project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
13 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2017-03-06, 02:23   #11
[R-MOD]FFG
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Russian Camouflage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankninja1 View Post
Unless you are using iron sights and anything past 300m just looks like a blob of pixels.
If you are using iron sights, why are you even attempting to engage targets over 300m?

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 04:07   #12
tankninja1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
If you are using iron sights, why are you even attempting to engage targets over 300m?
I never said I was trying to shoot them. But when you see someone run over a hill it is nice to no if they are one of your guys or an enemy.
tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 07:07   #13
_MB_

At first I wanted to tell you to just play the game and you will begin to rocognize them. But you seem to be no newbie. I always recognize russians for their pale faces, brits, french and others (might not be 100% correct here) have coulour on their faces. Also (eventhough this wont help you much at 300 m I guess) russians have quite distinct helm shape and thei have more directly green camo, whereas the others are rather brownish (OK, then there are germans...).

If someone rushes you in a bush and starts shooting, try to shoot too. No matter if you are friendly or not, only one of you is likely to leave that encounter. Just my 2 cents (or how is the saying).
_MB_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 09:21   #14
Cossack
Supporting Member

If you play long enough, you will start notice who is who. I play 90% of time with iron sights. My guide is kit geometries. Only two factions present on same map has similar geo, is Chine vs France on Xiangshan. Everyone else - easy.

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 10:34   #15
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Quote:
Words hurt you know. Also Slight
Didn't mean to hurt you know. Was being sincere. According wikipedia there's like 8% of the population that has partial colorblindness.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 11:51   #16
Spook
Supporting Member

Quote:
Unless you are using iron sights and anything past 300m just looks like a blob of pixels.

If you have some decent amount of ingame hours you should be able to easily spot any enemy, from any distance, in any kind of environment with only a short glimpse. Don't need high DPI to recognize rifles, uniforms, helmets, backpacks etc. You just do it intuitively after a while.

Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 13:14   #17
LiamBai
PR Tournament Admin
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
I never said I was trying to shoot them. But when you see someone run over a hill it is nice to no if they are one of your guys or an enemy.
That's what your map is for. You say you can't check the map when someone is banzai charging you, and that's true. You look at his kit from a few meters away and it's obvious which faction he is.
If it's a guy running over a hilltop ages away, you can use your map.

Liam: $ mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh
Vista: $: command not found
LiamBai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 18:51   #18
saXoni
Supporting Member

Quote:
Check your map?

EDIT: Fuck you Liam.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 02:08   #19
tankninja1

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Spook View Post
If you have some decent amount of in game hours
I couldn't even make a good guess at how many hours I've played this game. Problem is last time I played the Russians were lime green and you could spot their uniform from any other faction even if you were running around in a smoke grenade.

@Liam
@Saxoni
No crap. A lot of flags on a lot of forest maps have been moved to the middle of forests with no good landmarks visible on the map. When you have enemies and friendlies walking parallel to each other it is annoyingly difficult to tell friendlies for enemies which has gotten me shot in the back way too much.

I've noticed woodland maps with the Russians have substantially higher numbers of team kills, particularly by armor than any other maps.
Last edited by tankninja1; 2017-03-07 at 02:15..
Old 2017-03-07, 09:14   #20
Heavy Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
Maybe because the gun works the same, you just can see so clearly. Or are you living with the idea that ironsighted weapons shoot bullets only effective to the next corner?

As per the topic, I seldom have a problem, look at the geometries and walking animations. PLA is very easy to distinguish for example.
Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
camouflage, russian