project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2010-12-22, 13:37   #11
DenvH
Default Re: Rifle accuracy

In close quarters I always use the irons or red dot, hold before the corner, zoom in and aim at the ground so I can look over the sights and quickly move my aim up when I see something. And you will have to crouch instead of prone, it takes some time to get used to it.
DenvH is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 16:22   #12
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Wolfe View Post
Rifle deviation is a b*tch ain't it?
when you prone spam it is.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 16:42   #13
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

@OP: As others have said, you should not drop the the ground and then start shooting. Ever seen a movie where the hero will go around a corner, lie down, and then open fire against someone standing right in front of him? It'd be highly ineffective in real life, so it also has been made highly ineffective in game. Instead, you should try to move slow and shoot from a stationary position. With corners especially, try to cake-slice them instead of running around. Move slow and smooth, expose only as much of your body as needed, and as soon as you see someone, stop moving and then open fire in auto mode (assuming he's really close).

Going prone is of course still a valid option - but not in close quarter combat. On long range, however, going prone makes you a smaller target (unless the enemy is in an elevated position!) and after waiting a few seconds, your aim will be very good, compared to someone standing. If you happen to be equipped with a machine gun or designated marksman rifle, you should deploy the gun on the ground (you have the weapon in the inventory twice, use the second one) once you're prone and then wait a bit, this will be even more accurate.

If you are moving around though, leave the weapons undeployed and do not go prone. It's much better to just go down to one knee and then shoot - makes you a smaller target without screwing your aim. If you have the time, always seek cover as a first priority. Minimize the exposed parts of your body and additionally get an accuracy bonus for being stationary when in cover - that beats run-and-gun or even run-and-prone-and-gun any day.

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2010-12-22, 18:03   #14
BenHamish

When they are really close (Ie you were shooting their jeep and they dismount next to you):

Put full auto on and charge straight towards them unloading your clip (don't cripple yourself by using irons, they are irrelevant at close range). Usually you will get 2 or 3 lucky shots that will kill them. Also, usually you will run out of ammo and have to run back to cover (you will get shot but their deviation will also mean they won't kill you - you can then patch yourself, or reload, then try again).

When they are middle-distance away:

- Run to the nearest cover and crouch behind it (in cover). If they stay where they are and shoot at you, let your deviation settle from, behind cover (4secs) then scare them into running by intermittingly popping up and shooting them (left CTRL). When they run, keep shooting. You will probably get a lucky shot that wounds them, allowing you to 'hunt' them whilst they patch.

-If they run to cover (if they are in isolated cover) go prone and scope in at them. When they pop up headshot them, or shoot the cover around them to surpress them (although this is fairly pointless as it won't scare them, and you will have to reload eventually).

- If they run to cover, and have an aveneue of escape, just try and position yourself so that you can overlook their escape aveneue. They will probably do the same for you.

Inevitably, you will both shoot each other at least once, and need to run to medic afterwards. Be prepared for this, and don't let it put you off when you duke it out with him.

One accurate shot (with settled deviation) is worth two or three inaccurate (rushed) shots. One second feels like ages when you aim at someone, but let them shoot you first (they will usually shoot your leg/arm which only does a little bit of damage), and then shoot their torso (or head, if you're confident).

Also, it is almost always possible to just sprint away from a bad engagement (zigzag, they might hit you but you can medic/patch when in cover). Much better to do this and live to fight another day than to give up tickets.
BenHamish is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 19:13   #15
Doc.Pock

i love the deviation and newbs who shoot to soon
Doc.Pock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 19:52   #16
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHamish View Post
When they are really close (Ie you were shooting their jeep and they dismount next to you):

Put full auto on and charge straight towards them unloading your clip (don't cripple yourself by using irons, they are irrelevant at close range). Usually you will get 2 or 3 lucky shots that will kill them. Also, usually you will run out of ammo and have to run back to cover (you will get shot but their deviation will also mean they won't kill you - you can then patch yourself, or reload, then try again).
LULWUT.

Completely disagree. Competent ironsight/red dot user will win over a scope user in CQB. you can draw faster meaning faster and more accurate rounds, you can move faster when scoped (when crouched) so can move and clear rooms/areas easier when scoped and you have better vision and quicker target acquisition .

Charging the enemy spraying with a scope is the worst possible thing ever, i hope this is sarcasm? scopes should still draw their scope in defense and use it the best they can. Seriously, worst advice ive ever read on these forums.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 20:00   #17
BenHamish

It works for me Gaz, I wish it didn't but it does.

Last night in Basrah I was literally pinned into a doorway by an ironsighted Brit. He covered me and moved in from the side (I had no ideea where he was).

He did the most tactical approach ever, sighted up and barely moving, strafing accross me. I saw his shoulder first and sidestepped out, killing him. He never even got a shot off.

Same night, I had ironsights up and a guy with the AR ran round a corner firing willy-nilly. He killed me whilst my (rushed but aimed) rounds hit his arms/legs.

Also same night, an 2x IDF guys decamped from their Humvee really close to me. I was in the open and moving towards them with an AK, so I just kept on moving and fired full auto at them. One of them went down, then my clip ran out, I zig-zagged back to cover and then ended up shooting him as he advanced (ironsights up and deviations settled).

Also: Muttrah. Anyone that uses sights in CQB loses. It zooms in too much and makes you slow, compared to just running in point blank and firing like mad.

Mind you, when I do draw the sights up I get a good bead on the enemy, sometimes I do it if I'm running at them (it helps me aim the centre of my screen).
Old 2010-12-22, 20:14   #18
crot
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
dont go prone. crouch and shoot and enjoy killing the enemy.
Doesnt matter, crouch, standing up, I wait 4 seconds then I open up on unsuspecting enemy, they turn around, couple of shots on me *boom> im dead> rage quit*. Seriously, wtf?! Since the update, deviation f*cking sucks! A couple of days ago, an AR guy killed me from like 250m while crawling out of cover while I was shooting at him for like 6 seconds and he got me right away while he was moving. Either the update messed the deviation up for me only, idk. But this never happened before the update. Its becoming frustrating.
crot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 20:29   #19
karambaitos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHamish View Post
It works for me Gaz, I wish it didn't but it does.

Last night in Basrah I was literally pinned into a doorway by an ironsighted Brit. He covered me and moved in from the side (I had no ideea where he was).

He did the most tactical approach ever, sighted up and barely moving, strafing accross me. I saw his shoulder first and sidestepped out, killing him. He never even got a shot off.

Same night, I had ironsights up and a guy with the AR ran round a corner firing willy-nilly. He killed me whilst my (rushed but aimed) rounds hit his arms/legs.

Also same night, an 2x IDF guys decamped from their Humvee really close to me. I was in the open and moving towards them with an AK, so I just kept on moving and fired full auto at them. One of them went down, then my clip ran out, I zig-zagged back to cover and then ended up shooting him as he advanced (ironsights up and deviations settled).

Also: Muttrah. Anyone that uses sights in CQB loses. It zooms in too much and makes you slow, compared to just running in point blank and firing like mad.

Mind you, when I do draw the sights up I get a good bead on the enemy, sometimes I do it if I'm running at them (it helps me aim the centre of my screen).
your argument is invalid (why is it? it just is the universe told me so)
you will almost never win in a CQB fight with an ar the amount of bullets he can shoot at a target is ridiculous, anyway ive won plenty of CQB fight thanks to my irons or reddot its all situational so you cant say this is better to do than that it all depends if the people you are shooting are complete noobs or skilled players even then its dependent on the moment and there are too many variables you can theorize it though
karambaitos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 20:41   #20
BenHamish

Quote:
Originally Posted by karambaitos View Post
your argument is invalid (why is it? it just is the universe told me so)
you will almost never win in a CQB fight with an ar the amount of bullets he can shoot at a target is ridiculous, anyway ive won plenty of CQB fight thanks to my irons or reddot its all situational so you cant say this is better to do than that it all depends if the people you are shooting are complete noobs or skilled players even then its dependent on the moment and there are too many variables you can theorize it though

Fair do's, and you make an excellent point about the variables. Good players will always just walk away from anything but an unsuspecting victim. I was just telling the NewGuy what works for me. Patient Bear does not always win (although sometimes I am very patient).

Tags
accuracy, rifle