project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > African Resistance Fighters
04 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
African Resistance Fighters Discussion pertaining to the African Resistance Fighters (ARF) faction.

Old 2010-04-10, 13:19   #11
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Suggestion Thread.

Not such a bad idea.

Old 2010-04-10, 14:52   #12
162eRI

100% agree with this idea. I completly forgot about the alternative kits! This way they could get mostly Ak and of course Fn Fal and perhaps G3 ^^ Same with the Mat49 and Ak47s etc etc etc. Very good idea!

Quote:
-M14 will be replaced by a bipod FAL.
Sounds better ; )

What about the grenade hahaha I don't give up LOL sorry
Old 2010-04-10, 18:37   #13
Wakain

thanks guys, I think this could really add to the ARF experience

hope to see more progress on the ARF in the near future
Old 2010-04-10, 18:49   #14
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

Sure there is progress, Sgt_Doctor waits to have a test build to show you in game pics.

Old 2010-04-10, 22:43   #15
BroCop

I noticed that with the change in the comfac the idea of multiple faction have been dropped however I cant seem to find any reason why would you ditch the unconventional forces (ala Somali insurgents)?

* I know this doesnt really belong here however I didnt felt a question like this would warrant an thread of its own
Old 2010-04-10, 22:46   #16
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

There are unconventional forces, the ARF : African Resistance Fighters.
The conventional force being the U.A./A.U.
The ARF would suit perfectly Ramiel for example

Old 2010-04-10, 22:50   #17
BroCop

I see the issue now...its more of a fail on my side. It seems that the lack of mention of the ARF in the design sheet and the lack of the ARF logo (and the fact that I was blinded by the new huge logo ) in the Design Plan thread pretty much confused me .
Old 2010-04-11, 07:28   #18
Sgt_Doctor

@ CroCop

READ DA SPREADSHEET !

@ Waikin

I don't like this idea. Only the scoped kits have a FN FAL. The other have an AK or a Galil. I mean it's a good compromise between fun and realism. (I'm only talking about the U.A.-A.U. faction, the ARF have a lot of AK.)

@ 162eRI

Good luck. I'm a french stubborn guy too.
Last edited by Sgt_Doctor; 2010-04-11 at 07:36..
Old 2010-04-11, 20:46   #19
162eRI

Quote:
@ 162eRI
Good luck. I'm a french stubborn guy too.
I know ^^ But when someone shows me references I tend to agree with him. We know... kind of... which grenades they are mostly using and I think I show it several times...

Quote:
I don't like this idea. Only the scoped kits have a FN FAL. The other have an AK or a Galil. I mean it's a good compromise between fun and realism. (I'm only talking about the U.A.-A.U. faction, the ARF have a lot of AK.)
I agree with you that the African Union should have modern weapons, which is a good compromise between fun and realism. But Waikin's idea is pretty good, it give us more choices and more fun. Players will be able to pick up the weapon he wants. And more over, we are talking about African armies. Said armies which are equiped mostly with Ak but with other weapons as well. The A.U. is an union of different African countries, using different weapons. There is no real ordnance between them. Using the alternative kits is just perfect solution.
Last edited by 162eRI; 2010-04-12 at 11:41..
Old 2010-04-27, 12:48   #20
Psyko

Im makin N'Djamena. so i want to see technicals with 8 seats including a couple of standing positions in the back leaning over the roof of the pickup with the ability to fire accross the top.

also i'd like the militia to have the ability to build up very large bon-fires as dangerous roadblocks, but tanks need to be able to drive accross them without great risk of damage.

also i want a couple of diverse looking taxis that were pained red or purple by their owners and decorated in tassles and bobbles and crazy stuff.

Tags
african, apcs, sugestion, suggestion, thread