.setTerrainQuality 3
VideoSettings.setGeometryQuality 3
VideoSettings.setLightingQuality 3
VideoSettings.setDynamicLightingQuality 3
VideoSettings.setDynamicShadowsQuality 2
VideoSettings.setEffectsQuality 3
VideoSettings.setTextureQuality 3
VideoSettings.setTextureFilteringQuality 1
VideoSettings.setResolution 1280x960@85Hz
VideoSettings.setAntialiasing Off
VideoSettings.setViewDistanceScale 1
VideoSettings.setVideoOptionScheme 3
AA is set to 4SS & Texture Filtering to 8 by nHancer (cool Tool for nVidia Cards)
Old 2006-07-21, 21:30   #18
Deer

Hello everyone

Hoping that this map would be in next patch if its good enough for the mod, so ill be finishing it coming days.

Gotta say that making a good lightning settings for map is very hard but finaly got those settings done and im happy with result

Now there is just few things that needs to be done:

- Final thinking about how many vechiles and spawn times.
- Medium or high quality shadows only for objects which looks crappy with low quality shadows (all crates and walls, bridges and construction buildings)
- Different versions for 16,32,64 game modes.

Those are all pretty small stuff, can be done in 1-2 days but there is 1 huge thing that is missing, and im afraid i cannot do it. Its more detailed painting of terrain and adding grass on grass textures.. My computer cannot handle map longer than 5minutes in detail texture mode so i would need to paint all that half blindly, instead im trying to replace current sand texture with something else.
Old 2006-07-29, 12:04   #19
Deer

Ok its 99,9% done now

I made 16players mode as planned: Rivervillage-Hillvillage-Frontline-Constructionsite-Factory And linked "Factoryports" flag machine guns to "Factory" flag so those are in 16players mode as well.

I surprised myself with the outlook of the map, looks really nice now even further terrain texture painting is missing. Gonna post screenshots very soon to comminity mapping thread.

Hopefully Dev team and players like it and it would be added to next patch, i PM Dev team with download link to hear their thought about map.

Just gotta edit AAS flag capture order and few textdocumets of flag names and that kind small things so if Dev's accept map into game they can just copy paste AAS settings what i will write now, instead of taking their time for doing it.

And for 32players mode, making it so that its same as 64 players mode but:

- Mec has all the flags at start except rivervillage.
- Once MEC loses any of those flags, they cannot recapture it.
- This way forcing MEC to defend only and US focuse to attacking. (Up to server admins which player mode they want to use ofc
Old 2006-09-08, 17:14   #20
composition4

love this map and really hope it makes it into the mod. I can definately see it becoming bigger than muttrah

Tags
aka, dusk, feedback, mountains, storm, thread