project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
09 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Old 2013-04-10, 01:37   #11
smgunsftw
Default Re: Choosing between two gaming desktops

Thanks for the help everyone, I looked at the NCIX.ca computers, and they certainly seemed a lot better and had a higher value compared to the ones on Tigerdirect and Newegg. My next question is, where would be the best place to buy quality monitors that are <$150 from Canada?
smgunsftw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 01:51   #12
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member
Default Re: Choosing between two gaming desktops

At that price point, for gaming, (and specifically not for video editing or professional graphic design), you're looking at 21" 1080p TN LCD 2ms to 4ms refresh rate.

Might really come down to difference between finding a sale price, and difference between local sales tax and online shipping costs.

I don't know that much about online stores in Canada,

Store URL
NCIX NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Online PC Discount Store, Buy Computer Accessories
Canada Computers Canada Computers | Computers, Computer Parts, Laptops, Hard Drives, PC Hardware & Accessories Sales
TigerDirect TigerDirect.ca - Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Components, Netbooks & Electronics
NewEgg Newegg Canada - Computer Products, Laptops, Electronics, HDTVs, Digital Cameras, Cellphones and More!
MyTeknology (formerly Grey Tech ) My Teknology Computer Inc.

Here's a big list of PC parts stores in Canada: http://www.xmarks.com/site/www.ncix.com/

You might have to sign up for their email sales lists, check for coupons, free shipping codes etc.

Almost all the <$150 monitors are comparable, you want to find one with the fastest refresh rate, as calculated in milliseconds on a grey to grey scale , usually notated as " 2ms GtG " or similar. And all the low end manufacturers lie about their refresh rates now anyway, so it's a gamble.

You do want to focus on 2ms or 3ms response monitors.

Secondly you might find a LED LCD backlit in that price range, though it'll be right close to the $150 price point.

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
choosing, desktops, gaming