project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion > PR:F Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:F Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Old 2017-04-23, 23:10   #11
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: A-4 y Uniformes

Well that last picture is of prisoners so you wouldn't see any weapons on them at all

As far as I know, and from what wiki also says after just checking it, Goose Green was defended by a mix of regular/elite units and conscript units:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle...rder_of_battle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle...inian_defences
Quote:
On paper Piaggi had a full regiment, but it consisted of units from three separate regiments from two different brigades, none of whom had ever worked together. IR12 consisted mostly of conscripts from the northern, sub-tropical province of Corrientes, while the IR25 Company was considered an elite formation and well-led. At the start of the battle, the Argentinian forces had about the same number of effective combatants as the British paratroopers.[31] Some elements were well-trained and displayed a high degree of morale and motivation (Company C IR25 and 25 Signal company); one of their officers remarking that: "...we are going to defend something that is ours."[31] Other companies were less well motivated, with the 12th Regiment chaplain, Santiago Mora writing:
Quote:
"The conscripts of 25th Infantry wanted to fight and cover themselves in glory. The conscripts of 12th Infantry Regiment fought because they were told to do so. This did not make them any less brave. On the whole, they remained admirably calm."
And even with conscripts making up a large portion of the Argentine forces, I still haven't see any hard evidence they didn't have any grenades and then even if they didn't and as said before, wouldn't be good for gameplay without at least some kind of asymmetrical balance in other ways.

You are also aware that Goose Green isn't the only map with the Falkland factions on it? There is also the main "The Falklands" map that represents the entire conflict

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-25, 01:18   #12
Ivan_PELOC

Español: mucha informacion erronea tienen, Los regimientos en esa epoca eran llenados con conscriptos, la unica fuerza elite argentina son los comandos, los conscriptos no estaban entrenados para usar granadas ya que su entrenamiento fue basico, en los posos de zorros eran 2 conscriptos y 1 suboficial, no me lo conto wikipedia me lo contaron veteranos de malvinas hoy retirados, servi como soldado voluntario del ejercito, se lo que paso en malvinas pero esta bien tiene razon se pierde el equilibrio, pero alos uniformes estaria bueno hacerlos como fueron, no busques en google fotos de soldados argentinos en malvinas, la revista gente sacaba fotos desde el continente no desde las islas. los soldados se la pasaban las 24 hs en los posos no dejaban sacar fotos escondian lo malo de la guerra, Lo dijo el Gral Menendez Gobernador Argentino en Malvinas Gracias por leer y espero que porlomenos escuchen mi pedido de los uniformes, seria genial darle mas realismo a como fue la guerra en verdad.

English:
The regiments at that time were filled with conscripts, the only elite Argentine force are the commandos, the conscripts were not trained to use grenades since their training was basic, in the fox grounds were 2 conscripts and 1 petty officer , I did not tell him wikipedia I was told by veterans of falconry today retired, I served as a volunteer soldier of the army, I know what happened in fallows but this is right is lost balance, but the uniforms would be good to make them as they were, do not look in Google photos of Argentine soldiers in Falkland Islands, people magazine took pictures from the continent not from the islands. The soldiers spent the 24 hours in the grounds did not let them take photos hiding the bad of the war, said the Gral Menendez Argentine Governor in Malvinas Thank you for reading and I hope that at least listen to my request for uniforms, it would be great to give it more realism As was the war in truth.

Varios Argentinos y Latinos ( Menos Chilenos ) estarán contentos del Cambio
Ivan_PELOC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-25, 02:42   #13
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Cheers for the info, might look at removing some grenades from the basic kits in the future but only if we can balance things in other ways with like something like Rifle Grenades for the Argentine Grenadier.

As for the uniforms, they are reskins and edits of the MEC Soldier models with US:Vietnam kit geoms stuck on them and we don't have the recourses to rework the textures right now, let alone make brand new soldier models or kit geoms. I also think given what we have, they represent the 1982 Argentine forces pretty well, in some cases better than the kit some of our other factions are using but your more than welcome to have a go at tweaking their textures or making some new models for them if you wish

Cheers!

Old 2017-04-25, 05:24   #14
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

As much as we like to follow realism, sometimes gameplay > realism and so we hand out grenades for free.
It'd be pretty meh if one side has grenades and the other (almost) doesn't.

But as Rhino points out, we could remove some here and there, but only if we can balance it properly.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-25, 10:16   #15
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

but argentines has full auto and that makes quite a difference in cqb

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-25, 21:08   #16
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Ye but not enough on its own to justify the removal of grenades from the common kits and that is balanced in a few areas like the Brits have better SMG and LMG and getting an ATGM where the Argies only have an RR etc.

Old 2017-04-25, 21:48   #17
FlyingR

Ivan, I'm glad you're sharing all of that with us since most of the people here, including me, had no idea. But you have to understand that this mod is basically done by Rhino, so to speak. He has other stuff to focus on (like the Frigate, hurry the hell up Rhino! ). This may be a reason why the uniform change might be done much much later or might not be done at all. Of course it would be better to have the uniform changes, Pucara, etc. but there's just not enough manpower/resources to do it.

As for the grenades, I say keep them. This is not a complete realistic or historical accurate game, this is mainly a game that focuses on teamwork while trying it to make you feel like it's realistic and at the same time trying to achieve balance for the sake of fun.
FlyingR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-25, 23:21   #18
Ivan_PELOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
your more than welcome to have a go at tweaking their textures or making some new models for them if you wish

Cheers!

I would love to help with touch up things I just need a tutorial and programs
Ivan_PELOC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-26, 01:43   #19
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingR View Post
But you have to understand that this mod is basically done by Rhino, so to speak. He has other stuff to focus on (like the Frigate, hurry the hell up Rhino! ).
I know what you mean FR but just to clarify, most of the work for PR:F hasn't been done by me alone, I've just headed up the team and directed it etc. The Argie Soldier textures were totally done by Spush, Brit ones by CTRifle, A-1H reskin by Specter and while I helped finish off the Bren gun, {ZW}C-LOKE did the bulk of the modeling work and Sabre-Oz did its textures. List goes on and on, only a few things were totally done by me and even the Falklands map Dr Rank helped me out with placing some statics on it hehe.

But yes I do have lots of other things to do, like the Frigate which hopefully will be done "Soon (tm)"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingR View Post
As for the grenades, I say keep them. This is not a complete realistic or historical accurate game, this is mainly a game that focuses on teamwork while trying it to make you feel like it's realistic and at the same time trying to achieve balance for the sake of fun.
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan_PELOC View Post
I would love to help with touch up things I just need a tutorial and programs
LMGTFY

Old 2017-04-26, 18:14   #20
Lukas_17_cab

don't worry rhino,all the mod its okey. i never see this guy IVAN in game.
Lukas_17_cab is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
uniformes