project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-02-15, 00:22   #11
Jonathan_Archer_nx01
Default Re: M-16 Accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00SoldierofFortune00 View Post
I agree. The M16 is one of the easiest weapons to fire IRL, but it is garbage ingame compared to every other weapon. The weapon also has a problem of not registering. No joke, I have seen guys shot 3-4 times from mediun to long range and not go down, even in the head. At least make it a little more accurate than the G3, so when someone does get a headshot and it doesn't register, the next shot will take them down instead of the 3 or 4th etc.
hahaha, I lol'd.

In this release, I actually prefer M's 3 rounds burst over standard full auto assault rifles so I always drop my gun for M16/M4.

They also have less recoil than any other rifle while accuracy is identical for all of them. The end.
Old 2009-02-15, 00:28   #12
Tirak

On the topic, why does it seem like the M-16/M-4 with ACOG always seem to fire slightly to the left?
Old 2009-02-15, 00:30   #13
Jonathan_Archer_nx01

btw. I don't think that M16 should be noticeably more accurate than G3, but it should definetely be more accurate than the AK-47. And for some reason probably only known by God, it isn't.
Old 2009-02-15, 04:39   #14
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Archer_nx01 View Post
hahaha, I lol'd.

In this release, I actually prefer M's 3 rounds burst over standard full auto assault rifles so I always drop my gun for M16/M4.

They also have less recoil than any other rifle while accuracy is identical for all of them. The end.
The QBZ is probably the best weapon assault rifle in the game. The 3 round burst on the
M16 is actually pretty good in CQB, but that is only at real close CQB as the spread gets too much after that. But the accuracy of the QBZ on full auto stays dead accurate even after you fire 20 shots.
Old 2009-02-15, 11:56   #15
Jonathan_Archer_nx01

Quote:
The QBZ is probably the best weapon assault rifle in the game. The 3 round burst on the
M16 is actually pretty good in CQB, but that is only at real close CQB as the spread gets too much after that. But the accuracy of the QBZ on full auto stays dead accurate even after you fire 20 shots.
Ummm...no. They're exactly the same. QBZ has more recoil tho.

QBZ

Quote:
ObjectTemplate.recoil.recoilForceUp CRD_UNIFORM/2.1/2.1/0
ObjectTemplate.recoil.recoilForceLeftRight CRD_UNIFORM/-1/1/1
ObjectTemplate.recoil.zoomModifier 0.6

ObjectTemplate.deviation.minDev .333
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setFireDev 1.4 .7 .023
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setTurnDev 2 .15 .15 .05
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setSpeedDev 3 1 1 .02
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setMiscDev 5 5 .05
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModStand 1.5
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModCrouch 1.0
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModLie 0.9
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModZoom .3

M16

Quote:
ObjectTemplate.recoil.recoilForceUp CRD_UNIFORM/1.8/1.8/0
ObjectTemplate.recoil.recoilForceLeftRight CRD_UNIFORM/-1/1/1
ObjectTemplate.recoil.zoomModifier 0.6

ObjectTemplate.deviation.minDev .333
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setFireDev 1.4 .7 .023
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setTurnDev 2 .15 .15 .05
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setSpeedDev 3 1 1 .02
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setMiscDev 5 5 .05
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModStand 1.5
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModCrouch 1.0
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModLie 0.9
ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModZoom .3
Old 2009-02-15, 14:13   #16
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Archer_nx01 View Post
Ummm...no. They're exactly the same. QBZ has more recoil tho.

QBZ

M16

LOL, you can go by that all you want, but ingame, it is a completely different story. The full auto of the QBZ is faster and stays more accurate after sustained fire. Ask anyone who plays this game. And ask them which one they think is more accurate out of the G3 and M16 and they will say G3 is more accurate, even though you claim they have the same deviation.
Old 2009-02-15, 16:50   #17
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Quote:
LOL, you can go by that all you want, but ingame, it is a completely different story. The full auto of the QBZ is faster and stays more accurate after sustained fire. Ask anyone who plays this game. And ask them which one they think is more accurate out of the G3 and M16 and they will say G3 is more accurate, even though you claim they have the same deviation.
It comes down to the optic its self the G3 optic is a very very slim line with a ^ tip

this is very very accurate at long range as the optic is not bigger then the targets head at long range.

The M16/M4 optic is a big & thick ^ and is bigger then the target at long range there for lining up a target at long range is much harder.

Simple fix make the M16/M4 ^ smaller much smaller then it will be much more accurate.

the " ^ " stand for the triangle in the scope's

the QBZ is a small + that blocks view but you can see where it is on the target better this helps in full Auto as the thin lines in the + gives you a very good field of view on what your aiming at.

out of theses guns scopes the best for head sniping is.

G3
QBZ
M16/M4 as they use the same scope.

it should be

M16
G3
QBZ
M4

this is a good idea of how small it should be. photo from arma.

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
Last edited by R.J.Travis; 2009-02-15 at 17:06..
Old 2009-02-16, 10:01   #18
Jonathan_Archer_nx01

Quote:
LOL, technically, it's impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J.Travis View Post
800 meters? What exactly does that mean?

EDIT: I mean, which object is 800 meters away?
Last edited by Jonathan_Archer_nx01; 2009-02-16 at 10:45..
Old 2009-02-16, 10:13   #19
Riflewizard

A general improvement in all the guns would be changing the rear sight back to the 2d-fuzziness of regular bf2.. the current defined 3-D stuff is unrealistic and takes away some of your FOV.
Old 2009-02-16, 10:44   #20
Jonathan_Archer_nx01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riflewizard View Post
A general improvement in all the guns would be changing the rear sight back to the 2d-fuzziness of regular bf2.. the current defined 3-D stuff is unrealistic and takes away some of your FOV.
No, no, no...NO bitmaps.

Tags
accuracy, m16