project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Polish Forces
16 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Polish Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Polish Forces faction.

Old 2012-12-31, 15:10   #11
ddeo
Retired PR Developer
Default Re: Mi-24V Hind

First no, then yes as you remember.
Old 2012-12-31, 15:34   #12
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grober View Post
Deamn some time ago i askd ddeo to ask u guys is such think possible with 2 lods and he replied no...
Ye, since another dev said no, but then I saw the post a few days later and corrected it with that post, but ddeo never replied to mine to say he had seen it or forwarded it to you

Bad ddeo! Very bad ddeo! No dindins for you tonight!

Old 2012-12-31, 15:39   #13
Antol

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Ye, since another dev said no, but then I saw the post a few days later and corrected it with that post, but ddeo never replied to mine to say he had seen it or forwarded it to you

Bad ddeo! Very bad ddeo! No dindins for you tonight!

ddeo, you bastard You killed Hind
Old 2012-12-31, 15:50   #14
ddeo
Retired PR Developer

I've forwarded it, so what about bad Grober, bad... ? :P
Old 2012-12-31, 16:07   #15
Grober

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]ddeo View Post
I've forwarded it, so what about bad Grober, bad... ? :P
I still dont remember that!

i guess i can add some more details now

1p lod0
1p lod1
Old 2012-12-31, 16:09   #16
[F|H]Zackyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by [F|H]Zackyx View Post
it would be awsome if we could use the Hind for mecs !

which version of the hind are you doing ? 50 cal gatling ? fixed 23 mm ? twin 23 mm touret ? or both ?
Can you pls answer my question ?
Old 2012-12-31, 16:16   #17
Grober

Quote:
Originally Posted by [F|H]Zackyx View Post
Can you pls answer my question ?

its not "chosen" yet i think ddeo should answer your question :P
Old 2012-12-31, 17:25   #18
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grober View Post
I still dont remember that!

i guess i can add some more details now

1p lod0
1p lod1
You can add a lot more details overall even without this, but without this your just saving a load on stuff you can't see.

The Z-9 1p, which also includes the working gauges concept so is more than it needs to be and will be eventually, is 10,561 tris:

Z-9WA is less since it doesn't have so much "passenger" space and has more of a digi cockpit and is 6,744 tris:

The French Panther has 9,107 tris:

Now these examples as mentioned have been made with the working gauges concept which has now been pretty much scrapped so you don't need to go and make fully working artificial horizon balls with loads of back faces etc as they will never "spin" but you can still make the front faces the player dose see, and have them welded into the main mesh etc and needles on the gauges your best off just making them 2D textures on the gauge panel itself with a normal since they will look just the same, with no chance of zfighting.

The Cobra which is about the closest vbf2 chopper to your cockpit is 5,828 tris, but tbh this could be much higher.

You are allowed to go somewhat overboard on 1st person models since they are only seen by the player holding them, and never multiple ones like 3p models. The problem with really high rez 3p models, is you can have many of them in one place, epically for handheld weapons and then you start to run into problems. 1st person, your only ever going to see one, and only of the weapon/vehicle your using.

For your pilots cockpit models I would aim for around 8k tris, adding lots of detail to the round bits and insurment panels, although not going too over board, mainly welding in the screens to the cockpit, adding the odd 3D nob here and there but don't need things like separate needles etc like I did for the Z-9/Panther series but the other stuff I've done, that isn't part of a working cockpit is a good eample, other than if I was going to do it again I would have separated the passenger and pilot instrument panel 1p textures so the rear passengers when they hop in don't need to load all of the high rez gauge textures but you can easily work around this problem since you have totally different compartments for both like the Wessex dose
Wessex btw has a really low poly and low rez texture 1p models, this was because I didn't have the time to make a new cockpit model.

Also another thing. You should really look into what other versions of the Hind PR might need. I dunno much about the hind but I do know there are many different versions and it would be best to forward plan what versions PR needs and make them now or at least make preparations to have them done in the future, like different weapons etc, in the same way when I was doing the Z-9, I also looked into what other versions where needed like the Z-9WA, French Panther and Brazilian Panther, although looks like the Brazilian one will probably not ever get used, it wasn't that much work to do but I also considered the Z-9C if we ever had the PLANM, but decided if we needed that we could make it later on pretty easily and made "preparations" for it in how the textures where done etc, which was basically the same in how the Z-9WA was done, encase we did ever need to make it.

So ye, you really should look into that now to see what we do need and see if its worth making this version into those other versions as if we do need them and this version can be made into them, it will pay off massively in the long run.

Old 2012-12-31, 19:46   #19
ShockUnitBlack

Wikipedia says the Russians are currently using the Mi-24PN, however I'm pretty sure that the V model remains the most common.
Old 2013-01-01, 00:14   #20
lgm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockUnitBlack View Post
Wikipedia says the Russians are currently using the Mi-24PN, however I'm pretty sure that the V model remains the most common.
Why even bother with the Mi-24 Russian texture, its being slowly replaced by the Mi-28. Maybe MEC could benefit. Besides, gunships don't fit in with PR and would most likely be wasted by the dedicated attack choppers as they go in to land troops.
Last edited by lgm; 2013-01-01 at 00:23..

Tags
hind, mi24v, vehicle