project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2010-07-09, 10:28   #11
Fresz
Default Re: Kit for TOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushn View Post
i don't find the tow OP i mean the person manning it is in limited cover and cannot move all you have to do is just snipe him from a concealed position and be smart by not running in the open

but that's just my opinion
Go away with that ! ! ! Limited cover... Last time I got owned by TOW in LAV25 was on jabal, shoting at the man with HE rounds and I did see that they are exploding right at him and nothing...... I belive that he was heavly injured but comeon he should be down just after first shot...
Fresz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 13:27   #12
killonsight95
Supporting Member

yeah TOW's should be heavly nerfed, maybe something along thses lines:
- TOW ammo reduced from 9 to 3-4
- You cannont shoot/man the TOW if you have been revived within the past 2 mins
- You cannot shoot/man the TOW if you are below 60-70% health
- TOW's when destroyed should cost 2-3 tickets to represent the equipment lost/ if rebuilding for ammo then ammo lost

If the last is done then AA's should be the same along with HAT kits if killed/kit dissapears from gameworld you loose 2 tickets for the HAt kit and 2-3 for AA emplacement.
killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 17:06   #13
Amir
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by placiddavid View Post
how the hell do you carry a tow around? Wouldnt it be on a tripod?
A kit FOR the TOW is not a kit WITH a TOW

And btw; I don't know, and it seems like you guys also don't know what you want in PR. I've seen this topic about removing sniperkit,etc.. and alot of people said it should be done. Now someone said "blabla; you can be easily shot down on a TOW with a sniper.."

Then I see this topic about "hurr durr people abusing TOW against inf."
Now, when I suggest a something good for it, you guys saying that it is not needed.

Where's the logic ?

Double post merged, writing re-sized. - Jigsaw
Last edited by Jigsaw; 2010-07-09 at 17:21.. Reason: x2
Old 2010-07-09, 17:13   #14
ryan d ale

I like your thinking Amir.

Too bad most people didn't really read what you said and took the thread title literally.

Nerfing the ammo or making a special kit to use it do present solutions...which is a good thing!

Reducing ammo count would seem more effective though (in my opinion).
ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 17:43   #15
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

Well I'm pretty sure Rhino has already said they're looking at rebalancing the TOWs, so it's a sort of moot point until we see what the devs have decided to do for 0.92/0.95 (or whatever the next release is).
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 00:29   #16
Ford_Jam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir View Post
A kit FOR the TOW is not a kit WITH a TOW

And btw; I don't know, and it seems like you guys also don't know what you want in PR. I've seen this topic about removing sniperkit,etc.. and alot of people said it should be done. Now someone said "blabla; you can be easily shot down on a TOW with a sniper.."

Then I see this topic about "hurr durr people abusing TOW against inf."
Now, when I suggest a something good for it, you guys saying that it is not needed.

Where's the logic ?
Noone said you have to have a sniper to kill the guy manning the TOW
Hell you could knife him if you want. I've seen some pretty rubbish people on TOW launchers.
Ford_Jam is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 00:47   #17
BlackwaterSaxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Jam View Post
Noone said you have to have a sniper to kill the guy manning the TOW
Hell you could knife him if you want. I've seen some pretty rubbish people on TOW launchers.
I think his main point was the fact that people whine about kits, and upon a decent solution being suggested, shoot it down immediately.

I like the idea of having to have a specific kit to man the TOW, would encourage people to choose whether or not they want to stay at the FOB for defense, or move forward with their squad, since being able to switch between the two wont be possible.
BlackwaterSaxon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 01:07   #18
Looy

I quite like this idea. May as well make a "Gunner" kit that can operate the TOWs and, when they are released, the mortars.
Looy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 01:13   #19
goguapsy

I agree with this. Maybe 4 limited kits with 5 minutes gap (so if someone dies while manning the TOW, that TOW will be innoperable for the next 5 minutes (unless you have another TOW Operator nearby...)
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 14:42   #20
Scared_420

how about a kit to actually build the TOW, this way you wont have a whole squad camping the FOB (not a bad thing) and the dedicated squad that has to build it will stay with it, it will avoid the needless placements of tows in remote areas and keep it where it needs to be in the front
Scared_420 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
kit, tow