project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2022-01-04, 10:39   #11
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Project Reality: BF2 v1.7 Released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloWing View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzfLvzn2_Sc

In my opinion, the modern FCS system is still not sufficiently portrayed. Can we expect this level of FCS in the near future?
I'm sure this comment won't at all annoy those that know how much effort went into getting FCS into the game.

But yes more work is planned on FCS for vehicles.

Old 2022-01-04, 15:52   #12
SoloWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
That system had the turret locking onto a laser marker that was attached directly to the enemy tank like they had in vBF2 or how heat targets are attached to aircraft for missiles to lock onto them. This has many issues of but the biggest issue is that since the BF2 engine is only limited to two types of target object you can attach to vehicles/projectiles (Heat and Laser targets), it would mean air to ground weapons like LGBs would automatically lock onto enemy tanks and other vehicles without the need for someone to lase the target from the ground.

Also at the end of the video in the OP it is shown how our FCS is planned to be improved in the future.
Understood. So, designing an effective gun control system while the tanks or APCs move in the BF2 engine is more difficult than I thought and it should be realized in a different way than what is presented in the video I linked. :q
Last edited by SoloWing; 2022-01-04 at 15:59..
Old 2022-01-04, 17:17   #13
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

If it was easy, it would've been implemented long ago. Threads for FCS, Fast Ropes, Dragging Wounded players, removing the seat limit and a bunch of others have existed basically since the forum was opened up, and a couple of these tough nuts Mats and Alon were able to crack in the past few years.

We're versed enough in military hardware to know we're not there quite yet, but we also know that overcommitting to getting an aspect of an otherwise ready feature(in this case the stabiliser aspect of modern FCS) done would've meant pushing the release date back an as of yet unknown amount of time. We're not asking for your patience to lead you on endlessly only to not deliver, or because we're maliciously keeping things hidden from you, but because we'd like to make sure it works far more often than it does not.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Old 2022-01-05, 13:24   #14
anantdeathhawk

Devs will figure out how to change the types of targets as well. Someday. They get shit done. Marvelous. I agree with Frontliner.
Old 2022-01-07, 14:14   #15
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Congratulations on another epic release, team! I was playing the new version for a while last night, Fields of Kassel, what a gem . Really enjoyed the heavy sounds of tanks, the Garand firing sound, planes flying over, dog fights, AA-trucks, good teamwork. I had a blast!

Does anyone know if there are "Historical" servers, that play WW2, Vietnam and Falklands often? Or events? I could really use a frequent dose of historical combat, gets me going more than modern combat .

Old 2022-01-07, 14:41   #16
ProjectKebab

The shells being affected by gravity is a much-needed add, it raises the skill level and makes it harder to hit coppers.

The ww2 planes is just a wet dream.

Thanks PR team.
Old 2022-01-07, 20:51   #17
robert357

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterDune View Post
Does anyone know if there are "Historical" servers, that play WW2, Vietnam and Falklands often? Or events? I could really use a frequent dose of historical combat, gets me going more than modern combat .
Unfortunately there are no dedicated servers for WW2 and Vietnam maps (which I would like to see too). However I've seen events from time to time.
Old 2022-01-08, 15:51   #18
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
If it was easy, it would've been implemented long ago. Threads for FCS, Fast Ropes, Dragging Wounded players, removing the seat limit and a bunch of others have existed basically since the forum was opened up, and a couple of these tough nuts Mats and Alon were able to crack in the past few years.

We're versed enough in military hardware to know we're not there quite yet, but we also know that overcommitting to getting an aspect of an otherwise ready feature(in this case the stabiliser aspect of modern FCS) done would've meant pushing the release date back an as of yet unknown amount of time. We're not asking for your patience to lead you on endlessly only to not deliver, or because we're maliciously keeping things hidden from you, but because we'd like to make sure it works far more often than it does not.
Thank you! Said more than should need to be said. Keep doing what you're doing, ignore the haters and impatient gimme's. Cheers to the Dev team for your recent work on these updates!

Old 2022-01-11, 19:32   #19
EnermaX

This is actually mindblowing. Now Squad's only "advantages" are graphics and audio.

Great job.
Old 2022-01-12, 12:34   #20
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post

I don't even think we need all the high tech most vehicles have nowadays. IRL they are not designed for a fair fight anyway, they're designed to win but in PR, if everything gets automated: 1. where's the fun in that? 2. vehicle engagements will be basically press button to lock then hold left click

Unlike the ballistics and rangefinder that do add some complexity and will require some player skill to master and take advantage of, target tracking might be on the other end of this spectrum

In-game: Cobra-PR
Closed Thread