project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
13 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2021-05-24, 12:48   #11
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: Can't spawn on captured flags in co-op

Because its in a zip, and windows does not support editing files in a zip.

I have answered you in another thread. Don't waste your time modding if you don't want to do modding. Use the debug functions.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-24, 17:29   #12
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator_Max1993 View Post
ok FINALLY found it (sorry i was so impatient)
so i'm editing the objecttemplate for Assault On Grozny

and for some reason i can't edit the numbers on the files

"cannot replace text, the current document is read only"
Get a better .zip editor then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
Open this with a .zip editor, pictured is WinRAR.

Also shown, Notepad++ https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-24, 20:32   #13
Operator_Max1993
Default Re: how to spawn in other flags

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
The post I linked you to in my previous reply contains steps and pics on how you can find this file in a level folder and edit the game to spawn on captured flags, but then you will no longer be able to play online with these modified files, of course.

You change a value relating to a particular spawn point inside the level files, shown in my reply in that linked thread.

@Mods - Apologies, I see that this is in general discussion, was not my intent to answer a modding question in an area of the forums not dedicated to modding - I had not noticed the forum category, my bad - was just trying to point OP in the right direct to find the info he requested, and turns out that he was the person I originally responded to with the step-by-step instructions. "You can lead a horse to water..." they say

i have found out that i can use 7Zip to edit the files
so Assault On Grozny and i'm on gpm_coop

uhm

which numbers 16, 32 or 64
what do these mean and which file do i edit ?
Operator_Max1993 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-26, 18:13   #14
[R-CON]​LangMaster
PR:BF2 Contributor

Every map has it's own files.
The ones you are looking for is server.zip > gamemodes > (now it depends on what gamemode you play, i suppose you play with bots as you said offline earlier, so open coop) > (you will now see folder with number 16 32 64 128, it is a layer number 16 is infantry, 32 alternative, 64 standart, 128 large, you pick your layer what do you like to play some maps may not or have those layers) > gameplayobjects.con (can be opened with basic notepad)

Now i do recommend clicking in the upper left corner on EDIT and then FIND and paste this >

rem ********** Spawn Points **********

Into the search bar, it should put you into where the spawn points are located in the file.
As you can see there is plenty of spawnpoints, you can see their names and sometimes you can read from where the spawn point is located from the name it self.

We usually keep main bases to be spawnable so they don't contain the line that limits not being able to spawn in on other flags, if you scroll further i am sure you will find spawn points that contain this line.

ObjectTemplate.setOnlyForAI 1

It means that the spawn point is there, every flag has usually a spawn point it is just tagged as only for bots, if you remove this line the spawn point will be spawnable once you have the flag captured.

IF YOU SAVE THE FILE THESE CHANGES WILL BE ABLE TO ONLY BE PLAYED WHILE BEING OFFLINE- IF YOU PLAY ONLINE AS WELL I RECOMMEND BACKING UP THE ORIGINAL MAP FILES BEFORE EDITING SINCE THE GAME WONT LET YOU PLAY ONLINE WITH EDITED FILES.

Last edited by LangMaster; 2021-07-17 at 11:44..
Old 2021-07-05, 00:22   #15
Operator_Max1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by LangMaster View Post
Every map has it's own files.
The ones you are looking for is server.zip > gamemodes > (now it depends on what gamemode you play, i suppose you play with bots as you said offline earlier, so open coop) > (you will now see folder with number 16 32 64 128, it is a layer number 16 is infantry, 32 alternative, 64 standart, 128 large, you pick your layer what do you like to play some maps may not or have those layers) > gameplayobjects.con (can be opened with basic notepad)

Now i do recommend clicking in the upper left corner on EDIT and then FIND and paste this >

rem ********** Spawn Points **********

Into the search bar, it should put you into where the spawn points are located in the file.
As you can see there is plenty of spawnpoints, you can see their names and sometimes you can read from where the spawn point is located from the name it self.

We usually keep main bases to be spawnable so they don't contain the line that limits not being able to spawn in on other flags, if you scroll further i am sure you will find spawn points that contain this line.

ObjectTemplate.setOnlyForAI 1

It means that the spawn point is there, every flag has usually a spawn point it is just tagged as only for bots, if you remove this line the spawn point will be spawnable once you have the flag captured.

IF YOU SAVE THE FILE THESE CHANGED WILL BE ABLE TO ONLY BE PLAYED WHILE BEING OFFLINE- IF YOU PLAY ONLINE AS WELL I RECOMMEND BACKING UP THE ORIGINAL MAP FILES BEFORE EDITING SINCE THE GAME WONT LET YOU PLAY ONLINE WITH EDITED FILES.

thank you i was really confused
and sorry for not responding, i was on a really long hiatus and also had to uninstall due to very low data
Old 2021-07-10, 22:49   #16
[R-CON]​LangMaster
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator_Max1993 View Post
thank you i was really confused
and sorry for not responding, i was on a really long hiatus and also had to uninstall due to very low data
No worries, though i do recommend first to work with the editor it self, but sometimes it is way quicker to do stuff in notepad for small bugs or issues since it loads quicker.

LangMaster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-15, 23:39   #17
Operator_Max1993

alright thanks for the info
also have a nice day man
Old 2021-09-19, 17:09   #18
Michael Z Freeman

Or just play in a squad but not as squad leader if you want to stay in the action by using the squad leader spawn point.
Michael Z Freeman is offline Reply With Quote