project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
26 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-11-26, 14:12   #11
Bonsai

Default Re: Inf, Fobs and Supply need Cover

IIRC the sneaky lonewolf with his one-stab-fob-killer-knife has taken out more FOBs than mortars in the last couple of weeks I`ve been playing.

As players need to learn that staying put on an objective/flag will make you loose with the new 0.95 tools and ticket system - they will need to learn that placing FOBs 10 meters aside the flag in the place everybody does it since the freakin` release of the map is like putting a big red "SHOOT HERE!" sign above it.

The mod has made a step into the right direction with the current changes. Teamplay and thinking about where to deploy troops, where to deploy supplies, where to have backup spawn places actually matters now. Same goes for where and from where to attack.

Until 0.95 it was like - place a FOB somewhere close to where you want to attack/defend - spawn - rush in - kill as much as you can - rinse and repeat.

Now you better have a plan and a backup - and the rest of the team assisting you...

But I agree completely on changing the look and even the size of the FOBs. I encourage the idea of having different statics as well (discussion somewhere about using bunkers that need more time/crates and smaller - easier to build statics). And you`re also right about the crates. Especially as they light up on thermals. Might need some "love" in the next patch.

My 2 cents.
Bonsai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 23:17   #12
=]H[=[Amish]Kommando

Cowboy up and attack the city?
=]H[=[Amish]Kommando is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 20:18   #13
BenHamish

That's a nice idea - A FOB that builds itself as long as a squad is within [50m?] of it.
BenHamish is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 04:42   #14
SGT.Ice

Well boys and girls last I checked this was about infantry feedback not FOBs. Though. the standing by a FOB part takes away from doing something as well as working together. Increasing the beating the FOBs can take and possibly being able to just put the radio and such inside a building without the dirt would be kind of nice.
SGT.Ice is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 11:51   #15
BenHamish

To be honest, some people spend ages and ages building mini-fortresses for their FOB, and I think it's all very un-necessary. Static defences are pretty useless against a co-ordinated enemy, and more than anything make the FOB very obvious.

I'm more of the 'build a secret fob in an alley/ garden and then move on to cap' sort of bloke. That said though, I find it hard to get the ideal of aggression into a squad.. People like to sit back and snipe [defend] (which is fine).
BenHamish is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 12:32   #16
Bufl4x

Or you can do both. Build one hidden FOB to spawn on, and another on the other side of the flag to deploy assets.
Most of the time there are two flags in play, one to attack and one to defend. So you can have three offensive and three defensive FOBs. The more the better.
Bufl4x is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 05:45   #17
Stoickk

Have an "Urban Fob" deployable asset. It would be invaluable in urban maps. The static could be just the box with the radio on it from the standard fob static. This fob could be placed inside buildings or rooms, and with the smaller footprint, and the ability to be placed inside rooms for overhead/all around cover, would increase its survivability and stealth dramatically.
Stoickk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 09:49   #18
Bad&Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Jam View Post
You should join the Army, I heard they're pretty down on the reality side of game-play.
Wanted to write down the same, after reading this topic.
Seems like topic starter forgot, that he's playing a GAME, not the "high-end special operation training simulator for tough guys with the nuts".
And as for me, I haven't seen more realistic and mature game about modern battlefield, as PR.
Bad&Mad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 13:12   #19
Stiller_001

Wasn't there something like the radio's being made for placement inside buildings and acting like a FOB...? I don't know but i swear i have seen something ages ago.

EDIT: arr here we are - https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f26...utposts-5.html
Last edited by Stiller_001; 2011-02-06 at 13:24..
Old 2011-02-06, 18:48   #20
ViciousAxel

I think that alot of these problems will have to remain unsolved in PR:BF2 because of the engine and map limitations, not to mention the less than effective BF2 integrated VOIP system which limits teamwork a great deal. Hopefully the devs will get around to fixing these in PR:A2. I think PR has the right idea, but its limited by said engine and also the players that OP mentioned who have no notion of how to use the assets or work as a team. Maybe someone will make some sort of single player tutorial level for PR which will allow the newer players to learn about the infantry assets and some basic tactics without having to read and memorize a manual.
ViciousAxel is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, fobs, inf, supply