project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

View Poll Results: Who in the PR community enjoys watching streams and would like to watch PR streams on
I watch streams of other games and would watch PR streams on a regular basis. 26 15.57%
I watch streams of other games but would not be interested in or would rarely watch PR Streams. 16 9.58%
I don't usually watch streams but would be interested in watching PR streams regularly. 22 13.17%
I don't usually watch streams but would be interested in watching PR streams once in a while. 62 37.13%
I don't enjoy watching streams at all. 41 24.55%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-11, 12:50   #11
killonsight95
Supporting Member

Default Re: Streaming Project Reality

What PR doesn't have is the ability for a good spectator set-up where you have a mini map so you can jump around to the action, the server PR-bots could be used for good streaming. It'd be more logical however to have Event highlights because of battlerecorder, that will attract more people, people would rather be playig for 30-45 mins rather than watching someone walking around for that time.
If we look at any popular streamed games, it's often League of Legends where if soemone is spectating it is easy to get to the action, the same applies to DoTA2

Old 2013-06-12, 15:27   #12
Onil
PR Tournament Management

I find it funny that so many people call PR a walking simulator. In fact DayZ is way more of a walking simulator than PR and the known streamers have between 1500 and 3000 viewers almost every night that they stream. But as it was said before, they are quite good at entertaining us even when they're just walking around. They fill the boring moments of the game with funny and sometimes interesting chatting with squad mates and the viewers that are in chat.

As I said before, I will consider streaming the next Survival Games Event for the ones that couldn't participate due to limited available slots and for the ones who want to take a peak at how the game-play is on our events.
Old 2013-06-12, 15:35   #13
Vista
PR Server License Administrator

I would be interested in watching PR streams, BUT streaming PR is kind of bad, because it can be used to ghost, that's why it should remain streamed during special events like the Survival Games.
Old 2013-06-12, 15:38   #14
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Realistically, you might average 10 or 12 kills per map. Over 90 minutes of gameplay.
Compared to the popular games on twich.tv where they might be killing 12 NPCs a minute.

Though, chatting with viewers would make the shovelling simulation a bit less tedious.

I'm not one to ask though, twitch.tv is a mysterious place, I can not fathom why people watch other people play video games.

Old 2013-06-12, 16:35   #15
KiloJules

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd View Post
Realistically, you might average 10 or 12 kills per map. Over 90 minutes of gameplay.
Disagreeing. The fun about PR lies in much more aspects than just only seeing a dude going down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]LITOralis.nMd View Post
I'm not one to ask though, twitch.tv is a mysterious place, I can not fathom why people watch other people play video games.
Agreeing. I don't even watch gameplay footage apart from...maybe getting impressions of a game I don't (yet) possess...let alone PR.
Old 2013-06-12, 17:26   #16
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

I loved db's gameplay vids.

I wouldn't watch a livestream though. I'd rather have the good rounds pre-filtered for me.

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2013-06-12, 20:08   #17
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistamaster01 View Post
I would be interested in watching PR streams, BUT streaming PR is kind of bad, because it can be used to ghost, that's why it should remain streamed during special events like the Survival Games.
TBH ghosting could also be done with firing up a secondary client placed in the Ins team if somebody would be really intend on doing that. Not to mention the odd instances when you get switched to the Insurgents for team balancing reasons(and then switched back because you were playing with some mates). All I'm saying is that if you REALLY intend on being a douche like that there are enough options other than Onil's stream.

As for him streaming, why not?

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Old 2013-06-13, 07:52   #18
Vicious302
Banned

Edited videos are what I'm going after, there is just no way I'm sitting through hours of game play footage. I just went out and bought a 2tb hard drive just to record fraps. 1080i takes up 3.95gb per 55-80 seconds so it's definitely needed for any serious videos.
Old 2013-06-13, 11:18   #19
[R-DEV]​UTurista
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Well this made me think, in 1st Person is much more enjoyable to watch edited videos in YouTube, but if we start doing events with 2 cameramen using PRbots and streaming it could be very entertaining aswell.

Dont question the wikipedia! Just because it reports different things on different languages does not make it unreliable source!
Old 2013-06-13, 11:24   #20
Spook
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious302 View Post
Edited videos are what I'm going after, there is just no way I'm sitting through hours of game play footage. I just went out and bought a 2tb hard drive just to record fraps. 1080i takes up 3.95gb per 55-80 seconds so it's definitely needed for any serious videos.
Don't use Fraps. Use a tool with an integrated encoder. Bandicam for example. Files will be much much smaller with no visible loss of quality. And FPS won't suffer from the encoder aswell. In fact bandicam runs better than Fraps on my machine for some reason

Sadly I had to stop recording because of FPS problems with my new Graphicscard. My GTX680 cannot handle PR+Bandicam on maps like Fallhuja or Ramiel. My old Radeon HD7870 did without problems...

Closed Thread

Tags
project, reality, streaming