project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2011-11-07, 17:34   #11
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Default Re: PR Guide: Tips & Tricks

Excellent guide, Onil! I might have some ideas for things to add later, don't have the time now, but anyway, this is great stuff, thank you!

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2011-11-07, 18:37   #12
splatters

I've had the chance to play with Onil, curry and the rest a few times and I'm pleased to say that they actually follow the advices in this guide very well - writing a guide is one thing, following your own advice is another. Well done!
splatters is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 19:44   #13
Tarranauha200

Its not beginners guide, but not advanced either. Good to read after you handle the basics.
Btw I would add that you can build razorwires way faster with wrecnh that comes with engineer kit and also repairs AA cannons with it.
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 20:37   #14
Onil
PR Tournament Management

Yeah that's also a good tip. Thanks for reminding me of it.
Onil is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 20:54   #15
Agemman

Pro man, pro.

If only people would pick up 10% of all in there we would see a great rise in skill levels for a lot of pubbers.
Agemman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 21:39   #16
tankninja1

Good Armor Tips
1. Hills can be a great advantage fire your shot/shots then move behind the hill on the reload

2. Western tanks like the Leopard 2, Challenger 2, and Abrams have stronger armor so stick to wide open areas, Russian and Chinese tanks tend to have weaker armor so stick to the hills and mountians they decrease attack range and provide cover

3. If you have a good gunner stick to flat surfaces if the gunner knows how to properly lead you make a hard target for enemies but keep the ability to kill

4. Drivers youre in charge of survival of the crew and apc/tank if you dont like it dont do it

5. All troops need to communicate well, both within the armored squad and outside of them, more friendly tanks are killed from know but unreported danger than any other way

6. Never expose your rear, sounds obvious but many drivers make the mistake of turning around when under fire killing the tank second shot when you run move to the closest safe positon ethier by reversing or moving forward, just dont charge the enemy

7. The path least taken is the safest

8. If your goal is to kill a tank/tanks the ambush is the best way

9. When going over a hill drivers use your secondary sight (2 key) not only does it usually have thermals ( T key) but its on the very top of the tank allowing you to see over the hill exposing little of yourself

10. Stealth is key anytime you engage enemy infantry/armor you will be reported by the other team, so you will want to change your position asap to a better defensive position or ambush position if you want to kill the reinforcements

11. If you are hit RTB no matter how small the hit you want to keep as much health as you can in case you have to engage a tank, unless you are in a tank vs. insurgents then you only have to RTB after taking medium/heavy damage

*General rule watch for mine markers. Mines kill about 4 friendlies to 1 enemy and the enemy doesn't even have them on thier maps*
Last edited by tankninja1; 2011-11-08 at 02:34..
Old 2011-11-08, 00:51   #17
niho

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankninja1 View Post
Good Armor Tips

2. Western tanks like the Leopard 2, Challenger 2, and Abrams have stronger armor so stick to wide open areas, Russian and Chinese tank tend to have weaker armor so stick to the hills and mountians they decrease attack range and provide cover
Do you have proof for that or is this just your personal impression?

Because I still don't have a clue how the tank damage system works in PR, would be nice if this turns out to be true
niho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:38   #18
tankninja1

Generally it is true, take for example Kashan desert T-72 vs. Abrams, Abrams can kill T-72 with one, unlucky, two shots in the frontal armor if the T-72 shots the Abrams in the side it takes 3 shots. From my other expirences with the other Western tanks, this is also true. Unless I and tank squads ive lead have lust been lucky??
P.S. I've proven these tactics in game with a good track record normally getting killed by beging outnumbered, taken down by CAS, or killed by HATs or TOWs. If I have a good gunner or driver I can go 3 armor kills to 1 death or better. On maps where there is no armor vs. armor ive never lost a tank, and only lost a few apcs
tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 03:30   #19
Silly_Savage

Pure genius.

There are some things covered that even I wasn't aware of. I'm glad you managed to get all of the footage necessary despite previous setbacks.

Silly_Savage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 08:03   #20
Onil
PR Tournament Management

Thanks for the feedback and opinions.

I have tried not to go into too much detail in one specific role as I wanted the guide to be more general and not too big (which it will always end up being). So I might add some of your tips but probably not all.

As some already said, I wanted to have basic tips for new players as well as more advanced ones for the veterans. It is nice to know that even a lead tester found some new stuff in there. Thanks for that Silly_Savage
Onil is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
guide, tips, tricks