project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Coop & Singleplayer
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Coop & Singleplayer Suggestions and feedback pertaining to Project Reality Single Player.

Old 2019-07-30, 15:40   #11
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Please add SP option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Z Freeman View Post
Is there some advantage or difference of the "SP" mode over the usual Coop mode ?
Yes, teams are split even regardless of bot number unlike gpm_coop with the 48 bots on team1 limit. But the thing to do here is to fix that limit, not reintroduce a half-functioning remnant of BF1942 which is what SP in BF2 was.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-30, 16:36   #12
[R-CON]​Fastjack
PR:BF2 Contributor

Increasing the max bot count for team 1 over 48 would be nice Outlawz.

The biggest problem i see with 1eam1's 48 bots maxlimit is the respawn time. Bots cannot GIVE UP to repawn. They waiting the whole time till the timecounter hits 0.

Increasing the respawn time result in easy gameplay without challenge. Humans caping the flags really quick without or very low resistence (bots still waiting for death) and the medic got more time to revive human players.

Having a low respawn time results in many stress for the medic and the bots keep coming.
On low server population the humans getting steamrolled when they use no firesupport from vehicles. Atleast when you play on botskill above 9 like we do.

I hope the PR Team find a way to increase the botcount.
If we got more bots on team1 (opfor), the respawn time could be increased without affecting the gameplay.

@Freeman:

Your arty script hasn't any additional pythonscripts that reduce respawn time of everyone that wear a [R-BOT] tag???
Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-13, 08:01   #13
One-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
I promise it is not an offence when I say that you are just about the only one who wants a Single Player mode in PR. I'm only doing it in case you are curious as to why this suggestion will likely not get any serious attention, and why PR SP is not coming back. Again, I feel for ya, but this is the reality.
Well, I am another one who would like it, so there are two of us LoL and you know how that equates in the song Alices Restuarant

Oh, heck and feckless world, my skills and abilities are all but screwed by my medical condition. My reaction time is nigh on zero and I would be nothing but a liability in any team without being able to practice during the week. I loved the old Single player version, I still have it saved on my PR mod disc somewhere from days of old.
I continued reading and see that some of the Dev boys give hope in regards to this feature, but my frazzled brain cells still cannot absorb all that they say!

Since joining last week, I have read every article about installing and problems encountered. Some of them twice, I made notes on key points and today, I installed PR:BF2 in one attempt and run the program in co-op mode to check out functionality. Everything worked smoothly with all settings maxed out, but it was only me in there, so I expect to nudge it back a bit with more bots etc.

If I understand some of the talks that have happened here, there are some missions that have bots already included is that correct? Please, can you use the KISS principle if you explain it to me
One-Zero is offline Reply With Quote