PR Changelogs The changelogs for recently released Project Reality versions

Closed Thread

Old 2022-04-03, 18:15   #11
shabz47
Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.7.1.0 Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
[*]Ras El Masri:
  • INS64: Fixed the bomb car having 27 hours spawn delay.
And i thought the extra 5 mins for spg tech was bad
Old 2022-04-03, 19:56   #12
Smol Shrum

New bleeding effect makes in unclear when you took damage. (especially when taking damage in small increments, as from the fire). Additionaly, it gives unfair advantage to people manipulating display gamma settings.

Mortar salvos are incredibly OP. Practical fire rate of mortars was tripled. Mortar team now basically does an area attack every 20 seconds.
Last edited by Smol Shrum; 2022-04-04 at 00:01..
Old 2022-04-03, 21:10   #13
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazer1 View Post
Help, crashes at this point of the update, tried 5 times. What to do?
Make sure you have enough space available to install updates.

If you do have enough space, make sure your anti-virus does not prevent the updater from accessing necessary files and directories

If you are unable to fix the issue, create a thread in the support section of the forums. Preferrably you should include updater logs located in:

Code:
%AppData%\Local\Project Reality\Project Reality BF2\UpdateLogs

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Old 2022-04-04, 09:59   #14
Grump/Gump.45
Exclamation Re: PR:BF2 v1.7.1.0 Changelog

Quote:
[*]Fixed watercontainer IED having too big trigger radius.
I found the water container trigger radius to be realistic. When I would explain to people "You don't need to touch it"... I told them, imagine you step on soft soil near the pressure plate, the 2 boards will press together if the soil compacts with pressure from your footsteps even off to the side of pressure plate. Could be even a slab of grass turf called Sod covering it.

This will cause slightly more TK now because that extra extension of less than a meter off the IED made people extra scared of it. The disturbed dirt represents the length of pressure plate board placed. Off to the side is still a viable way to set it off.

It was realistic the way it was. Even in non soft earth. If they tore up asphalt and placed it in the base aggregate of the road then re-tarred over it, mixing in gravel and grit to simulate age on the road with IEDs under it.

Pressure from the surface gravel slabs off the side with a 250 pound geared up soldier will set it off. Please change it back.

IRL cloth wraps the pressure boards to prevent dirt, rocks, tar or other things from getting between the boards making it a dud. Without a safety tar is gently poured over to fill hole then rocks mixed in. For a safety, surgical or clear plastic tubing with dense rope fed through it that goes between the boards that will collapse when you pull the dense rope out which its diameter that prevents setting off the charge. Tubing flush with the ground not protruding. Pull rope safety cord when ground is settled so the tubing collapses when pressure applied.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2022-04-04 at 20:30..
Old 2022-04-04, 11:37   #15
Grump/Gump.45
Exclamation Re: PR:BF2 v1.7.1.0 Changelog

Quote:
[*]Updated bleed effects to scale with amount of HP lost.
Hopefully this new bleeding system, where the screen gets darker will reduce carelessness of players who rush and die.

The black screen is annoying and that is why it will reduce deaths, it became my immediate goal to avoid getting hit at all in Project Reality 1000 times more important.

Love the new maps, I tested out a lot of the trees to get into, thank you DEVs

What would be really nice though, is if dropping down from the regular tree branches caused no damage to our dainty ankles. The Fall height from the easy to get into trees, the lowest kind should cause no damage, then the harder ones with less stable branch platform should cause no more than 2%.

Then while wearing body armor backed by soft armor or trauma pads plus outside gear, falling prone from that height should cause no damage or at most reduce some stamina. Would be nice if there could be a thud when we drop for comedic effect, like when we fall from really tall heights could use that little gear rattle sound that is already there.

Also there is a delay on some weapons from dropping once we hit the ground from a tree. Not when we jump that should stay, but when I drop from trees. With the pistol no noticed delay. It kind of messes up my knife though. Try and test it out.

2 little side notes.

1.) When I watched this Rambo scene over the years of playing Project Reality, I never thought I would get somebody by jumping down on to them from a tree. Thank you for the opportunity, lets expand upon it and let us climb trees with the E button.

2.) Please don't ever change the fact we can pull grenade pins, switch kits which is exactly putting grenade back in the pouch with spoon held down by being wedged in pouch. Its realistic way to booby trap loose enemy kits, so the pins are already pulled in the pouches. People already get banned if they do it to friendly, which is a sick thing to do.

But you never know when some enemy presses 5 on a kit I did it to and the grenade flies out the kit kills themselves. But I have hoped in the past mass TK on enemy was caused at a crate with enemy rifleman kits or others I tampered with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qAbehjBGQE&t=133s
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2022-04-04 at 11:44..
Old 2022-04-05, 02:44   #16
KianaKaslana
Post Re: PR:BF2 v1.7.1.0 Changelog

Just tell me how those Argentian decided to retire the SSG P1 to EMPLOY a fxxking WW2-era antique...
Last edited by KianaKaslana; 2022-04-18 at 08:44..
Old 2022-04-05, 08:42   #17
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KianaKaslana View Post
Just tell me how did those Argentian decide to retire the SSG P1 to EMPLOY a fxxking WW2-era antique...
The SSGP1 was only used by a couple of SF snipers, a much more commonly issued sniper rifle was the Mauser 1909 with a scope, which is very similar to the Kar98. The Falklands war was full of WW2 antiques, the L42A1 was basically just an upgraded No.4 rifle that had the exact same 3.5x scope used by snipers in WW2, the Bren was just an upgraded/modified version of the WW2 version, the Sterling SMG again was basically the same one used in WW2, the M3 Grease Gun again, used in WW2, the list goes on. The Falklands War was less than 40 years after WW2, modern armies have kit dating back at least that old even today, the British SA80, while heavily upgraded, its base design is almost 40 years old and no sign of that being retired for example.

The SSGP1 is still an alternative sniper kit for the Argies btw

Old 2022-04-08, 12:28   #18
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

PR:BF2 v1.7.1.1 Changelog (2022/04/08)
-----------------------

Coop:
  • Fixed UAV not working.

Factions:
  • Fixed Spotter STD kit in some Russian subfactions having an incorrect melee weapon.

Menu:
  • Updated bleed effect to start off less harsh.
  • Updated hit effect to show more red.
  • Added hit effect for vehicle taking damage.

Vehicles:
  • Decreased rearm speed of supply-depots.
  • Fixed Starstreak HVM proximity trigger issues.

Weapons:
  • Updated Colt 1911 textures.
  • Updated TT33 textures.
  • Decreased rate of fire of mortars (down to 20RPM from 30RPM).
  • Fixed US WW2 stationary MG having invisible machine gunner.
  • Fixed some grenades and mines having incorrect reload time.

Levels:
  • Ascheberg:
    • Removed visible flag pole.
    • AAS16: Removed heavy assets

• Korbach Offensive:
    • Added helipads to main bases.
    • AAS64:
      • Removed BMP-2 from town.
      • Removed 2 Russian rally points from town.
      • Increased Russian tank delay to 10 minutes.
      • Fixed missing bleed on last flag.
    • AAS128: Increased brightness.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Last edited by Suchar; 2022-04-08 at 13:34..
Old 2022-04-09, 01:49   #19
Grump/Gump.45
Post Re: PR:BF2 v1.7.1.0 Changelog

Quote:
Weapons:[List][*]Updated mortars to be able to shoot salvos of up to 5 shells before having to reload.[*]Updated hideouts to slowly generate supplies for rearming.[*]Updated automatic grenade launchers to be less accurate.[*]Updated all deployable emplacements to spawn without ammo.[*]Updated ammo loadout of deployable emplacements:[List][*]ATGM: 1 ready + 1 stowed - rearms 1 per bag[*]AAx2: 2 ready + 2 stowed - rearms 2 per bag[*]AAx1: 1 ready + 3 stowed - rearms 2 per bag[*]AA MG: 1 ready + 4 stowed - rearms 2 per bag[*]SPG: 1 ready + 2 stowed - rearms 1 per bag[*]MG: 1 ready + 4 stowed - rearms 2 per bag[*]Mortar: 5 ready + 5 stowed - rearms 2 per bag
After a few days of playing with this new set up... I realize this is just a personal attack directed at me for the FOBs I built... Yall gotta problem with me just slapping stuff down in a wide spread line ready to shoot right away huh? Which DEVs been under fire from my tactical instruction?

You can't deny my FOBs brought attention to this realism issue of actually having to load the ammo in. "How can we slow down Grump AND make the game more realistic?". Funny thing is it only slowed down the slow people. The ones who dig 6 guys on a FOB, then the TOW, then the AA and they are always bunched up. Instead the right way of 1 guy digging per thing so it gets done all at same time with no risk of getting blown up together by TOW, tank, CAS, mortar shell etc. While the medics grab rifleman kits as secondary just to throw ammo on the 4 assets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obDvw3CTDVg

Old 2022-04-09, 12:38   #20
Philrow
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
After a few days of playing with this new set up... I realize this is just a personal attack directed at me for the FOBs I built... Yall gotta problem with me just slapping stuff down in a wide spread line ready to shoot right away huh? Which DEVs been under fire from my tactical instruction?

You can't deny my FOBs brought attention to this realism issue of actually having to load the ammo in. "How can we slow down Grump AND make the game more realistic?". Funny thing is it only slowed down the slow people. The ones who dig 6 guys on a FOB, then the TOW, then the AA and they are always bunched up. Instead the right way of 1 guy digging per thing so it gets done all at same time with no risk of getting blown up together by TOW, tank, CAS, mortar shell etc. While the medics grab rifleman kits as secondary just to throw ammo on the 4 assets.

Closed Thread