project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Australian Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Australian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Australian Forces.

Old 2010-03-02, 12:52   #11
Maxfragg

Default Re: Middle East Deployments

PR has allways been about REAL armys in FICTIONAL battles, so, no problem at all
Old 2010-03-02, 22:12   #12
hades198

guess i was wrong cause

SO THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY SCRAPPED
Old 2010-03-03, 01:31   #13
anglomanii

it's ok mate, just take some time review this forum and read about what PR and the ADF comfac are trying to achieve, if you are able to assist in any way, or think you might be able to, ask around or find a service you can provide. remember every little bit helps. if every one here in this comfac devoted just half an hour of work time a month and donated the proceeds we could help push this comfac ahead. if you cant provide funds, use your downloads and uploads to help. find really good REF pics on line or take photo's your self. make sure they are high def and are pertinent to the comfac. here's an example, if there is a local defence force open day, go along and click away ask questions and scource information. if you have local defence suppliers, see if they can help you.
any thing and every contribution is going to help in some way. remember we are all doing this together ok. so lets get the community spirit back and push on a head.
Old 2010-07-18, 06:03   #14
anglomanii

just a small update to the aussie MEOD

looks like aussie forces will be in the MEO for many years to come. so if anyone has any idea's on making some aussie middle east maps, these might be the kind of places to use as backstory.

DEFENCE MEDIA RELEASE

Dutch hand over security of Chora Valley

Having worked closely with Australian forces during the past four years, the Netherlands officially passed command of a patrol base in the Chora Valley, Uruzgan Province, to the Afghan National Army (ANA) and Combined Team-Uruzgan (CT-U) last week.

The Dutch Government decided in December 2007 that its forces would be drawn down progressively from Uruzgan in 2010, and this handover of command in Chora signals the beginning of transition to a new phase of coalition operations in the region.

Under the new multinational construct 'Combined Team-Uruzgan' Australia will work closely with our US ally, Afghan forces and other International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) partners, including Singapore and Slovakia, to continue to build security and development in Uruzgan Province.

Chief of Joint Operations, Lieutenant General Mark Evans, says the Australian soldiers will proudly build on the achievements of the Dutch in the district.

"The people of Chora have seen considerable progress in the past four years," Lieutenant General Evans said.

"The Dutch soldiers should rightfully take pride in their achievements.

"Their approach has complemented our own which has delivered very positive outcomes for the local Afghans."

"Australia has been their partner from the beginning and we will now, along with the Afghan Army and our new US partners, continue this vital mission in Chora."

Dutch Commander Brigadier Kees van den Heuvel spoke of the significance of Chora Valley.

"Three years ago this company was here and because of the strategic importance of Chora, the Netherlands decided to stay and military history was written," Brigadier van den Heuvel said.

Captain Peter Allan of the 1st Mentoring Task Force paid tribute to the Dutch soldiers who had fallen in the Chora Valley.

"Chora is a place where the Dutch have suffered casualties but their sacrifice was not in vain - their battlefield is now our battlefield and be assured their memory will be honoured."

Continuing Australian and Afghan security force operations are focused on improving the lives of the local people by setting the security conditions for enhanced development in the areas of health, education, and public works.

ADF mentoring of the ANA, particularly the focus on tactical battlefield skills, leadership and effective command and control, reinforces ISAF's commitment to assisting the ANSF to take responsibility for the security of Afghanistan.

For more information on the ADF's operation in Afghanistan go to Australian Operation in Afghanistan - Department of Defence
Old 2010-07-18, 12:25   #15
Linx_esp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfragg View Post
PR has allways been about REAL armys in FICTIONAL battles, so, no problem at all
I think the MEC is NOT a REAL army, is it?
Last edited by Linx_esp; 2010-07-18 at 21:41..
Old 2010-08-05, 08:57   #16
Ta77a

Dude, there is like 200 SAS operators in Australia, so how can a majority of the deployed soldiers be SAS? Thats a small task force if i ever saw one!
Old 2010-08-05, 15:01   #17
Truism

The SOTG isn't just SASR, it's also formed from other SF units in Australia, most notably 2CDO, but also IRR and supporting elements from 1ARMD and various artillery units. Basically I don't know the actual numbers involved off hand, but the SOTG is quite a large group. I don't know if it's bigger than MRTF (which has 4 company sized groups as maneuvre forces along with various mentoring and training teams as well as all the support and service support side of things).
Old 2010-08-05, 17:00   #18
myles
Default Re: Middle East Delpoyments

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades198 View Post
well since u dont live in aus u wouldnt really know whats going on but i get my sources from CNN (australian new channels) plus go to the ADFs website and look at their current overseas deployments and what units are involved.
Well i dont think The AUSSIE military website would give info about where their elite forces are!
Old 2011-02-21, 22:09   #19
Doro

the average soldier is not of special operations.
Old 2011-02-21, 22:26   #20
Shovel
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades198 View Post
guess i was wrong cause

SO THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY SCRAPPED
You don't need to get upset, PR forums are for the discussions and the feedbacks.

Shovel009

Tags
delpoyments, deployments, east, middle