project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > African Resistance Fighters
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
African Resistance Fighters Discussion pertaining to the African Resistance Fighters (ARF) faction.

Old 2010-06-10, 00:29   #11
anglomanii
Default Re: [Weapon] FAL (wooden)

chuck that thing is the original grand old lady of battle, especially in the old L1A1 pattern. (might be nice for this to be available to the PR:V mod guys too if there is ever any commonwealth faction being considered.)

i love this rifle, i got to shoot it a couple of times. scared the crap out of me every time (i was only a young fella) bloody heavy though, mind you it did a bloody good job killing gumtrees, it has a really distinctive sound too.

this guy has some good knowledge of this weapon, might help for animation. and pretty much any other weapon around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57oRBBzdj-M
Last edited by anglomanii; 2010-06-10 at 00:40.. Reason: video
Old 2010-06-10, 02:12   #12
dtacs
Supporting Member

Look forward to using this, especially if its complimented by the AK47 as the standard fighter loadout kits for the ARF.

And if its power and accuracy are anything like the G3 Irons...forget about it :P
Old 2010-06-10, 02:19   #13
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

^ yeah a combination of FAL and AK47 would be very hard to counter :P

Old 2010-06-15, 03:24   #14
GeorgRavioli
Supporting Member

*orgasm*. Awesome. Coupled with other third-world weapon systems, this should make Africans the next world super power .

Old 2010-06-16, 13:16   #15
Bellator

Both the metallic and wooden parts could be a little brighter. Also remove the muzzle tip (flash hinder?) like in the reference picture, that be cool. Or perhaps it'd make the weapon a little unpractical.
Last edited by Bellator; 2010-06-16 at 13:50..
Old 2010-06-25, 23:01   #16
Yourcrazyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent/shooter View Post
Why does it look like it has a silencer on it? :S
LOl, its just a normal muzzle :P
Old 2010-06-30, 00:30   #17
RUSSIAN147

This would make a Vietnam Vet like my dad weep. I have shot the weapon it is orgasmic, and replacing the magazine on the weapon, and pulling the charging handle makes a very noticible "click", its well done. Congrats guys.
Last edited by RUSSIAN147; 2010-06-30 at 00:37..
Old 2010-06-30, 00:34   #18
RUSSIAN147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellator View Post
Both the metallic and wooden parts could be a little brighter. Also remove the muzzle tip (flash hinder?) like in the reference picture, that be cool. Or perhaps it'd make the weapon a little unpractical.
If your remove the flash hider (on the real weapon) it becomes about 5 inchs shorter, but it also increases the risk of being seen thanks to the muzzle flash.
Old 2010-09-14, 21:56   #19
Sgt_Doctor

First page updated.
Old 2010-09-15, 04:32   #20
Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSIAN147 View Post
This would make a Vietnam Vet like my dad weep. I have shot the weapon it is orgasmic, and replacing the magazine on the weapon, and pulling the charging handle makes a very noticible "click", its well done. Congrats guys.
My grandfather lived with the FN FAL since it's adoption by the Brazilian Army in 1964, when he was a a Corporal until the day he retired, as a Major, and when I made this model and showed to him he told me some good and, unfortunately, some bad recordations about it.

I had the opportunity to shoot it some years ago, and I still have goosebumps when I remember that sound! hahahah

Good skinning, btw!

Tags
fal, weapon, wood, wooden