project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Texturing
02 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-07-20, 15:10   #11
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [WEAPON] Spike MR/LR

If used by the Brits only really as a better alternative place holder than the TOW Missile

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 16:04   #12
gipakok

Although won't this weapon be kinda unbalanced? The MR (Gil) has a range of 2.5km and the LR (Gomed) has a range of 4km. And theses are only the relatively shorter ranged versions of the SPIKE.

And congrats moszeus for becoming an R-DEV btw.
Last edited by gipakok; 2013-07-20 at 16:11..
Old 2013-07-20, 16:09   #13
Moszeusz6Pl
Retired PR Developer

It won't have such long effective range in PR. Same as tanks can't kill from few kilometers.

Moszeusz6Pl is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 16:18   #14
splatters

Just handled a Spike simulator a couple of months ago, even saw a couple of live ones being fired! Model looks spot on, waiting to see it textured.
splatters is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 16:25   #15
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gipakok View Post
Although won't this weapon be kinda unbalanced? The MR (Gil) has a range of 2.5km and the LR (Gomed) has a range of 4km. And theses are only the relatively shorter ranged versions of the SPIKE.

And congrats moszeus for becoming an R-DEV btw.
Many of the weapons in PR should have a much longer range than they do ingame, the problem is the view distance.... As such its max range will be the same most other AT weapons ingame, and that is as far as you can see the target

Old 2013-07-20, 16:41   #16
gipakok

Also I really hope this will replace the MATADOR sooner rather than later, not only the ingame version of it is inaccurate but the matador is only used against light armor and breach walls
gipakok is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 17:37   #17
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

W00t, nice one guys !

Glimmerman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 08:43   #18
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Looks epic, good job.

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 09:34   #19
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Wow, this is quite something

Hope you wont mind a bit of feedback:

Now I understand you dont like welding stuff together, and it sure costs quite a bit of tris, but it saves UV space most of the time, and geometry is cheap compared to textures. So I think its better to have a 10k geomtry that uses like 70% UV space of a 7K geometry. Plus the model feels less like its a big mess

I know you guys overlap UVs to save space and make Z-fighting unnoticable, but that one is usable only to a extent.

Getting to the actual model, here is what I would do differently:

Weld these yellow boxes into the pink one?

Looking at what will be right in players face, these areas could use a bit more detail IMO (on that tube handle it depends on how it will be seen through deploy animation).

On this big cyllindrical thing, you can delete some of its polys, as they are fully covered by other geometry.

This gap is pointless. If you would move those faces closer together and weld them together, you would probably save a few tris, as well as loads of UV space.

Same with this gap here. This one is so obscured by other geometry that it took me while to get a good shot of it

Oh and one last thing, those circles on tube covers dont need that vertex in the middle

Other than that, an impressive peice of modelling, i must say. Have fun UVing it

lucky.BOY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 09:47   #20
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Ye good points lucky, you guys should weld up pretty much everything you can, the end result will be miles better for it

Tags
mr or lr, spike, weapon, weaponspike, wip