project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2020-05-20, 17:08   #11
Coalz101
Default Re: Let everyone drag bodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastjack View Post
Sniper is mostly a lonewolf kit in deployment and have mostly no medic in the squad, so why giving him the abilty to drag?

The Spotter assisting the Sniper and have no epipen so why give him dragging body feature?

About weaponslots:

There are restrictions and you cannot add simply a dragging weapon to the kit. It has to be in the correct idx and when its in a wrong idx the game crashs. You can make multiple clones of dragging Body weapon with different itemindexes but than you willl maybe lose another weapon of your kit.

You will lose at least the knife, or shovel or another important keyfeature of the kit.

I wasn't looking at it with such depth about the weaponslots (Those kits I listed often don't have weapons for 2 slots.

I just made the suggestion on kits that may beable to have the dragging ability due to their weapon slots and the amount of equipment they carry. It'd be unrealistic if a breacher/ar/mg/lat etc can carry someone when they have a ton of ammo and shit to hold.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-20, 17:11   #12
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesh_italiano View Post
Why?

Every kit that has one free weapon slot should have body dragging, including crewman and pilot kits.
Those guys should also beable to drag because they barely carry any equipment.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-20, 17:37   #13
[R-CON]​Fastjack
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Those guys should also beable to drag because they barely carry any equipment
Agree but than the question comes up why a pilot is in the middle of a map and dragging wounded soldiers?
Shouldn't he supposed to be in a chopper seat?
A crashed chopper crew scenario is the only reason why a pilot is not in his cockpit seat but who gonna be revive the guy that got dragged?

Crewman, sure, should have it due to weight of equipment but would you leave your driver or gunner position to drag a body? Also, many apc's give you the ability to request kits from it. If you can request the medic kit, would it make sense to give dragging to the crewman kit?

Isn't that a step backward? Why the Devs implemented the pilot and crewman kit system?
Why we have the restrictions that a medic cannot fly a chopper or drive a tank?

Wasn't it made to give each kit a important unique role?
Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-20, 18:46   #14
Redline.ss

A quick look through the kits and it seems most kits have 7 or fewer slots being used, the max being 8 ( i think). So it seems most kits have room for dragging.

There's one thing all kits have that i think the 8 slot kits could live without, melee. I only see two real uses being the rare stabbing of a totally oblivious player or the arrest function on INS. I don't imagine officers or spotters IRL would be "arresting" anybody, there's other people who should be doing that job and Breachers already have the shotgun to arrest with.

Having dragging at all is already awesome with just medics though.
Redline.ss is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-20, 19:13   #15
[R-CON]​Fastjack
PR:BF2 Contributor

We will not lose only knifes or arrest.
I'm not happy with losing the abilty to knife people, like you can do in vietnams bushes.
You cannot kill silently anymore and that is not good.

There exist other weapons that have the mechanic of the knife and has the itemindex 1.
Excample: idfkni_tar21smelee.
That's the one where you use your bottomstock of the rifle and punching the enemy.

Make it sense to have 7 people in the squad who can drag but losing their knife?

Not to me.
Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-20, 20:19   #16
Redline.ss

I'm just playing devils advocate here, i think its great already with just medics.

But whats more inline with the spirit (and name) of this game, playing rambo with knives or dragging your teammates out of danger? I know if was a medic and my guys waited for me to come drag someone instead of just doing it themselves id be pissed.

Also there have a been a few "features" that I enjoyed for their gameplay that have been removed for the sake of reality in the past.
Redline.ss is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-20, 20:27   #17
Rabbit

I just want to drag away the other teams bodies so I can consume them while hiding in the bushes for stamina.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-20, 20:42   #18
Damian_

Most kits have nothing on slot 9, that could be used.
I see no "muh realism", or "muh gameplay" reason to not allow everyone to have option of saving their friends by puling them to safety.
If there is a reason against this, it can only be that it would cause crashes, or drop performance, or (put technical reason here).

Also could it be shovel right mouse button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastjack View Post
Isn't that a step backward? Why the Devs implemented the pilot and crewman kit system?
Why we have the restrictions that a medic cannot fly a chopper or drive a tank?

Wasn't it made to give each kit a important unique role?
For fuck sake, I'm not saing that everyone should have epipens
Last edited by Damian_; 2020-05-20 at 20:48..
Old 2020-05-20, 21:02   #19
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian_ View Post
Most kits have nothing on slot 9, that could be used.
I see no "muh realism", or "muh gameplay" reason to not allow everyone to have option of saving their friends by puling them to safety.
If there is a reason against this, it can only be that it would cause crashes, or drop performance, or (put technical reason here).
I think slot 9 is used for parashouts, when you have paradrops.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-21, 11:36   #20
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
afaik this can only be done with a weapon slot, so each kit would need a slot for dragging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
How would you do that though? should every kit have a drag function? No silly, you put it in the drop kit of course. But as I said I'm not sure if making everyone drag is a good idea yet.
Letting everyone drag would mean huge impact to gameplay.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote