project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2017-07-09, 17:15   #11
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: Ar - mg deviation and recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt.maze2 View Post
isn't this game aiming for realism?
This isn't a military simulator. Gameplay and balance are far above achieving 100% accurate representation of things.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-09, 17:16   #12
sgt.maze2

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AlonTavor View Post
This isn't CoD.
I forgot to say to that i was about 100m.
I'm not refering to prone and inmediately shoot, like in cod ,absolutely not but waiting 4-5 secs it's insane when u have a bipod that basicly stabalizes your gun.
sgt.maze2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-09, 22:14   #13
parch
Supporting Member

Settle time can suck, but it's absolutely necessary for the balance - ARs are already capable of wrecking shit in hands of good players. It's also interesting change of pace, you need to think more about positioning and less about running like a headless chicken.

parch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-09, 22:32   #14
chrisweb89
PR Server License Moderator

In response to your second suggestion, it's impossible from my knowledge with the engine. You can't rest weapons on things so the best way to have it setup is stance dependent. It used to be that deployed mode only worked in prone but it sucked for anytime you're behind a low wall or window or the million other things you could fire over with a bipod, so in my opinion the current system is the best compromise.

As to that exact situation, don't go prone in initial quick engagements. Unless it's been changed when you dive prone you basically get another second or 2 deviation penalty to discourage prone diving with all weapons. Might not be realistic, but crouch in the current model is the best quick accuracy way of firing.
chrisweb89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-09, 22:49   #15
Vista
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt.maze2 View Post
Is balance going over realism now ?isn't this game aiming for realism?
I don't think anyone in the DEV team knows the response to that at the moment
Vista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-09, 22:56   #16
inb4banned

Sadly we have engine limitations and this engine doesn't allow for weapon resting on objects. MGs are big and are meant as a defensive weapon, not one to be used on a move, their settle time reflects this.

ARs on the other hand are very powerful on the move, if you know how to position yourself. You walk around with undeployed mode, spot something, go prone and switch to deployed mode, as soon you crouch/ stand back up from behind cover your deviation is completely settled and anything in your sights will die.

And for your comparison between MG and Sniper I'd say MG is much better in-game. With the broken patch it does around the same damage but is automatic, has less settle time and a huge mag. It doesn't require any additional buffs.
inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-09, 23:33   #17
LEGIYA

Keep the deviation.
Mg is op.
Find a way not to deploye in air.
LEGIYA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 00:21   #18
sgt.maze2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
I don't think anyone in the DEV team knows the response to that at the moment
is the team passing through a hard time?
sgt.maze2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 06:18   #19
QuickLoad

5-6 second deviation makes sense if you just sprinted, now if you were moving slow like most snipers you wouldn't have as much deviation time.

it's a decent equalibrium, nowehre near the best but def. not the worst, and with the limitations i think it's alright.
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 06:30   #20
fecht_niko
Banned

I dont think we need deviation on MG/AR at all. Who cares about balance. The damage should also be much higher because of the barrel lengh. Make them all 1-shot.
fecht_niko is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
deviation, recoil