project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
27 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2015-03-02, 22:15   #11
Navo
Default re: [Map] Ulungur Dam (4km) [WIP]

Ah, I see. Thanks
Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 16:58   #12
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

Did some work on the eastern lakeside town, here's a little teaser pic!

I'm also thinking of adding some more flags to allow for three seperate cap routes: western mountains, central marshlands and eastern (sub)urbia.

"God will strike him down when he checks his email and sees young Fighter has turd burgling tendancies. Could you imagine going to church knowing your son takes it up the wrong 'un?" - [R-Dev]Gaz on 'Fighter137'
Jedimushroom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 17:17   #13
Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimushroom View Post
Did some work on the eastern lakeside town, here's a little teaser pic!

I'm also thinking of adding some more flags to allow for three seperate cap routes: western mountains, central marshlands and eastern (sub)urbia.
seems like you have some undergrowth inside that afghan village house there, and also your grass is way to tall, if you lay down the enemy can see you at a distace but you cant see them back, providing so much pain and suffering to the gameplay
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 17:25   #14
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
seems like you have some undergrowth inside that afghan village house there, and also your grass is way to tall, if you lay down the enemy can see you at a distace but you cant see them back, providing so much pain and suffering to the gameplay
Amusingly enough, I noticed both of those things shortly after posting this image! The undergrowth is by no means final, I just added it to give a little flavour to the image.

"God will strike him down when he checks his email and sees young Fighter has turd burgling tendancies. Could you imagine going to church knowing your son takes it up the wrong 'un?" - [R-Dev]Gaz on 'Fighter137'
Old 2015-03-03, 18:40   #15
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

Little peekaroni of the chinese staging area:

EDIT: Touched up some lighting settings.

Last edited by Jedimushroom; 2015-03-03 at 19:51..
Old 2015-03-04, 07:44   #16
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

i would not use those Amored Fury statics, they do load a completly different texture pallet

Amok@ndy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 07:57   #17
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...rsections.html

Also you should put up some HESCO or something around the staging area since they wouldn't put up a load of tents and porta cabins etc without putting up basic defences first.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 09:24   #18
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Also you should put up some HESCO or something around the staging area since they wouldn't put up a load of tents and porta cabins etc without putting up basic defences first.
Yeah you're probably right, I just wanted to make it visually distinct from the MEC main.

As regards the intersections, I know how to put them on, but I'm saving it for when I'm confident about the road placement, since they're a little more irritating to re-align.

Also, is it a problem that I'm using the Armoured Fury statics at all, or is it only bad if I just use a couple? Because I have quite a few in the map now and it won't be easy to find replacements.

EDIT: By the way, it's a pity about the dead image links in that tutorial, Rhino, it certainly was trickier to follow!

Last edited by Jedimushroom; 2015-03-04 at 09:30..
Old 2015-03-04, 09:37   #19
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Yeah you're probably right, I just wanted to make it visually distinct from the MEC main.
Ye, you could just do sand banks around the outskirts with razor wire on top or something else if you want a different kinda defence around the outside

Quote:
As regards the intersections, I know how to put them on, but I'm saving it for when I'm confident about the road placement, since they're a little more irritating to re-align.

EDIT: Pity about the dead image links in that tutorial, Rhino, it certainly was trickier to follow!
Ye, I know what you mean but its actually easier in the long run to do your intersections first since otherwise you have to totally rework your road system later

As per the Tut, although ye, damn ImgShk lost all the pics, for Muttrah and how I would advise others to do their map's road system is to pre plan it, ideally with painting them down on a temp colour map and then put the intersections in the spots you want them, will save a hell of a lot of work later:

Quote:
Also, is it a problem that I'm using the Armoured Fury statics at all, or is it only bad if I just use a couple? Because I have quite a few in the map now and it won't be easy to find replacements.
Their main issue is mainly quality but if your using a bunch then it shouldn't be too bad. No worse than using a load of ME statics.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 19:50   #20
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

Thanks for all your help Rhino. One more thing, I'm looking for the wooden bulwarks that are featured on several maps, for instance they surround the AT guns on Fools Road, but I cannot find them for the life of me! Do you know what they are called?

Tags
4km, dam, map, temp, title, ughur, ulungur, wip