project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 2017-02-26, 13:14   #11
Raklodder
Supporting Member

Default Re: SONY VEGAS USERS -> DISABLE RESAMPLE

It always hits me halfway into rendering a video.
Raklodder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-23, 11:07   #12
Drake111

Yeah, definitely! Once it happened with me... I just started to play the game and when I have noticed that I got on my screen a ghosting effect... It was an annoying fact... and then I tried to find a right way to fix this frame ghosting in Sony Vegas...
So, this resource was the most helpful for me:

Eventually, I can enjoy any game without any graphics issues.
Does anyone know another way to solve this problem?
Thanks)
Last edited by AlonTavor; 2018-07-23 at 15:07.. Reason: Probable blog-spam
Old 2018-07-23, 14:48   #13
WeeGeez
Supporting Member

Such features resemble bloatware in a sense.

Resampling exists in digital audio aswell.
I'm a huge advocate of sampling audio at one rate, preferably one high enough that makes digital filtering not nessesary and then to play back at that native rate. It can be done but its less known and not taught in colleges etc mainly because its more economically viable to do otherwise, aka 'oversample / decimate' (everyone's bought into it, IC, digi audio interface companies and consumers / semi pro users alike).
Its not to say decimation isn't useful, it is. However that 'is' was over 20years ago when data economies and capacities of digital mediums were prohibitive. I can't belive that, even in 2010 the general consensus was to still decimate everything, that approach is outdated and invalid today. (outwith mobile networks i.e. mu law coding). 44.1 is comparable to walking around with a brick mobile phone from the 90s. Would you do it?
I think the industry should have stopped at 20bit (advancing from 16) and shoud have promoted higher sampling rates instead (in turn it simplifies the overall quantization process (quantization = snapshots + storing) in terms of filtering.
Alas, HDCD did exactly this, but it was a commercial failure, overshadowed by the prevalence of mp3 sharing.

What i'm saying is its possible to convey video and audio without digital filtration and that its much simpler this way but nobody in any industry i'm aware of seems to 'get it' or express the idea, instead continue down 'the way we've always done it', in turn needlessly complicating the in-through-out process with extra steps such as resampling. (as if digital wasn't complex enough).

Obviously due to the intensity of the therory that surrounds resampling and algorithms (unless they copied and pasted chunks of code, which many do) you'll find alot of people will contest this view above because they themselves spent many years crunching maths for their diploma just so to prove they can do it and./or have themselves spent numerous thousands of $ on some ADC at one point in the past or present (Seriously) - so its understandable and only a natural reaction.

One of those when you have a hammer everything looks like a nail scenarios.

Annoys me so much that sales / hifi people try to push the notion that a $100 usb cable can improve sound but miss out more important facts, i.e. the degenerations that potentially exist and add up incrementally every-time a process is applied to the digital media that will pass through the usb cable. The idea that digital manipulation is flawless is what leads to so much oversight and lack of care. ironically. the magic computer fixes all.

Have you ever looked through options in Vegas? all those tick boxes? What could possibly go wrong eh. I had it installed briefly for about a month many years ago and I still have vivid, almost PTSD-like thoughts of it.
Thats one thing my neighbor made obvious to me about MAC, although I don't like apple as company, they do a good job at keep settings out of reach or to a minimum, leaving the pro's / mutlimedia / creative folk to get on with their work resulting in streamlined workflow that facilitates better results. (as opposed to spending hours tweaking). In the cae of vegas with its oversampling, due the ambiguous nature of DSP, its on by default. Someone worked hard on the code in order to satisfy what his boss thinks his purpose is, to stay on pay roll and ultimately pay off his mortgage (lol).

Care (if taken) in digital processing has more influence on final presentation than trivial matters like a USB connection. Because professions like photography, film and recording are becoming more accessible, amateurs and dabblers more prominent, such silly ideas are used as a marketing advantage to lure them. The tiniest stupidest differences blown out of proportion (in terms of relative importance) while neglecting other more important things. The whole reason detre of digital is/was signal integrity. All usb cables are thew same god damn it.

The main problem I feel in the education of such topics is there isn't enough 'width' and too much depth, also known as Inter and intra-discipline. Losing sight of relative importance is natural due to the level of mathematics in them. People get good at one specific skill so much so they don't think out the box (because what thye know asks of them enough as it is), and so even the slightest intention to apply the same level of ferocity to another skill, proves impossible. An alternative to the intra-discipline approach is to get a brief understanding of many topics and to cross combine them. This approach equally important yet is under estimated unfortunately.

Sorry if I went a bit off track :P

Cheap computer build / fast track upgrade for slow computer for PR > Guide
Last edited by WeeGeez; 2018-07-23 at 17:50..
Old 2018-07-23, 15:09   #14
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake111 View Post
Yeah, definitely! Once it happened with me... I just started to play the game and when I have noticed that I got on my screen a ghosting effect... It was an annoying fact... and then I tried to find a right way to fix this frame ghosting in Sony Vegas...
So, this resource was the most helpful for me:

Eventually, I can enjoy any game without any graphics issues.
Does anyone know another way to solve this problem?
Thanks)
I'm very sorry if I'm wrong, but you seem like a "blog spammer". I've removed the link.
If it really is the case, know that we probably have more active mods than players, you're really better off spamming somewhere else)
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
&gt, >, disable, poxo is ghey, resample, sony, users, vegas