project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2018-06-05, 07:42   #11
DogACTUAL

Default Re: Type 21 Frigate hype thread

I am also looking forward to using the ship for another reason, to use all the navy terminology i learned from the extremely realistic and patriotic, micheal bay produced TNT show 'The Last Ship'.

Can't wait to tryhard pretend to be an officer in the CIC, screaming 'vampire inbound!' or 'bird away' etc.
This shit is going to be just great!
Old 2018-06-05, 15:05   #12
VTRaptor

Currently you can sink cargo ship if you kamikaze it with enough speed. Sacrifice of one 5 minutes Mirage would be the best option to destroy frigate.

Consider this.
Old 2018-06-05, 17:13   #13
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRaptor View Post
Currently you can sink cargo ship if you kamikaze it with enough speed. Sacrifice of one 5 minutes Mirage would be the best option to destroy frigate.

Consider this.
Planning to make it so kamikazes do a lot less damage to ships in the release with the Frigate so it would take more than its worth to destroy it though kamikazes.

Old 2018-06-05, 19:11   #14
DogACTUAL

Engaging jets with the ACLOS SeaCat must look funny, seeing the missile slowly creep up towards the butt of the faster jets all by itself.
Old 2018-06-27, 01:26   #15
Anthony817
BF Korea Developer

Wow can't believe I am just now seeing this! Great work Rhino! So you got a Helicopter to spawn on the back and it appears to stay on for the most part. Hoping we can have ships like that in my BF1944 mod. FH2 CMP has a lot of stuff they have shared with us, but those aircraft carriers are just one of the things that seem to be a huge limitation in the BF2 engine.
Old 2018-06-27, 07:26   #16
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Cheers, ye, just using a hold spawn works pretty well (also worth noting in that Exocet video on the last page the hold spawn was broken by the explosions happening around the ship, why the chopper is jiggling about on the flight deck hehe. With the hold spawn intact it stays with the ship until a player fires up the engine), which should work for a carrier too but having a plane do a rolling takeoff and landing, that might be tricky, especially the landing but guess you will have the fly over to reload?

Last edited by Rhino; 2018-06-27 at 07:36..
Old 2018-06-27, 11:11   #17
mries
Supporting Member

Excuse my ignorance, I remember that the Norwegian faction was also working on some sort of vessels. Are/were those relatable to what you are doing Rhino? If these files still exist, could these also be used on maps like Saareema or Pavlosk. Just wondering if those Norwegian stuff is similar to this project. Keep up the good work!

Old 2018-06-27, 18:36   #18
Anthony817
BF Korea Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
With the hold spawn intact it stays with the ship until a player fires up the engine), which should work for a carrier too but having a plane do a rolling takeoff and landing, that might be tricky, especially the landing but guess you will have the fly over to reload?
Yeah it would have to work pretty much like it does in BF1942, my BF1944 mod is basically just an HD remake of 1942 in the BF2 engine so we are trying to stick with the original formula just with a little less arcade feeling, so semi-realistic like realistic bullet projectiles, damage and bullet deviation as well as giving tanks and aircraft weight to them to feel less like paper tanks and planes that are in vanilla BF2 or 1942.

But I showed General_Bradly this thread and I am eager to see what he thinks about this method. Perhaps he can get our aircraft carriers working online after all?
Old 2018-06-27, 19:55   #19
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mries View Post
Excuse my ignorance, I remember that the Norwegian faction was also working on some sort of vessels. Are/were those relatable to what you are doing Rhino? If these files still exist, could these also be used on maps like Saareema or Pavlosk. Just wondering if those Norwegian stuff is similar to this project. Keep up the good work!
All I can remember was some small patrol boat? Which if so then not really, would be more relatable to the Swiftboat you see on Charlie's Point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony817 View Post
But I showed General_Bradly this thread and I am eager to see what he thinks about this method. Perhaps he can get our aircraft carriers working online after all?
Ye, can send over my Frigate if you need to take a closer look at its inner workings but ye, if landing isn't something players are really going to do I don't see why it shouldn't work. Best to just make a really basic carrier (ie, a floating box with a flat top) and test the basic concept out on that. What I did originally with this Frigate to test its basic concept (was mainly testing the basic gameplay concept behind it more than anything thou but also if something of its size etc could work) and had a really basic blocked out Frigate with the MIM-23 SAM shoved on the back and some M167 AAA guns shoved on the sides etc hehe.

Old 2018-06-28, 02:05   #20
Anthony817
BF Korea Developer

Yeah, no real point to landing as we are still kinda keeping it leaning more towards arcade than Mil-sim but yeah that sounds like it should work well.

Tags
frigate, hype, thread, type