project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Indonesian Forces
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Indonesian Forces Discussion pertaining to the Indonesian Forces Community faction.

Old 2022-04-10, 09:33   #11
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: [WIP] NLAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
Also is the scope just an ACOG? Looks similar but if it is, would be best to use the PR ACOG scope model and textures to save on texture memory, unless there are significant differences that justify a new model and texture.
We kinda switching away from re-using textures as much as possible and instead try to limit amount of materials per mesh.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-10, 09:50   #12
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANW1173 View Post
thank you for the suggestion, yes you seem right, I should have added more dirt and wear but I also thought NLAW is only used once and have just come out of the box so it looks new.
Pics I've seen of it in Ukraine etc show it being pretty grubby. Things get worn and grubby quickly in the field. Most shots you can find are from training environments but in combat things get rested in the dirt etc instead of on a folding table.

Quote:
For missiles, I can lower the details a bit, and once again thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it
Just for the LODs, 200 tris is fine for LOD0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
We kinda switching away from re-using textures as much as possible and instead try to limit amount of materials per mesh.
The scope here already has a separate material if I've understood ANW1173's post correctly? Depends on the item, size of the texture etc if it is worth re-using or having multiple textures for the same thing.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-10, 09:54   #13
Simppa

Quote:
Very nice work, my main feedback would be the launcher could do with a lot more dirt and wear, looks like it has just come right out of the factory right now. Also is the scope just an ACOG? Looks similar but if it is, would be best to use the PR ACOG scope model and textures to save on texture memory, unless there are significant differences that justify a new model and texture. One last thing is the missile looks good, but you will want to cut down on the detail heavily in the LODs as the only time it will be seen with any detail is in paused/slowed battle recorder shots.

Keep up the good work, will be nice to replace the vBF2 model
Nlaws Acog has a rubber eyecover, which you can’t see in normal Acog scope. Main difference is however the sight picture, where Nlaw’s Acog has a V that illuminates red. Squad presents this pretty well, apart the predicting mode, where you need to follow the vehicle about 3 sec and in Squad this is indicated with red circle. In reality this doesn’t happen as Acog isn’t capable to do that.

I’m also interested to know is the Nlaw just gonna replace the old Nlaw model? As now it works on fire-and-follow and is direct and real one works with this prediction and has Over-Top and direct attack modes

Otherwises damn fine work! Was expecting this to come with FDF faction but it has been dead for a while now. Keep it up!
Last edited by Simppa; 2022-04-10 at 10:43..
Old 2022-04-10, 12:46   #14
[R-DEV]​ANW1173
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Pics I've seen of it in Ukraine etc show it being pretty grubby. Things get worn and grubby quickly in the field. Most shots you can find are from training environments but in combat things get rested in the dirt etc instead of on a folding table.
I added a little dirt and scuffs according to your suggestion, in this photo it doesn't look visible maybe when you import it into the game the effect will be more visible, but you can see clearly the dirt in the diffuse material

on the other side

INDONESIAN COMMUNITY FACTION
ANW1173 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-10, 13:57   #15
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Ye looks good, a subtle amount of dirt goes a long way

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-11, 03:48   #16
=Harbinger=
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmash View Post
There is already one nlaw model in game, but seems to be outdated. Your model looks a lot better and more realistic, keep it up.

The model ingame PR rightnow from re-textured from BF2 (SRAW Anti Tank kit BF2). That's why we (modding team include ANW) interest to make NLAW and for Indonesia Faction as well.

And you will suprise that Indonesia National Army (in real life) have bought Javelin from 2012. We do not yet have plans adding javelin to our designplan, for now only NLAW as HAT.

Feel free to join our Discord
PRID on Youtube
=Harbinger= is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-11, 06:57   #17
[R-DEV]​ANW1173

ok now for the sight, what is the reticular shape? I found this picture online but I doubt its authenticity because I've never shot one before.

Old 2022-04-11, 07:16   #18
Simppa

Quote:
ok now for the sight, what is the reticular shape? I found this picture online but I doubt its authenticity because I've never shot one before.

Well no need to doubt. That is the actual shape of the sight, or at least this is in use by the Finns. Maybe not the best pic what you have found. Nlaw uses model TA41 Acog sight. Here’s a better picture of the sight for you:

Simppa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-11, 07:35   #19
[R-DEV]​ANW1173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simppa View Post
Well no need to doubt. That is the actual shape of the sight, or at least this is in use by the Finns. Maybe not the best pic what you have found. Nlaw uses model TA41 Acog sight. Here’s a better picture of the sight for you:
ok but what about the red circle? is there something like this in NLAW? I doubt it because there is no cable connected
this pic is from game squad

Old 2022-04-11, 10:38   #20
Simppa

Quote:
ok but what about the red circle? is there something like this in NLAW? I doubt it because there is no cable connected
this pic is from game squad
The circle in Squad indicates that you have activated following mechanic. You have to follow the vehicle at least 3sec so that missile could count the right velocity and predict the position of the vehicle. In the real Nlaw you can’t indicate this anyway. So no, scope doesn’t indicate this red circle irl.
Simppa is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
nlaw