project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-02-16, 21:39   #11
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Default Re: Remove Rifleman Ammo 'Glitch?'

This is my solution:
Ammo crate.
Kit crate - which is also used for fob building. Can't resupply ammo from it and can't request rifleman kit.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-16, 21:56   #12
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]K4on View Post
that does work with the code, IIRC. could someone check that out?
otherwise Ill do tomorow.
That is doable as i said above, but comes with drawback that you cant see if a crate is full or empty.

Another option would be to make crates lose health every time you request a kit. That would simulate you using up some of the storage by taking the equipment. Sadly we cant modify the ammo storage directly, so doing it via HP would be only option.
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 00:22   #13
Gosu-Rizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
That is doable as i said above, but comes with drawback that you cant see if a crate is full or empty.

Another option would be to make crates lose health every time you request a kit. That would simulate you using up some of the storage by taking the equipment. Sadly we cant modify the ammo storage directly, so doing it via HP would be only option.
The HP thing sounds perfect imo! Its the most intuitive (and realistic) and it makes logistics as important as it should be. And this way it would stll be possible to rearm your mortars, TOW, etc by requesting a rifleman kit when needed
Gosu-Rizzle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 03:09   #14
OriginalWarrior

How about if you can remove the ability to request Rifleman kits from crates, but can still request it from APCs and supply depot.
OriginalWarrior is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 03:21   #15
fatalsushi83

I like this idea of requesting kits depleting the ammo box. Sounds like the most elegant solution and makes sense since you're basically taking equipment out of the box when requesting a kit.

Also, is it possible to fix that weird quirk that allows you to get more from an ammo bag when you're further away from it? If you sit directly on it, it'll disappear even before you can rearm a LAT but staying about a meter away works for some reason.

And one suggestion: Would it be possible to make it so that you have to hold the "use" key to get stuff from boxes and ammo bags? Sometimes in a confined area a rifleman will throw down a bag for the LAT guy only to have it depleted by some other guy who is standing nearby. And sometimes you want to swap kits at a crate but it explodes because it tries to automatically rearm your current kit before you request a new one. It could say "rearming" in the HUD when you hold the use key so that you're only sucking up ammo when you really need it.
Last edited by fatalsushi83; 2015-02-17 at 03:28..
Old 2015-02-17, 05:50   #16
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalsushi83 View Post
Also, is it possible to fix that weird quirk that allows you to get more from an ammo bag when you're further away from it? If you sit directly on it, it'll disappear even before you can rearm a LAT but staying about a meter away works for some reason.
That's a myth. The ammo bag runs on a concrete amount of points which will be used to replenish every part of your equipment that has been used up, the points necessary for each slot in your kit are set to 100, evenly distributed among the magazines, grenades, etc. . If you use up your grenades, your LAT and your patch for example, you've used up way more than an ammo bag can replenish, in this case the only thing you're getting out of the ammo bag is 1 grenade unless you have one of the LATs that have 2 shots(LAW, RPG7):
175(amount of points in one ammo bag)/3(types of equipment that aren't full)=58 points per slot.

Grenades 100/2=50 per grenade
LAT 100/1(2)=100/50 per shot
Patch 100/1= 100 per patch

You can afford to throw 1 grenade and use 1 or 2 magazines depending on whether you have 7(G3) or 9(most other rifles) total.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 12:24   #17
Geronimo

Beeing able to request the rifleman kit from a crate is important for me. Sometimes one of my squadmates takes a LAT/HAT/AA to take out a nearby asset and I go with him with a rifleman for a second shot, leaving my old kit behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
-snip-
The ammobag only has 110 "points", not 175. They changed that in one of the last patches.
Last edited by Geronimo; 2015-02-17 at 16:12..
Old 2015-02-17, 15:47   #18
doougl4s

There are other utilities for ammo pouch of rifleman kit. You can not provide ammunition for the assets (mortars, HMG, TOW, etc.) if it is removed. Provide ammunition for a stealth squad will be impossible, since it will need a helicopter or logistics truck for it. I am against removing the ammo pouch.
doougl4s is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 18:03   #19
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
1. Now, would you agree to remove this glitch by making the rifleman kit not requestable anymore?
- if not, do you have an alternative solution for the described issue above?
BUMP, need more fancy ideas and input

K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 18:32   #20
Tankbuster28000

The only issue I see when removing rifleman kit is when you are in mortars.
So if the supply crate would automatically resupply mortars/TOW/AA, I would not mind seeing them removed.
Tankbuster28000 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
ammo, exploit, glitch, remove, rifleman