project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > African Resistance Fighters
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
African Resistance Fighters Discussion pertaining to the African Resistance Fighters (ARF) faction.

Old 2011-03-25, 18:18   #11
Wakain
Default Re: [Question] Clarity on a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Hauteclocque View Post
Well, there will be surely a new boat . One is planned for another faction (a PR faction already ingame) and would fit pretty well the ARF/AU with a reskin.
"other faction ingame" = chinmarines?
Old 2011-03-25, 18:21   #12
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

:P

Problem is...I'm not sure this has been shown already. I guess yes, when there was a PLANM thread active in the community modding forum.

Old 2011-03-25, 19:50   #13
Wakain

quite a long time ago there was a highlight or a devblog on those boats as well, I already wondered what had happened to them
Old 2011-03-26, 01:12   #14
Wh33lman

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f19...ng-videos.html

new boats. and i thought that the PLANM was just an idea, no one was actually working on it.
Old 2011-03-30, 21:28   #15
simeon5541

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Hauteclocque View Post
1. Both AU and ARF will be OPFOR, AU being a conventional faction, and the ARF insurgent-like.

2. Any BLUFOR can fight them with a good reason (several maps are already being done with the USMC and the French as opponents). Though you could also imagine a AU vs ARF scenario.

I didn't knew that,awesome . . .
Weapons of African nations are interesting,
I mean they use most outdated weapons in the world,
which is great,T-34,T-55,T-62,MiG-21,MiG-23,Jastreb J-21,Galeb G-2 . . .
Old 2012-04-05, 07:50   #16
SamBrev

I like, but I can't stand the sight of Africa as an OpFor. I was hoping some Southern Africans (even if they are just militia) against MEC and some other Arab insurgents. I like Africa. You really want both BluFor and OpFor factions; I said in a previous post some colonial warfare would be good against GB and France, but anyway.

Answers:
1. OpFor, but I really wish not...
2. Any, as said by someone else, but IMHO Britain and France in colonial warfare.
Old 2012-04-09, 13:09   #17
Wakain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBrev View Post
I like, but I can't stand the sight of Africa as an OpFor. I was hoping some Southern Africans (even if they are just militia) against MEC and some other Arab insurgents. I like Africa. You really want both BluFor and OpFor factions; I said in a previous post some colonial warfare would be good against GB and France, but anyway.

Answers:
1. OpFor, but I really wish not...
2. Any, as said by someone else, but IMHO Britain and France in colonial warfare.
I believe the UA will be used as both opfor and blufor (in possibly a semi-conventional role, techies and the like) whereas the ARF will be the archetypical unconventional opfor faction.

I'd like to see UA vs ARF in an unconventional out of the box scenario. the lack of scopes and modern technology might make for some interesting, bushwar-like warfare, not unlike the current vietnam mod, in my imagination.
Though conventional blufor factions engaging in neo-imperialist actions (piracy-control, Cote d'ivoiresque regimechange, human rights things, you know... kidding of course ) against predominantly UA but also ARF would be interesting for me as well.

Tags
clarity, question, things