project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-01-02, 20:14   #11
solodude23

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]AfterDune View Post
You call them problems, I call them features
2nd'd
Old 2008-01-03, 00:51   #12
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
You call them problems, I call them features
A lot of the features are good, but you are denying that their are problems like the HAT, the iffyness of the Rallypoints, the weapons being accurate sometimes and sometimes not even when you aim, 2 minutes to repair a bridge that will get blown up again, etc. Radio Spam is the last of my worries.
Old 2008-01-03, 06:29   #13
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I'm not denying anything. The things you mention may be problems for you, but to me they're just features. Repairing a bridge should take a while, otherwise there's hardly a point in destroying them. By destroying a bridge now, you cripple the enemy.

Regarding the weapons, I only have a "problem" with the sniperrifles, they're not as accurate as they were. But then I'm no sniper and have used it only twice in a real battle, so not much I can say about that. The rest of the weapons seem okay, but some may need a little bit more accuracy here and there.

Old 2008-01-03, 08:58   #14
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
I'm not denying anything. The things you mention may be problems for you, but to me they're just features. Repairing a bridge should take a while, otherwise there's hardly a point in destroying them. By destroying a bridge now, you cripple the enemy.

Regarding the weapons, I only have a "problem" with the sniperrifles, they're not as accurate as they were. But then I'm no sniper and have used it only twice in a real battle, so not much I can say about that. The rest of the weapons seem okay, but some may need a little bit more accuracy here and there.
1. Then if a bridge should take so long to repair, why doesn't it take a long time to blow up? You are missing the obvious holes in your argument. By blowing the two bridges on Qwai River, you basically cripple all the Chinese tanks on that map and confine them to one side for the whole game unless you can get 2 engineers to live for 2 minutes out in the open while repairing a bridge. If a bridge is going to be so valuable and hard to fix, then make it hard to destroy in the first place.

2. The G3 kicks like a mug. Against the M16, you are basically fodder. I know that the weapons balistics aren't really modeled to real life now because of balance issues, but I am sure you can fire a G3 on single shot without it kicking that much.
Old 2008-01-03, 09:05   #15
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

1a: Is that a serious question? You wonder why blowing up a bridge takes far less time than repairing one?

1b: Correct, control the bridges and/or destroy them gives you an obvious advantage. Goes for both teams, not just the Chinese.

2: The G3 does kick a bit, true. At least way more than it did before. Maybe it was way too accurate before? Someone with a good knowledge of the G3 should comment on this. I'm stuck with this thought: was the previous version of the G3 too accurate? If so, is the current setting as it should be? The G3 now handles different, I think it's something to get used to (or if it's incorrect, it should be changed).

Last edited by [R-DEV]AfterDune; 2008-01-03 at 09:11..
Old 2008-01-03, 22:23   #16
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
1a: Is that a serious question? You wonder why blowing up a bridge takes far less time than repairing one?
It's serious because it takes 1 guy with C4 to blow a bridge up, yet it takes 2 minutes to repair a bridge?

Real Life= Takes demo charges, C4, explosives to blow up a bridge which have to be strategitcally placed on the beams of the bridge.
Ingame= 1 random guy with C4

Real Life= If a bridge is blown up, then you can just lay the temporary bridges which just fold out.
Ingame= Takes 2 minutes to repair a bridge which just be blown up again by some random guy that only takes 5 seconds to do.

Quote:
1b: Correct, control the bridges and/or destroy them gives you an obvious advantage. Goes for both teams, not just the Chinese.
Yea, because we really need to pull even more players away from the battle to guard something that maybe unguardable or from an enemy that may never come. And it goes for the Chinese more because Tanks cannot float, but Apcs can. The US doesn't have tanks on Qwai River.

Quote:
2: The G3 does kick a bit, true. At least way more than it did before. Maybe it was way too accurate before? Someone with a good knowledge of the G3 should comment on this. I'm stuck with this thought: was the previous version of the G3 too accurate? If so, is the current setting as it should be? The G3 now handles different, I think it's something to get used to (or if it's incorrect, it should be changed).
I have seen videos of the G3 and it still doesn't kick that much. I know for a fact that the M16 doesn't kick that much because I have probably fired over a 1000+ rounds from it. I can see it being used to compensate for insta-headshots and for balance reasons, but the G3 still kicks way too much.
Old 2008-01-07, 15:54   #17
[Fr]WhiteMoon

Wink

Quote:
I know that the weapons balistics aren't really modeled to real life now because of balance issues, but I am sure you can fire a G3 on single shot without it kicking that much.
Are you sure ? Or are you trained to ? Or simply have you ever tried ?

Because I tried one day this great gun. I'm very used to automatic rifles and more & more, like exotic elephant hunting rifle with really BIG recoil. So I can say you that the G3, despite of his damn good weight has a violent recoil that needs to be handle with a lot of training. That will not reduce it really much, but that will not hurt yourself (too much) anymore each fire meaning less difficulties to shoot quicker with more accuracy. I only tried it on single shot, in proning position with all the time to enjoy my shots, and it hasn't been easy to shoot the target at 200m, even with the scope.

As a reference I shot with an MG42 on the hip, standing, managing burst with small pushes on the trigger. This machinegun doesn't have a big recoil, but it has a damn big rate of fire, big enough to let me see unexperienced shooters blowed on the ass after the first firing !
Contrary to what we could think, I'm not muscular, I'm just used to full auto rifles.

MP42 has a hard recoil, SIG SG552 has a good recoil, Desert Eagle 50. has a sudden fast and "little" hard recoil, Mauser has a well recoil, Beretta 93R in burst mode has an average recoil (but enormous for a civilian trained with BF92, 3rd bullet finishes in the ceiling), and is unhandable with a burst modified to full auto, as like a little burst glock...

BF92 (or US M9) and M1911 has low recoil and can be managed in rapid fire with one hand, as the UZI can full auto fire in one hand with a reasonable dispersion at 50m, like a M16 or a Famas can be easy fired on the hip, like some (big caliber) shooters can not realize they has already shot a bullet with a 22.lrf rifle...

In my opinion, the G3 is now more realistic than in the 0.6.
The munition of the M16 has been studied in another way to have a good "handable" recoil for any troops. The bullet is smaller and lighter. Add to this that you can find low powder charged munitions destinated to civil fun firing and it becomes easy to empty a clip in one round for my sister (or any pretty nice dreaming babe dressed in bikini ).

Sincerely (with respect)
Old 2008-01-08, 01:42   #18
Razick

@SoldierofFortune I dont know what you are thinking but combat engineers arent on call like some kind of ambulance. It will take them on average 2 hours if you were lucky enough to have them in your AO. And I mean the build guys not the demo guys. Also the stone bridges that are in qwai river wouldnt be so hard to disable; shit 5 pounds of comp B is enough to make it unpassable and the C4 in game is more like a block of dynamite. By the way the G3 kicks like a fucking mule compared to the .223. I would fire the M16 all day and not get more than a weary arm but the G3 on the other hand, 100 rounds of that badboy youd be sore for a week.
Old 2008-01-08, 03:52   #19
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razick View Post
@SoldierofFortune I dont know what you are thinking but combat engineers arent on call like some kind of ambulance. It will take them on average 2 hours if you were lucky enough to have them in your AO. And I mean the build guys not the demo guys. Also the stone bridges that are in qwai river wouldnt be so hard to disable; shit 5 pounds of comp B is enough to make it unpassable and the C4 in game is more like a block of dynamite. By the way the G3 kicks like a fucking mule compared to the .223. I would fire the M16 all day and not get more than a weary arm but the G3 on the other hand, 100 rounds of that badboy youd be sore for a week.
My point is that if they are going to make repairing a bridge more realistic, then you also need to make destorying a bridge more realistic, and right now, it is nowhere near realistic and totally imbalances the game because it is impossible to defend 2 bridges when you only have 32 people on your team which all have other roles to fill.

2 C4s on the middle of a bridge shouldn't be all that it takes to blow a bridge.

Quote:
Are you sure ? Or are you trained to ? Or simply have you ever tried ?

Because I tried one day this great gun. I'm very used to automatic rifles and more & more, like exotic elephant hunting rifle with really BIG recoil. So I can say you that the G3, despite of his damn good weight has a violent recoil that needs to be handle with a lot of training. That will not reduce it really much, but that will not hurt yourself (too much) anymore each fire meaning less difficulties to shoot quicker with more accuracy. I only tried it on single shot, in proning position with all the time to enjoy my shots, and it hasn't been easy to shoot the target at 200m, even with the scope.
I know the M16 like the back of my hand, though I cannot speak for the G3 or Sig.
Old 2008-01-08, 03:55   #20
Heskey

I tell you a good radio spam.

MISSLE AWAY
MISSLE AWAY
MISSLE AWAY
MISSLE AWAY
MISSLE AWAY
MISSLE AWAY
MISSLE AWAY
MISSLE AWAY
MISSLE AWAY