project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Finnish Defense Forces
15 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Finnish Defense Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Finnish Defense Forces faction.

Old 2013-02-07, 02:01   #11
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Vehicle Proposal] Jurmo 600

Wow, if you just picked up 3ds max, good job. One thing i can tell from these pictures is that those sirens above driver cabin are too high poly, make them less smooth and there also seems to be too many tris on the middle bit. Of course you didnt get to optimizing the model yet, but you shouldnt model this stuff so high poly in the first place.

Old 2013-02-07, 09:15   #12
Kovanaama

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaB View Post
That's pretty sweet.

Have you planned to add doors ? The doors the driver would have to open so that the guys inside can get out.
There will be open doors on each side of the cabin. 2x 50 cals back and front of the boat. And the attack hatch on the front working like in chinook only the doors will open when front of the boat hits the shore. Then you can exit from the front of the vehicle.
Old 2013-02-07, 09:20   #13
Kovanaama

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
Wow, if you just picked up 3ds max, good job. One thing i can tell from these pictures is that those sirens above driver cabin are too high poly, make them less smooth and there also seems to be too many tris on the middle bit. Of course you didnt get to optimizing the model yet, but you shouldnt model this stuff so high poly in the first place.
I try to cut down polycount. I need to study more to make this better. And when i press F9, it gives nice picture of the model but its so unsmooth and full of sharp edges and ugly shapes. I try to learn more that i can fix these problems.
Old 2013-02-07, 21:40   #14
Bluedrake42
Supporting Member

I would love more amphibious assault maps btw, by far those are my favorite kind of maps.

Old 2013-02-08, 16:05   #15
Kovanaama

Perkele! My computer crashed. Now i have to build a model again! well... it was pretty shitty model anyways.
Old 2013-03-16, 11:35   #16
Kovanaama

I made a new one and this is much better. Now question! Can someone give me a link where i can find tutorials of how to make interiors? Cant find those anywhere...

Click image for larger version

Name:	New Jurmo 1.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	7455

Do they have to be kind of separate of the boat?

I tried to download a picture of it from inside but it wouldn`t download. Heres a link.

File:Jurmo U632 Turku 2011 troop compartment 1.JPG - Wikimedia Commons
Old 2013-03-16, 11:49   #17
Hulabi
Supporting Member

Making interiors is pretty much the same process as the exterior is. You just have to flip the faces and make the interior separate from the exterior.
Old 2013-03-16, 16:12   #18
Kovanaama

You mean that i make the interior inside the model and then detach it from the model?

Click image for larger version

Name:	jurmo eroitettu.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	7456
Old 2013-03-16, 17:06   #19
Hulabi
Supporting Member

Are those the same faces, but just flipped around?
Old 2013-03-16, 17:34   #20
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

If the interior is visible from ouside (which if your doors will open on shore, it will be), you need to make it a part of the main model (the 3p mesh), though in pretty low detail, because it will be seen nly from outside.

Then you make a separate model, with most of the outside mesh removed (if it cant be seen from outside), and all the tris you saved by this then can be put into the inside model, to increase its beauty

For this particular vehicle i would suggest making one 1st person model for the driver and whoever else will be on ther deck (1p LOD0), and one for the guys that will be in the troop compartment (1p LOD1).

Tags
600, jurmo, proposal, vehicle