project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > African Resistance Fighters
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
African Resistance Fighters Discussion pertaining to the African Resistance Fighters (ARF) faction.

Old 2009-11-24, 18:12   #11
162eRI
Default Re: [Question] Why the M1911A1?

Quote:
PR alread has an FN-Browning Hi-Power model, the L9A1 for the Brits is one (A Mk.III in the ingame case, which is a more modern variant, but a Hi Power none the less) its simply a case of using the same weapon

I think, ..., I think I'm going to look for a rope and hang myself up... How could I've forget this!!! I mean... Argggggggg
Old 2009-11-25, 02:41   #12
Soakerman

I think your forgetting that a heavy coat will stop a 9mm the 1911 hits hard
Old 2009-11-25, 02:48   #13
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakerman View Post
I think your forgetting that a heavy coat will stop a 9mm the 1911 hits hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules

The moderating team have had a little discussion, and have struck upon the following brilliant idea, first suggested by Guns Guru(tm) Bob Marley.

Due to several discussions in recent months where forum members have made claims about "this calibre" or "that weapon", we will now be adding a need for reputable sources to any claims made in the MilTech section of the forum.

Posts made that give any kind of statistic or factual evidence (as opposed to opinion or personal experience) i.e.: "No, the maximum range for a SA-7 is THIS far..." should be backed up by evidence.

Wikipedia in itself does not consitute reputable.

Where this is need is completely overlooked, posts may be deleted without warning. Repeat offenders may be slapped with wet fish, or possibly warned depending just how bad a mood the moderators are in that day

In short, no more e-penis waving contests about your favourite piece of hardware without some proof that your e-penis really is that large, please.
Source kthanxbi

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Old 2009-11-25, 14:48   #14
162eRI

Well, no need for that. It's a fact that the Colt 1911 (except if your refine the bullet or use super aute ammunitions) isn't enough powerful to get through amoured gears!!! The ammunition uses is a high-caliber bullet which one is heavy and slow, developing a very reduced energy and limiting the capacity of the weapon...

Last week-end on TV, the English (military academy historians or something like that) tried an Elizabeth's rifle and Colt 1911 on an armoured plate... The Colt's bullet didn't get through when the XVIth century rifle bullet get through...

Source: Programmes à la semaine - ARTE
You can watch the documentary here:
http://plus7.arte.tv/fr/1697660,CmC=...d=2917326.html
Old 2010-01-16, 21:56   #15
NuclearBanane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 162eRI View Post

I think, ..., I think I'm going to look for a rope and hang myself up... How could I've forget this!!! I mean... Argggggggg
No It's hard coded remember lol
Old 2010-01-25, 13:44   #16
Blakeman

Wasn't there a Tokarev TT-33 pistol model at one point for the chechens? I could have sworn there was that and the Mosin Nagant, both of which might see use in Africa because of their inexpensive nature.

Old 2010-02-06, 23:14   #17
xxXmsgt_jimbobXxx

i say just go with mec, then model a makarov later. we have more important things to worry about atm
Old 2010-06-30, 00:45   #18
RUSSIAN147

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglomanii View Post
maybe its time to bring in a revolver, after all only a few are going to have one.
Oh that would be awesome, is their currently any faction with one?
Old 2010-06-30, 14:28   #19
Infantry1242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellator View Post
Just give them the MEC pistol which the Russians, Taliban and Chechens also have, at least as a placeholder. The pistol should be a very, very low priority item.
So your an sniper on lets say Operation Barracuda,and you see a single guy,but you cant use your sniper rifle cause it will alert the squad 10 meters in the back,so you use the PISTOL.
Old 2012-09-03, 01:45   #20
tankninja1

Colt 1911 makes sense to me, after all its been massed produced for the last 101 years, produced through 2 world wars, and it really is fairly common for a pistol and according to the word of wiki twice as many 1911s have been produced as Browning High-Powers, of course sometimes its not the true Colt 1911 its some variant or copy.
Last edited by tankninja1; 2012-09-03 at 01:51..

Tags
question