project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2013-09-10, 04:07   #11
Adalaxy

Default Re: German Tiger prone to flip on landing

I just want to say that there's not a SINGLE aircraft in the WORLD where the Operating Handbook suggests that a nose first landing is safe, practical and preferred. I understand that this a game so that changing it requires a lot of time so its not going to change.
Adalaxy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 17:51   #12
Celestial1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspektura43 View Post
If your cas crew doesnt know that tiger tends to flip on landing/take-off then they shouldnt operate it.
One shouldn't have to intimately know every vehicles buggy issues that cause spontaneous unrecoverable flips on an otherwise completely safe landing, and have to learn for themselves how to overcome this strange and unintuitive issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeTick View Post
the only bug here is that you dont know how to land it.

land on front wheels and you will succeed every time, I had the same problem. it flipped on the pad when I was landing. then I learned that you have to land on the front wheels.
No, it is a bug. Helicopters don't work that way. I know -how- to land it, but it still doesn't make sense that it would operate that way.
Celestial1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 19:02   #13
chrisweb89
PR Server License Moderator

Lol, the amount of BS being flung around saying that its people's fault for having an issue with a buggy landing helicopter. Choppers should have their own flight characteristics, some even more than others but none should have this severe of a difference, along with the fact that recovering it is impossible, unlike other choppers when they start to roll. First time I touched a tiger I flipped it near instantly, after some practice I have decided just to bail out 2m above the pad, or hover, just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be considered a finished product and if you can't put up with its weird glitchy mechanics GTFO.
chrisweb89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 19:33   #14
Jafar Ironclad
Retired PR Developer

The Tiger's on our list of helicopters to fix, specifically the landing issue. I'm not sure we're going to have this fixed in time for the next patch, but rest assured we've noticed. (We had a fix for 1.0, but the fix turned out to cause more problems than it solved...)

Jafar Ironclad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 20:06   #15
[R-DEV]​Tim270
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nAyo View Post
and it has been very officially considered "NOT A BUG" by professionals : because yes indeed, the tiger IRL has the same problem with wheels not being solid and randomly disappearing on landing and making it flip over, it happens all the time it's common stuff for tigers!
This stuff is getting boring...

It was not considered a bug back then as its a issue with the mesh (vanilla) mainly. Yes, its broken, we know and have known and have been trying to fix it. So thanks for the condescending pep talk.

the quote you used of me was giving advice on how to use it in its current state rather then denying anything...

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 21:00   #16
Celestial1

Thanks for clarifying, you two!

You can go ahead and lock this if you think it will help before people start saying more crazy things. :P
Celestial1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 01:16   #17
nAyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Jafar Ironclad View Post
The Tiger's on our list of helicopters to fix, specifically the landing issue. I'm not sure we're going to have this fixed in time for the next patch, but rest assured we've noticed. (We had a fix for 1.0, but the fix turned out to cause more problems than it solved...)
Ah great
nAyo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-18, 07:47   #18
Evilhardt

This "flipping over on touch down" issue still exists. Has it been forgotten about or has it been identified as unfixable?
Evilhardt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-18, 22:36   #19
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilhardt View Post
This "flipping over on touch down" issue still exists. Has it been forgotten about or has it been identified as unfixable?
Nope we still have the issue reported, just needs to be fixed.

Arab is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
flip, german, landing, prone, tiger