project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2008-03-12, 23:21   #11
DeltaFart

this is a realism mod, not a balance mod-_-
DeltaFart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 01:10   #12
Emnyron
Supporting Member

Aye, but then, WHERE THE HECK is all the goodies they cram into these things these days?
Where is the gyro stab, where is the FCS that allows you to track and fire at 16 different targets, at the same time?
Not to mention, the cobra can take 2 30mm cannon hits in the tail and still fly?!?

Unthill you fully understand what you are reffering to, pleace be quiet, kthxbie!
Emnyron is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 01:22   #13
DeltaFart

Engine limitations, though I beleive stabilization is coming in next release. And the 16 targets, you'd crash the entire master server with that haha
PS I know what I'm talking about, and since I know that things are missing, and becuase of repetitiveness of the mod, I left for awhile. I do know what Im talking about though
DeltaFart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 02:36   #14
Mosquill
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emnyron
Balance.
simple as that.
The cobra is SOOOOO mutch faster and agile than the havok..
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFart View Post
this is a realism mod, not a balance mod-_-
Isn't Havoc a little faster then Cobra IRL?
Mosquill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 10:27   #15
Emnyron
Supporting Member

Official speed for the Mi-28 havok is 300 km/h (187 mph),
Official speed for the AH-1 SuperCobra is 190 knots (218 mph, 352 km/h)
Emnyron is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 11:47   #16
Mosquill
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emnyron View Post
Official speed for the Mi-28 havok is 300 km/h (187 mph),
Official speed for the AH-1 SuperCobra is 190 knots (218 mph, 352 km/h)
I thought it was the max speed.
Mosquill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 13:23   #17
Mora

The havoc is too slow but its also makes it easier to stabilize and actually hit the targets. And it has 16 missiles in total while the cobra has only 8. But thats not the main problem.. its the elevation of the cobra that blocks the attacks from high altitude and low flying is no option because when your low tanks and aav's and aaa's and all other units can shoot you, and you have a very big disadvantage over the havoc. You can see that very good in my HellFire video.
So i think it should be changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (HUN)Rud3bwoy View Post
And fix the unzoomed cam of the Z-10 too while you are at it.
The problem with it is that you can see the helo's nose while unzoomed and it blocks out your view pretty much. The nose disappears when zoomed, however it can be pretty annoying. Anyone else noticed this?

Oh and x2 on fixing the Cobra's max angle. Let me try to explain also: on Kashan around 500-550 feet high, hovering exactly above north village, facing towards the bunkers i can see the base of the mountains, and cant go lower with the cam, while being in a Havoc at around the same height I can almost see the flag itself im hovering above.
If i am not wrong the camera of the Z-10 is above the nose so its realistic.
Last edited by Mora; 2008-03-13 at 13:29..
Old 2008-03-14, 11:53   #18
Psyko

Yup these guys are right. for a vehicle as powerful as the cobra, and with the same spawn time as a jet, i needs to be beefed up in it's capabilities.

The camera is on the outside of the nose btw, this cam makes it seem like we are still looking out of the skull of the gunner xD

and on that note, there is a gunner HUD, its inside his visor and rotates as he spins his head. maybe its not in PR because its hardcoded, and the hud can only stay on the front of view, and when you Ctrl+rotate mouse the hud is knocked off. maybe a bit of clarity on that issue would be helpfull.

The gun has a great deal of spin and angle, and should be able to see nearly everything. however, the helfires are targeted with a laser designator, and are launched out the front of the chopper and use an onboard targeting device to find the target that was specified, so this laser designator if nothing else whould be able to see everything-bar-the direct rear of the chopper.

the reason the gun is on the bottom of the fueselage is so the gear, the loadout and the cab and tail dont obstruct it's vision and rotation.
[sorry for de spelingz, i cnt spll!!2]
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 12:11   #19
(HUN)Rud3bwoy
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mora View Post
If i am not wrong the camera of the Z-10 is above the nose so its realistic.
If thats the case then leave it as it is, but it is kinda weird...
(HUN)Rud3bwoy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 12:54   #20
Psyko

this is a pic i got of Z-10, my resourses are kinda thin, but i can barly see somthing on the topmost part of the nose, it may be the camera.
Attached Thumbnails
Z-10_03.jpg  
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cobra, elevation, hellfire