project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2021-09-04, 16:46   #11
InfantryGamer42
Default Re: Project Reality v1.6.8 Update details & Devcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgcihan51 View Post
2 - Turkish army should be added
This suggestion have simple fix. If you want to see one faction in game, you mobilize group of people and make one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
The target position will only update when LMB is down. With APCs, you can guide it, stop, then guide it again.
So it works like ATGM on attack helicopters?
Old 2021-09-04, 22:58   #12
Kevokpo

Awesome news, The off map airbases is a good idea, I was thinking of an airbase for Korengal valley where you can take of and land with choppers safely without being camped right away, and maybe add some attack helicopters!
Old 2021-09-05, 00:03   #13
Valmont

Dear devs, do you have any estimations on how the recoil fixes affect the ai Bots' difficulty? Or are those changes just for players?
Old 2021-09-05, 03:47   #14
Sixthncst
Supporting Member

As an avid PR user for almost 10 years, I appreciate some of the modifications, but am severely disappointed in removing the ability of insurgents to make nade trap bomb cars. This is an effective tool in combating enemy forces. If this game is supposed to be REALITY, then you should allow insurgents to operate abandoned humvees and some of the basic equipment. If you find an enemy weapon, you should be able to keep it and use it as much as practicable. This game is supposed to be REALISTIC, but too many parameters in the game hinder actual fighting. Overall I enjoy PR, but some of these restrictive changes hurt game play in my opinion.
Old 2021-09-05, 09:16   #15
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Great update!

So now we can finally have off-map aircraft carriers that can't be seen from the shore - and plenty of time to play "Fortunate Son" or any other epic theme when flying towards the enemy

Old 2021-09-05, 10:17   #16
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixthncst View Post
but am severely disappointed in removing the ability of insurgents to make nade trap bomb cars
You do realize this was only possible with logistic techies due to bad colmesh, right?
There's nothing realistic about using grenades in a VBIED, rather than filling it with half a ton of explosives, lik
Old 2021-09-05, 11:29   #17
Germanius_GER

Respect! After all these years, you guys are still putting out new updates with cool new features, that even put "professionals" game makers in the shadow.
Old 2021-09-05, 16:05   #18
ObeerBongKenobi
Supporting Member

Thanks for the update however this seems to be yet again one step fw and 3 steps back. The menus are messed up and cant see the cursor. tried resetting shader cache and updating my video card drivers. Also the UAV icon in the upper left in commander view can no longer be selected and placed on the map without guessing where the mouse is. The only way is to use the UAV from the small command window and right clicking. Some of the recoil is affecting the guns ability to shoot anything. I was playing Burning sands MEC VS GER and the german rifiles were unable to kill on single shot. I literally had 5 shot directly in the face of my enemy 20M away and he was able to single shot me with a G3. The german rifles are BB guns compared the the pellet guns they were before the patch. The M4 rifles are also nerfed after the update. Thanks but no thanks. -wank

=MeRk= DR.WANKENSTEIN
Old 2021-09-05, 16:13   #19
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeerBongKenobi View Post
Thanks for the update however this seems to be yet again one step fw and 3 steps back. The menus are messed up and cant see the cursor. tried resetting shader cache and updating my video card drivers. Also the UAV icon in the upper left in commander view can no longer be selected and placed on the map without guessing where the mouse is. The only way is to use the UAV from the small command window and right clicking. Some of the recoil is affecting the guns ability to shoot anything. I was playing Burning sands MEC VS GER and the german rifiles were unable to kill on single shot. I literally had 5 shot directly in the face of my enemy 20M away and he was able to single shot me with a G3. The german rifles are BB guns compared the the pellet guns they were before the patch. The M4 rifles are also nerfed after the update. Thanks but no thanks. -wank
Nothing changed on gun damage. You either missed or the server are your bullets due to bad hitreg.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Old 2021-09-06, 06:35   #20
RaNa-Rocxs

We need to fix the menu screen which hides my mouse at after every map loading.

Closed Thread