project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
24 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2012-10-06, 02:28   #11
Jolly
Default Re: PR:F v0.1 Bug Reports

No one mentioned about that lagging gun on brits carrier?
It horrible when some firing that, the rest of 63 have to suffer horrible lag.
Old 2012-10-06, 02:55   #12
ubermensche

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]BloodyDeed View Post
Crashing to desktop when not having vietnam installed is a known issue.
Install vietnam and after that falklands will solve that issue.
Thanks for the detailed report anyway.
Nope, doesn't work for me... :'(.

I'll try reinstalling PR completely tomorrow. This is really bugging me off...
Old 2012-10-06, 03:43   #13
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevokpo View Post
in 64 layer map if you spawn on argentine Main base where the mirages and A4 spawns you get an instant CTD
Tested on PRLatinoamerica Server 1
Quote:
I figured out that you cannot go out of bounds (minimap) while being in the argentine team, as we couldn't spawn on the airfield we wanted to got to the airfield using the chopper, but as soon as we went out of the minimap the game crashed we noticed that this happens on every layer (we didn't tried on skirmish tough as we don't have any air trans vehicle)

EDIT: sorry for editing so many times, We just loaded the 32 players layer (same as 64 but night) and the arg team can spawn on the airfield and use the planes.
This doesn't happen to most people, my guess is that your very low on memory, and as soon as you get close to Argentina and its jet, you need to load all its textures and you don't have enough free memory to do that and as a result, you CTD.

There are two things you can try for me to confirm this.

1. Lower your GFX settings so everything is on low, then try spawning there. If everything is already all on low then you can't try this one.
2. Try loading up AAS 16 (Infantry) and flying to Argentina if you haven't already done so (if you have, plz confirm you have?) and see if you crash then. Also can you please note at what exact time do you crash, is it when Argentina comes into sight, when you get close to the airbase or excatly when you leave the minimap, or outside of the minimap area but randomly at some point in the water when you get close to Argentina etc?

Quote:
another thing that had been reported, not clearly is that when you build a fixed AA emplacement, when you get out of it you get out in another part of the map, haven't recreated it yet but a friend told me that
Sounds odd, can you try to confirm this? Not had it happen to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly View Post
No one mentioned about that lagging gun on brits carrier?
It horrible when some firing that, the rest of 63 have to suffer horrible lag.
Known issue, we are going to try and look into it but don't think we can fix this one serverside. Unfortunately didn't come up in testing due to us not testing it with many players on the server

Keep them coming guys. We are going to look into trying to fix a bunch of bugs server side where possible as noted above but there is only so much we can fix this way.

Old 2012-10-06, 03:46   #14
titsmcgee852

I can't even install it. Says I need to have PR 0.97 installed and I clearly already do. Can anyone help?
Old 2012-10-06, 03:48   #15
ubermensche

I really don't get why it isn't working. I completely reinstalled PR with the 3 .exe files. Installed Vietnam and then installed Falklands. Why is it keeping on CTDing at the start???
Old 2012-10-06, 03:59   #16
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Can we keep this to bug reports please guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by titsmcgee852 View Post
I can't even install it. Says I need to have PR 0.97 installed and I clearly already do. Can anyone help?
Can we keep this to this topic? https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f56...ml#post1822232

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermensche View Post
I really don't get why it isn't working. I completely reinstalled PR with the 3 .exe files. Installed Vietnam and then installed Falklands. Why is it keeping on CTDing at the start???
If its just PR:F crashing then it might be due to being out of memory, if its all PR maps then no idea. Best if you make a new topic in the PR:BF2 support forums about it?

Old 2012-10-06, 04:47   #17
Jolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermensche View Post
Same issue here, CTD if I am trying to start any local server.
Old 2012-10-06, 04:52   #18
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27...falklands.html

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2012-10-06 at 04:59..
Old 2012-10-06, 14:48   #19
MirrorsEdge
Supporting Member

Rhino and Ironclad,

Last night, you both probably witnessed this, but at the end of the round, instead of giving the score, the server just crashes, this happened twice now when running VW. I'm going to test it again and make the round last 10 minutes and see what happens. Is there a file on the server that I can paste about the crash at the end of the round?

Thanks

Battleghost - Reality Falklands server

Old 2012-10-06, 15:00   #20
MrTomRobs

Whenever i have the L9A1 SLP selected as a pilot, the slide, hammer and the slide holding pin keep wobbling around on top of each other with the movement of the players hands.

I also noticed that the iron sights on the L1A1 SLR do not re-align when you move around when aiming. E.g. if you aim at a point, the iron sights will be aligned correctly. However, move left or right, or even up or down, the sight picture will remain in the position that they moved to with the 3D iron sight effect. So if you moved your aim to the left, the rear iron sight will remain in the normal position, but the front iron sight will be aligned to the left, with the left post being obscured.

RobsEDIT - Just read the OP, my first PR:F round was at night time (and got a kill, amazingly!) so i couldn't see if it was an issue there, but the ones i've noticed were on the VW layer, and only tested on the carrier, so i'm not entirely sure if it's still valid when it's on the islands or within the minimap boundaries.
Last edited by MrTomRobs; 2012-10-06 at 15:10..

Tags
bug, prf, reports, v01