project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-01-21, 19:06   #11
Rabbit
Default Re: CIVI Issue? Change? Bug?

Quote:
A civilian will also be punished if he dies within 5m horizontally and 1.5m vertically of armed insurgents.
Tbh this makes me sad still.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 20:52   #12
RAWSwampFox

Good Afternoon,

While I understand the fact that most do not read the manual regarding the arrest mechanisms, there are at least a handful of players that I personally know who, when they are online, dislike insurgency so much that they use the CIVI martyrdom to sabotage the round so they can quickly move on to the next 4k asset whore map.

I love to crunch data but I don't know that I will have enough time to do it. Suffice it to say, I would love for the intel system to be revisited to balance things out again as I believe it has become nerfed. I don't believe much of anything nowadays in regards to martyrdom consequences as I have seen folks with -900 still alive and killing folks. I'm not even sure the amount of time is 5 minutes after killing 4 CIVIes. Back in the day, you couldn't get a special kit if you tk'ed or martyred so many folks, don't know if that is still in play.

Oh well, I thought I would vent a bit to see if something was up.
RAWSwampFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-23, 13:44   #13
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

I've been killed as a militant (helping the insurgency) possibly because some fighter had been near me previously.

For the purpose of clarifying the case: a player drove past me in a civilian car and about 15 seconds later I was shot as a fighter. That means that I sat around on civvie timer for 2 minutes for nothing.

Rather infuriating after this happens repetitively. This is like punishing players when others accidentally step on their mines, a bit unnecessary, IMHO.

B4TM4N
doop-de-doo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-23, 13:59   #14
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

The latest tracker version shows current Intel next to ticket count, if you want to look into it more.
https://storage.googleapis.com/prdem.../v3/index.html
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-23, 18:43   #15
[R-CON]​Fastjack
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
A civilian will also be punished if he dies within 5m horizontally and 1.5m vertically of armed insurgents.
Quote:
Tbh this makes me sad still.
Hmm, seems like the civie get also punished when another UNARMED civie stands close to him! Or better we BLUFOR didn't get punished for killing civilians when 2 of them stands close together.

Withnessed last days on fallujah this:

We saw to civies (one in white shirt and one in blue pants unarmed) heading across the fields near at A6 compound.
They ran up to a logitruck wreck for cover or stealthness whatever. SL told us to let them go.
I told the members that we can shoot them when they reached the cover because than they would be closer than 5 meters together.

Worked well! We shoot both civies without punishments.

Now i'm reading the part with the 5m horizontally away from ARMED insurgent.

My question is now can i continoue this tactic, waiting that 2 civies are close together and shoot them without getting punished?

@SwampFox

You should definetly focus in your guide the part with civilian vehicles.
Those vehicles can be used to block cache locations / entrances and when APC's or CAS try to pown the cache they will destroy the civie vehicles.

Should be used more often.
Building roadblocks and place multiple civie cars behind it and when it rains MK19's it will result in minus points/Intel penalties.
Only problem is some guys stealing always the cars to die 50 meters away or reseting they timecounter / RoE for those civie cars.
Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-23, 19:04   #16
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

That shouldn't happen...

Code:

# Checks if civilian is too close to armed insurgent
def isTooClose( player ):
for p in rcore.getPlayers( playerTeam ):
     if isCivilian( p ):
         continue
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-23, 19:11   #17
[R-DEV]​UTurista
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Fastjack View Post
Hmm, seems like the civie get also punished when another UNARMED civie stands close to him! Or better we BLUFOR didn't get punished for killing civilians when 2 of them stands close together.
If this happens then it is an issue, cause looking at the code it shouldn't happen. I believe what you witness was just one those civis being inside ROE which made the other also being inside and therefor making that a legit kill.

Dont question the wikipedia! Just because it reports different things on different languages does not make it unreliable source!
Last edited by [R-DEV]UTurista; 2018-01-24 at 19:44..
Old 2018-01-23, 20:20   #18
Acecombatzer0

I thought the 2 minute timer doesn't reset when a Civi is too close to an armed kit?

I'm pretty sure you're a Civi again when you space yourself again.
Acecombatzer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-23, 23:31   #19
RAWSwampFox

Good Evening,

Let's clarify some things unless the patch has changed something that I'm unaware of, which is possible.

1. The only thing that resets your timer is switching kits, entering or exiting any asset, pulling out your shovel or shoveling, epipen, medic bag. I think this is it.
2. The 5m horizontal and 1.5m vertical has only to do with the DEATH and nothing else. If you DIE within those distances respectively, you will not martyr.
3. Again, any vehicles or armed insurgents that are within the above stated distance does not reset your timer.
4. Multiple CIVIes being close together does not mitigate the martyrdom. Fastjack, the only reason I can think of is that the CIVIes timer was not up.

Regarding the CIVI cars, I am not clear as to the amount of intel they decrease. I remember reading this in a changelog but do not remember any specific number being mentioned.

The timer has kind of become a non-issue, especially if you have a full squad working martyrdom. It has been said that if you are revived you are instantaneously martyr'able. I have yet to verify this and this may be a glitch/bug.

Remember martyrdom is about 1> 2 min timer 2> distancing at death 3> no gun, that's it.
RAWSwampFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-24, 00:09   #20
[R-CON]​Fastjack
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
If this happens then it is an issue, cause looking at the code it shouldn't happen. I believe what you witness was just one those civis being inside ROE which made the other also being inside and therefor making that a legit kill.
That's the part i cant really tell.
About time : I'm sure atleast 30 seconds passed away before we opened fire.

I cannot tell if the blue pantie civi was in the RoE. But i shoot him first and another teammate shoot the whiteshirt civi a second later.

@Talon/UTurista: I can confirm that both guys was unarmed.
What check the python does? If the civi is close to an armed player or it checks if the civi is close to another player that has civi status??

So to clarify things for the future because i telling people ingame that they can shoot 2 civies that are close together.

1. When two civi's are close together and outside of RoE, they can stand close together and die as martyr when they got shoot?

2. When 2 civi's are close together and one of them is inside the RoE both civi's can be killed without dying as martyr?

3. Civi cars. How much Intel BLUFOR lost when one got destroyed?
Last edited by [R-CON]Fastjack; 2018-01-24 at 00:36..

Tags
bug, change, civi, issue