project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-11, 05:40   #11
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

keep in mind there's a bug in BF2 that can cause friendlies to appear "red". It also causes you to get TK scores when you shoot enemies.

http://bf2.fun-o-matic.org/index.php..._appearing_Red

While I *doubt* that's it.... don't want to be too damning to what might have been an unintentional situation.

I believe you can set # TKs before kick in BF2 server admin. I would guess Fritz has never set that up because it's never been an issue.

Don't get me wrong I'm with you guys.... I bailed on vanilla BF2 (aside from a couple of known good servers) because I just couldn't deal with the l337 5N1p3r5 wh0 t34m k1LL j00!

egg
Old 2006-01-11, 07:45   #12
Maj.b00bz

LJ, If your story is true then it looks like he was just greifing for the fun of it. In a game that normally has 6-10 players at the most per side, this kind of activity utterly ruins game play.

With a -28 score why wasn't he auto kicked? As suggested, send in your screnie. Let the WH admin ban him. If he disagrees he can email them himself and provide an explaination. Who knows, maybe he was drunk, supremely confused and though he was on the other side? Doubtful but hey I am a fair guy.

**Hey eggman, you're not the eggman from WWIIOL are you?
Old 2006-01-11, 08:57   #13
Hitperson
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggman
keep in mind there's a bug in BF2 that can cause friendlies to appear "red". It also causes you to get TK scores when you shoot enemies.

http://bf2.fun-o-matic.org/index.php..._appearing_Red

While I *doubt* that's it.... don't want to be too damning to what might have been an unintentional situation.

I believe you can set # TKs before kick in BF2 server admin. I would guess Fritz has never set that up because it's never been an issue.

Don't get me wrong I'm with you guys.... I bailed on vanilla BF2 (aside from a couple of known good servers) because I just couldn't deal with the l337 5N1p3r5 wh0 t34m k1LL j00!

egg

With PR basically removing the name tags this will not be a problem as you have to recognise friends/enimies

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Old 2006-01-11, 17:19   #14
Hot Tub Man #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj.b00bz
With a -28 score why wasn't he auto kicked?
I was on that server playing that round, and I do remember seeing him being autokicked and banned eventually. So, Gloryhoundz is working in regards to autokicking, it just couldn't do it soon enough.
Old 2006-01-11, 21:03   #15
lonelyjew

Very good to hear, my game must have crashed right before he was kicked.
Old 2006-01-12, 00:48   #16
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

We need global FF kill messages.

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

Old 2006-01-12, 08:05   #17
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj.b00bz
**Hey eggman, you're not the eggman from WWIIOL are you?
lol .. hehe.... yes I am

egg
Old 2006-01-12, 11:24   #18
Maj.b00bz

Ha ha!!! Too funny. We'll have to take that subject up offline. I'd love to hear your opinions on it.

I was Soldat16 in WWIIOL. My current title was actually a joke that went horribly astray.
Old 2006-01-13, 09:49   #19
[BiM]Black7

Well the other day on gloryhoundz i did some teamkilling mostly becuz i dident see any name tags and was in a APC miles away..

but also one that was intended on a guy playing a medic that dident heal others.. stod 2m from him calling for medic what do he do he just run pass me and ignores me.. WTF is up with that so i got irritated and though if i bleed he should bleed and feel how fucking anoying it is.. and i killed him oops..
Old 2006-01-13, 11:25   #20
Harven

Treason is punishable by death!
Closed Thread

Tags
killers, project, reality, team, tolarate