project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2020-11-23, 09:19   #11
transpilot
Banned
Default Re: G3 Recoil

There are several issues with the G3.

The slow firerate doesnt allow to spray someone in close range.
The 20 rounds magazine.
The stronger caliber doesnt give you an advantage because you also need only 2 bullets to the legs with any 5.56 guns.

All the "hey but IRL the gun blabla" arguments dont work because its a game with its own mechanics.

But the biggest issue you get with the G3 is when hitreg, server, whatever eats 1 of your bullets why the enemy is just shooting 30 rounds within 2sec into you.

Solutions:

-Make deviation on G3 single fire accurate with each shot.
- 5.56 guns shouldnt 2 shot on legs
-fix the 800rpm issue
transpilot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-23, 09:34   #12
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Sadly we cannot fix the 800rpm issue. The engine can only use 900 or 600 rpm and 900 is closer to the real fire rate

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-23, 11:20   #13
T.E.D.F4257845
PR:BF2 QA Tester

Agree, Recoil should be reduced slightly. Right now it feels like they shoved the G3 in the hands of some random civi who has never handled a firearm before.

If you intend on keeping it, could we get a random ~5% chance that the dude firing the gun falls down or drops the gun due to the recoil?

"Never underestimate the power of BRDMs in large groups"
T.E.D.F4257845 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-23, 17:11   #14
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by transpilot View Post
-Make deviation on G3 single fire accurate with each shot.
Not possible, would mean automatic fire stays also fully accurate.

Quote:
- 5.56 guns shouldnt 2 shot on legs
I suggested the same.

Quote:
-fix the 800rpm issue
900 RPM weapons will always reign supreme in CQB. I have a slight improvement for this but the G3 is the wrong weapon to expect winning a CQB engagement with consistently.

Quote:
Agree, Recoil should be reduced slightly. Right now it feels like they shoved the G3 in the hands of some random civi who has never handled a firearm before.
It does kick a lot compared to the other firearms and the relationship between the different calibers of weapons stays consistent. Maybe you would like to present your full-auto accuracy with it at 25-50-100ms of distance?

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-23, 19:51   #15
Rabbit

Back down on recoil all weapons, add higher side to side recoil for high rof weapons profit.

Or get alon to hack and create ObjectTemplate.recoil (firemode)
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-23, 20:28   #16
qs-racer
Supporting Member

Added side to side recoil to high rate of fire weapon will make them too good: you don't need to aim good, they will splash the target within a second.

qs-racer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-23, 20:29   #17
Rabbit

til adding recoil makes guns better.....
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-23, 21:17   #18
T.E.D.F4257845
PR:BF2 QA Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
It does kick a lot compared to the other firearms and the relationship between the different calibers of weapons stays consistent. Maybe you would like to present your full-auto accuracy with it at 25-50-100ms of distance?
I never sayd anything about full auto. I meant the insane kickback on single shot mode. I've briefly used AK4 in the service which is basically a copy of it. Although packing a punch it never forced me to kick the damn barrel up in the sky after every shot like it does right now in PR. And now consider - someone like me, who handled it for couple of times could handle the recoil and the supposedly "trained" MEC soldier can't do it?
I'm not asking to turn it into a laser rifle, just reduce the recoil enough that it feels like it's being handled by a competent military person.

"Never underestimate the power of BRDMs in large groups"
T.E.D.F4257845 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-24, 02:29   #19
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.E.D.F4257845 View Post
I never sayd anything about full auto. I meant the insane kickback on single shot mode. I've briefly used AK4 in the service which is basically a copy of it. Although packing a punch it never forced me to kick the damn barrel up in the sky after every shot like it does right now in PR. And now consider - someone like me, who handled it for couple of times could handle the recoil and the supposedly "trained" MEC soldier can't do it?
I'm not asking to turn it into a laser rifle, just reduce the recoil enough that it feels like it's being handled by a competent military person.
As much as I already like the G3, I gotta agree with TED here who is speaking from experience. The single shot recoil does feel like a bit much for a trained MEC soldier.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
BigBigMonkeyMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-24, 06:12   #20
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

As you should be aware by now, we can't do separate recoil patterns for the firing modes unless you want full auto version to be its own, separate weapon slot, which you don't, so no actual solution is possible unless Alon finds a way to make it so.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote