project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2007
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-15, 15:57   #11
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Yet again i wanna make love to PR DEV's...
Old 2007-12-15, 16:22   #12
hall0

Ok how i understand this changes we will in 0,7 nearly the same spotting system have like in FH2.
The problem here will be that we will have a lot of teamkills in 0,7 because we dont have the chance to identify the enemy.
So I´m just waiting for threads like this "Just teamkills and this destroye the mod..."
Old 2007-12-15, 16:43   #13
arneboe

well.. maybe there will be a little more teamkills right after 0.7 is released, but when people figure out how to "play again" it will proboably return to normal.. I really like the idea!
Old 2007-12-15, 16:52   #14
dbzao
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

The spotting system is not the reason of the TKs in FH2. The reason are players not used to the lack of nametags at distance. That was the same problem in PR when we did it 4 releases ago and will remain the same for newcomers on this one.
Old 2007-12-15, 17:26   #15
hall0

I don´t say that this is the reason of the teamkills in FH2, we tested it for month and we didn´t have so much teamkills. Many of the teamkills at the moment are just nobish sounds hard but it´s so.
But back to topic. PR isn´t FH2. In PR we fight on other distances and lots of uniforms looking similar thats why the spotting system is the only effective system to differ friend and enemy.
Old 2007-12-15, 17:55   #16
Clypp

I'm a little confused. Can infantry spot vehicles only? Or can vehicles and SLs spot vehicles only and nobody can spot infantry?
Old 2007-12-15, 18:35   #17
hall0

How i understand this everyone can spot everything but just the SL can spot like in 0,6 so that everyone can see it on the minimap. The other guys also spot enemys but it isnt show at the minimap you just hear a sound like "enemy ... spotted"
Old 2007-12-15, 18:55   #18
SethLive!
Supporting Member

i like the changes but i think anyone should be able to right click and spot like the sl.

Someone please tell me that the above is irony.
Or I'll rip my own eyes out with a sardine.
-[R-Mod] Masaq
Old 2007-12-15, 18:59   #19
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Actually, can we keep the moving red dot infantry spotting, but make it squad internal? Because if you're in a tank and someone else in your squad, who's also in a tank, spots something, he won't jump out of the hatch and shout "Yo, enemy sniper spotted over there!"

Old 2007-12-15, 19:11   #20
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

yes hallo right

the ONLY time something will be auto-spotted and tracks is when your in a vehicle, spotting OTHER vehicles.
Closed Thread

Tags
gameplay, spotting, system